Sean John Combs
Nick Name / Stage Name
Diddy, P. Diddy, Puff Daddy, Puffy
Harlem, New York City, U.S.
New York, United States
In 1987, he graduated from a high school called Mount Saint Michael Academy.
He also went to Howard University for two years to major in business but dropped out in 1990.
Rapper, singer-songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, actor
- Father – Melvin Earl Combs (Associated with drug dealer Frank Lucas) (Murdered)
- Mother – Janice Combs (Model and Teacher’s Assistant)
- Siblings – Keisha Combs (Sister)
As a model, he was signed to Metropolitan Models – Paris.
He is also signed to Violator Management & Records.
Hip hop, R&B
Bad Boy, Interscope Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sean Combs dated –
- Misa Hylton-Brim (1992-1995) – In September 1992, he started dating his college sweetheart, Misa Hylton-Brim, who is now a fashion designer. Together, they had a child, named Justin Dior (b. December 1993). They split in 1995.
- Sarah Chapman (1993-2009) – American businesswoman Sarah Chapman and Sean Combs were in a long-term relationship, which was never revealed to the public. Media also didn’t notice about their relationship at that time, as he was publicly dating Kim Porter. Sarah gave birth to a daughter named Chance in July 2006 of whom Sean took legal responsibility. This move ended his relationship with Porter. He also split with Sarah in 2009.
- Kim Porter (1994-1999, 2003-2007) – Starting from May 1994, he dated ON and OFF with model Kim Porter for over a decade. During this time, he adopted a boy named, Quincy Brown (b. June 1991), who is a child of singer Al B. Sure and Kim Porter. Sean has three biological children with Kim, son Christian (b. 1998), and twin daughters D’Lila Star and Jessie James (b. December 21, 2006). The duo got separated in July 2007.
- Jennifer Lopez (1999-2001) – From August 1999 to February 2001, he was romantically linked to singer Jennifer Lopez.
- Karrine Steffans (2001) – Author of Vixen series of books, Karrine Steffans and Sean had a fling with each other in 2001.
- Emma Heming (2001) – He worked with the British model, Emma Heming for a photo shoot for “Details” magazine in 2001 and the couple became an item.
- Sky Nellor (2002) – When Sean was on a tour, he was RUMORed to be dating Australian model, Sky Nellor in 2002.
- Alicia Douvall (2002) – In 2002, Sean had a fling with British glamour model, Alicia Douvall. She claimed that she had one night stand with Sean and that she was pregnant with his child.
- Naomi Campbell (2002) – Again, in the same years, Sean dated another British model, Naomi Campbell. This relationship went for a couple of months. But, nothing came out of it and they split amicably.
- Claudia Jordan (2006) – In 2006, Combs had an encounter with the actress, model, and TV personality, Claudia Jordan.
- Cassie Ventura (2006-2018) – In May 2006, singers, Cassie and P. Diddy sparked romance rumors when she was signed to Sean’s record label, Bad Boy Records. Later, in August 2012, their engagement news also spread across the internet. But, neither of them approved of the news. They kept secretly dating for years and called off their romantic bonding in 2018 which came to public knowledge in October 2018.
- Noémie Lenoir (2007) – In 2007, Sean’s name was linked with the French model, Noémie Lenoir. It was just an encounter.
- Penélope Cruz (2007) – Spanish actress, Penélope Cruz and Sean Combs were also found to be in a relationship in 2007. Again, it was another short-lived relationship.
- Sienna Miller (2007) – In February 2007, Sean had a fling with English actress, Sienna Miller.
- Aubrey O’Day (2007) – In April 2007, singers Aubrey O’Day and Sean Combs were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other, when they worked together. She is roughly 14 years his junior.
- Diana Bianchi (2008) – In 2008, he reportedly had an affair with Diana Bianchi after they had met at his recording studio. She also dated Christie Brinkley‘s ex-hubby, Peter Cook.
- Cameron Diaz (2008, 2012) – In 2008, they were seen kissing each other in the Dream Downtown Hotel during one Saturday night. They spent the night talking, kissing, and dancing together. It was just an encounter. Again, in 2012, they were seen at CAA gala in West Hollywood. It seemed he actually missed her when they met in 2008.
- Kate Upton (2013) – In 2013, Sean was RUMORed to have had a fling with Sports Illustrated model, Kate Upton, who is approx 22 years his junior.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears Ray Ban sunglasses a lot
- Keeps changing his stage name
Sean Combs has appeared in numerous TV commercials such as –
- Diet Pepsi (2005)
- Proactiv Acne Treatment & Skin Care (2005)
- ONE campaign (Public Service Announcement) (2005)
- Burger King (2007)
- Macy’s department stores (2007)
- Macy’s (2013)
- Cîroc Ultra Premium Vodka (2014)
- Fiat 500L four-door (2014)
In 2008, he even appeared in a Ciroc Vodka print ad.
Best Known For
His musical creations like “I’ll Be Missing You,” “Come with Me,” “Coming Home” and others.
As a singer, he released his debut album No Way Out on July 1, 1997, via his own Bad Boy Records. He achieved the sales figure of 7,200,000 in the US. His album peaked at #1 in Switzerland, USA, and Canada. It got certified as 7x Platinum in U.S.
The album consists of 17 singles with approx 78-minute length.
In 2001, he appeared in the comedy/crime film Made for his role as Ruiz, where he appeared in a starring role apart from Vince Vaughn and Peter Falk.
First TV Show
As an actor, his first performance in a TV series was in CSI: Miami as Derek Powell in 2009 in two episodes entitled “Sink or Swim,” and “Presumed Guilty.”
He has taken help from celebrity trainer, Mark Jenkins.
The entrepreneur has also launched a fitness water called AQUAhydrate, which contains 72 electrolytes and no added sugar; hence zero calories.
Sean has also taken participation in a marathon race for charity purpose for which he prepared in just six weeks by eating a diet rich in proteins, and low in carbs. He even had to restrain himself from doing sex for two weeks to prepare for that race.
Sean Combs Favorite Things
- Food – Italian Food
- All-Time Favorite Movie – Scarface (1983). He has watched this movie over 60 times.
- Place To Visit – Home
- Website – PerezHilton.com
- Drink – Ciroc Martini
- Movie Star – Audrey Hepburn
Sean Combs Facts
- Combs started his career professionally in 1990.
- Combs was invited to Usher Raymond‘s 26th birthday party.
- He is the founder of the record label, Bad Boy Records, which he founded in 1993. In the US, it is distributed by Interscope Records.
- Sean’s net worth was estimated at $735 million as per Forbes in 2015.
- Sean was born in Harlem (New York City) and brought up in Mount Vernon, New York.
- His dad, who was connected with a drug dealer was murdered at the age of 33.
- He used to play football as a child and even led his Academy team to a title win in 1986.
- While playing football, when he used to get angry, Sean would “huff and puff.” Hence, the nickname Puffy.
- In 1998, Sean founded his clothing line, Sean John.
- In June 2015, he was arrested by the police after he attacked his son Justin’s football coach (who was yelling at him) with a deadly weapon.
- As per CNBC interview, he doesn’t drive a car.
- From 2007 to 2012, he was a part of the music group, Diddy–Dirty Money.
- Steve Jobs is his business hero.
- He lives on the motto “Believe.”
- Hear more from Sean on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and iTunes.