|Mariah Carey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mariah Carey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, entrepreneur, and television judge who is referred to as the “Songbird Supreme” by Guinness World Records for her use of the whistle register. Recognized for her five-octave vocal range and melismatic singing style, she became the first artist in history to have their first five singles reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. She is one of the best-selling music artists of all time and the World Music Awards honored her as the world’s best-selling music artist of the 1990s and the best-selling pop female artist of the millennium. The legendary singer has won at least 5 Grammy Awards, 19 World Music Awards, 10 American Music Awards, and 15 Billboard Music Awards and has released albums like Rainbow, Glitter, Merry Christmas, Mariah Carey, Butterfly, Daydream, The Emancipation of Mimi, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, and Merry Christmas II You.
Mariah Angela Carey
Mimi, Mary Poppins, MC, Mermaid, Mirage, Songbird, The Voice
Long Island, Huntington, New York, United States
Mariah attended Harborfields High School in Greenlawn, New York, and graduated in 1987. She also attended Florida Atlantic University.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actress, Entrepreneur, Television Judge
- Father – Alfred Roy Carey (Aeronautical Engineer)
- Mother – Patricia (née Hickey) (Former Opera Singer, Vocal Coach)
- Siblings – Allison Carey (Sister), Morgan Carey (Brother)
- Others – Roberto Nuñez (later Robert Edward Carey) (Paternal Grandfather), Addie Cole (Paternal Grandmother), John Wesley Hickey (Maternal Grandfather), Ann Elizabeth Egan (Maternal Grandmother)
She was previously managed by Randy Jackson.
She has also been signed with –
- Roc Nation LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States (Left in 2021)
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
R&B, pop, hip-hop, soul, dance
Columbia Records, Virgin, MonarC, Island Records, Def Jam, Epic Records, Crave Records, Legacy, Butterfly MC
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Mariah had lost 25 lbs of weight in late 2017.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mariah Carey has dated –
- Sean Combs
- Tyrese Gibson
- Tommy Mottola (1992-1998) – Thomas Mottola, a music executive and co-owner of Casablanca Records dated Carey in 1992, when they first met at a party. Soon, the couple engaged on December 25, 1992. Their marriage took place on June 5, 199, in a lavish ceremony. Their marriage broke out on May 5, 1998. He is 21 years older than her.
- Eddie Griffin (1996-1997) – American actor and comedian had a brief relationship starting from July 1996, when Mariah had written a song on Griffin titled “Fourth of July” because this is the date when the two met.
- Derek Jeter (1997-1998) – American baseball shortstop, who plays for New York Yankees was romantically linked to Mariah from December 1997 until November 1998.
- Jamie Theakston (1998) – English TV and radio presenter had a fling with Mariah in late 1998.
- Marcus Schenkenberg (1998) – Dual citizenship holder, a Swedish model, Marcus had a brief relationship with singer Mariah in 1998. This happened when they first met at P. Diddy’s birthday bash.
- Luis Miguel (1999-2001) – A Mexican singer, known for his love of privacy, was romantically linked to singer Carey from 1999 to 2001.
- Eric Benét (2001) – American R&B singer worked with Mariah and also dated during the same time in 2001.
- Eminem (2001-2006) – Marshall Bruce, better known as Eminem became an item on July 8, 2001. The relationship went on till 2006. But, it was an ON again, OFF again kind of relationship. They broke in between, multiple times.
- Mark Sudack (2003-2005) – Mark, another singer from America dated for more than a year from 2003 to 2005 with Carey, as she broke out with Eminem at that time.
- Christian Monzon (2005-2006) – American successful model, Christian Monzon dated for less than a year from 2005 to 2006. They filmed some steamy hot scenes for Carey’s single “Don’t Forget About Us”.
- Trey Songz (2007) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with singer, songwriter, rapper, and actor Trey Songz in 2007.
- Nick Cannon (2008-2015) – American actor, and rapper, Cannon is married to Mariah Carey. They commenced dating in February 2008, engaged on April 22, 2008, and soon married on April 30 in the same year. The couple has two children, twins (born on April 30, 2011) named Monroe (daughter) and Moroccan Scott Cannon (son). The couple separated in August 2014. Nick filed for divorce in December 2014, which was finalized in April 2015.
- Brett Ratner (2015) – She hooked up with director and producer Brett Ratner in March 2015.
- James Packer (2015-2016) – In June 2015, she started dating Australian billionaire, James Packer. They were spotted together in Capri, Italy on June 19, 2015, vacationing. Her engagement to James was announced on January 21, 2016. But, they called off the engagement in October 2016.
- Bryan Tanaka (2016-Present) – In November 2016, she started dating choreographer Bryan Tanaka.
Race / Ethnicity
Mariah has African American and Venezuelan (also Afro-Venezuelan) ancestry on her father’s side, while she has white Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Curvaceous, buxom figure
- A mole mark below her lips
38-27-35 in or 96.5-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 7 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Forever, Lollipop Bling, Luscious Pink, Jenny Craig, Pepsi
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Her multi-platinum albums such as Mariah Carey (1990), Emotions (1991), Music Box (1993), Daydream (1995), and others.
On June 12, 1990 (in the USA), she released her debut studio album, Mariah Carey, by Columbia Records. The album was able to sell more than 15 million copies in the world with a status of 9x platinum in the USA.
She appeared in the 1999 romantic comedy film The Bachelor for her role as Ilana.
First TV Show
From 1990 to 2008, she appeared in a total of 4 episodes as a musical guest in the late-night TV show Saturday Night Live.
Bernardo Coppola is the personal trainer of Carey. They together do a lot of cardio, weight training, and aquatic exercises like swimming for toning the body. She is able to do her workouts four times a week.
Mariah Carey Favorite Things
Source – Yahoo, Stason.org
Mariah Carey Facts
- She had a great interest in literature, art, and music-related subjects during school time.
- She learned classical opera in her childhood (or early years) in a training with her mother. But, Carey didn’t show much interest in that area and hence didn’t developed her career in that genre.
- She received “2001 Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress” for her 2002 movie Glitter.
- She had breast implants in the past.
- Mariah prefers to wear black colored clothes.
- She received the nickname “Mirage” in school because she often cut glass.
- Mariah received her real name after the song “They Call the Wind Mariah” from Paint your Wagon.
- Patti LaBelle is her godmother.
- She had studied cosmetology in NYC.
- Mariah Carey’s fans are known as “Lambily”.
- Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey’s “One Sweet Day” made it to the #1 position on the Billboard Hot 100 list for a continuous 16 weeks, which is the longest-running number-one single in history.
- Mariah’s legs are insured for $1 billion.
- In December 2020, Mariah released the remix version of her song Oh Santa! which also features Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson. The original version of the song Oh Santa! was released a decade back in October 2010.
- In December 2020, before Christmas, her song All I Want for Christmas Is You reached the #1 spot on the UK Music Charts and also #1 on the Billboard’s Hot 100 music chart in the U.S. Overall, this was her third #1 song in the UK.
- While performing during New Year Eve 2021 on December 31, 2020, Mariah forgot the lyrics of the song “Auld Lang Syne” which she was singing for the fans. She later uploaded a video on her social media account while briefly singing the same song.
- In February 2021, it was revealed that Mariah’s sister, Allison Carey was suing her for reportedly inflicting “emotional distress” on her and was seeking $1.25 million compensation. Later, in March 2021, it was announced that her older brother, Morgan was also suing her for “defamation and the intentional infliction of emotional distress” because of her memoir, The Meaning of Mariah Carey (2020).
- In April 2021, she received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In June 2021, Mariah had left the management company Roc Nation owned by Jay-Z.