|Amybeth McNulty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 2001|
Amybeth McNulty is an Irish-Canadian actress and theatre artist who is best recognized for her portrayal of Anne Shirley in the television series, Anne with an E. In addition to that, she has also been cast in a variety of other roles in shows and movies such as Morgan in Morgan, Claire McLeod in Maternal, Sputnik in The Sparticle Mystery, Ariadne Pleasant in A Risky Undertaking, and Jenny Rane in Clean Break.
Co. Donegal, Ireland
Amybeth McNulty was homeschooled.
Actress, Theatre Artist
- Sibling – She is an only child.
Amybeth McNulty is represented by Lisa Richards Agency, Talent Agency, Dublin, Ireland.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Amybeth McNulty is of Irish descent on her father’s side and has Canadian ancestry on her mother’s side.
She dyed her hair ‘red’ for the role of Anne Shirley in Anne with an E.
She came out as bisexual in June 2020.
- Bright smile
- Youthful voice
- Dimpled smile
Amybeth McNulty Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland.
- In December 2014, Amybeth McNulty made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Young Agatha in an episode titled The Quiche of Death of the comedy-crime mystery drama series, Agatha Raisin.
- She made her theatrical film debut by appearing as Morgan (aged 10) in the 2016 British-American science fiction horror film, Morgan, which starred Kate Mara, Anya Taylor-Joy, Toby Jones, Rose Leslie, Boyd Holbrook, Michelle Yeoh, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- From 2017 to 2019, Amybeth McNulty was cast in the lead role of Anne Shirley in the Canadian episodic children’s literature television series, Anne with an E. Her co-stars included Geraldine James, Lucas Jade Zumann, and Dalila Bela.
- For her performance in Anne with an E, she won the Canadian Screen Award for “Best Lead Actress, Drama Series” and ACTRA Toronto Award for “Outstanding Performance – Female” in 2019.
- On Anne with an E, she also performed songs like It Is Well With My Soul and Angels We Have Heard on High.
- Amybeth McNulty was offered a role in the popular American fantasy drama television series, Game of Thrones. However, she declined the offer because she is against the idea of wearing fur as she is a vegetarian.
- She has been a part of several stage productions including plays like Les Miserables, The Little Mermaid, The Sound of Music, Annie, and The Long Winter.
- She holds dual citizenship in Ireland and Canada.
Featured Image by Amybeth McNulty / Instagram
I’m pretty sure she is bisexual or queer