|Tyrese Gibson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¼ in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tyrese Gibson is an American singer, songwriter, author, rapper, actor, voiceover artist, producer, model, DJ, VJ, and screenwriter. He has been cast in on-screen projects like Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Fast & Furious 6, Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, The Fate of the Furious, The Christmas Chronicles 2, Black Nativity, Flight of the Phoenix, La La’s Full Court Wedding, and The Parent ‘Hood. The multi-talented artist has also released albums including Open Invitation, I Wanna Go There, Tyrese, Black Rose, and Alter Ego. He won the American Music Award for “Favorite New R&B/Soul Artist” in 2000.
Tyrese Darnell Gibson
Watts, Los Angeles, California, United States
Tyrese went to Florida A&M University.
Actor, Film Producer, Author, TV producer, Singer, Songwriter, Model, DJ, VJ, Screenwriter, Rapper, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Tyrone Gibson
- Mother – Priscilla Murray Gibson (nee Durham) (Died in 2022)
- Siblings – Tyrese has three older siblings.
- Others – Willie James Ellis, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Beverly Elaine Coleman (Paternal Grandmother)
Gibson has been signed to –
- Red Entertainment Agency
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
R&B, Hip-hop, Pop, Soul
RCA Records, J Records, Voltron, EMI, Caroline Records
5 ft 11¼ in or 181 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tyrese Gibson has dated –
- Mariah Carey – He was romantically involved with singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress Mariah Carey in the past.
- Maia Campbell – He previously went out with Maia Campbell, an American film, television actress, singer, and model.
- Jill Marie Jones (1990-1994) – In the period from 1990 until 1994, Tyrese was in a relationship with the American actress, Jill Marie Jones. The couple commenced dating in January 1990 and spent 4 years together before ending their relationship in August 1994.
- Taraji P. Henson (1995-2003) – Gibson started dating the American actress, Taraji P. Henson in January 1995. They were in a relationship for 8 years until October 2013 when they officially parted ways.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (1995) – Gibson had a fling with American actress Keshia Knight Pulliam during nearly the 4th quarter of 1995.
- Meagan Good (1998-2006) – In 1998, Tyrese started dating the American actress Meagan Good. The couple broke up in April 2006 after dating ON and OFF for a couple of years.
- Brandy Norwood (2008) – It was RUMORed that Tyrese spent some time in 2008 in a relationship with the American singer, Brandy Norwood.
- Norma Mitchell (2002-2009) – Gibson started dating Norma Mitchell in 2002 when they met in London when she was an unemployed college student staying with her mom. After 5 years of dating, the actors got engaged on July 15, 2007, and only after 5 days, they got married on July 20, 2007. Tyrese and Norma separated in January 2009 and officially divorced after 6 months in July 2009. During this relationship, they had a daughter together, Shayla Somer (born – July 11, 2007).
- Rosci (2003-2006) – Tyrese was in a relationship with the American TV show host Rosci for three years from 2003 to 2006.
- Melyssa Ford (2007) – Gibson briefly dated the American model Melyssa Ford in 2007.
- Cameron Diaz (2007) – In 2007, Tyrese had an encounter with the popular American actress Cameron Diaz.
- Simply Jess (2007) – Tyrese dated the model Simply Jess in 2007.
- Leona Lewis (2008) – RUMOR
- Sanaa Lathan (2008-2014) – It is speculated that he was in a relationship with actress Sanaa Lathan between 2008 and 2014.
- Claudia Jordan (2009) – Gibson had an encounter with Claudia Jordan in 2009.
- Daphne Joy (2011) – Tyrese was linked with the Filipina model, Daphne Joy in 2011. Their relationship was categorized as an encounter.
- Maya (2011) – In 2011, Tyrese had a fling with Maya.
- Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas (2012-2013) – Gibson started dating the American singer, Rozonda ‘Chilli’ Thomas in 2012. However, their relationship didn’t last long and they split in 2013.
- Lyndriette Kristal Smith (2013) – In 2013, Gibson was in a relationship with musician Lyndriette Kristal Smith.
- Samantha Lee (2017-2020) – Tyrese married Samantha Lee on Valentine’s Day, i.e., on February 14, 2017. On October 1, 2018, their daughter Soraya was born. They ended their relationship in December 2020 after spending 4 years together. The split was amicable. In September 2022, it was revealed that Tyrese had been ordered to pay $10,000 monthly in child support.
- Zelie Timothy – Tyrese later started dating influencer Zelie Timothy. The couple broke up in July 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Tyrese Gibson is of African-American descent.
- Bald hair
- Great sense of humor
- Multi-talented personality
11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44 (EU)
Gibson has appeared in advertisements for Coca-Cola (1994), Guess (clothing), Tommy Hilfiger, and others.
Best Known For
For his roles as Joseph Jody Summers in the movie Baby Boy (2001) and as Roman Pearce in the movies 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003), Fast Five (2011), Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Furious 7 (2015).
He is also known for appearing in the movie series Transformers (2007, 2009, 2011) as Robert Epps.
Gibson’s first album was released in 1998 by the name Tyrese. The album was recorded from 1995 to 1998 via the RCA record label. The album contains 13 tracks.
Tyrese first appeared in the MTV film Love Song (2000) playing the character of Skip/Mad Rage.
First TV Show
ABC’s sitcom Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper was the name of the TV series in which Tyrese had his television debut in which he played Darrell.
Tyrese Gibson Facts
- When Tyrese was little, his father, Tyrone left the family, and hence, Tyrese’s mother looked upon him and his three siblings.
- His appearance in Coca-Cola’s advert was a door opener for his further career.
- He started singing when he was 14.
- He is a Grammy-nominated R&B singer.
- His debut single was named Nobody Else.
- In late 1998, Gibson hosted the video show MTV Jams on MTV and became the VJ for the channel.
- Tyrese’s second studio album was released by the name 2000 Watts on May 22, 2001. The album was certified as “Gold” by successfully selling more than 500,000 copies.
- Gibson released his first book How to Get Out of Your Own Way on May 8, 2012. The book became the New York Times bestseller.
- Tyrese is known for his great sculpted and ripped body.
- Tyrese was best friends with Paul Walker, the movie star who lost his life in a car accident in 2013. After the tragedy, Gibson was very emotional and went into depression.
- In 2017, Tyrese bought a home in Atlanta, Georgia for $4 million.
- Alongside Naomie Harris, Frank Grillo, Mike Colter, and Reid Scott, he co-starred as Milo “Mouse” Jackson in the action thriller film, Black and Blue, in 2019.
- He co-starred as Bob Booker, Claire’s new boyfriend, in the 2020 Christmas comedy film titled The Christmas Chronicles 2.
- In May 2021, he had listed his Woodland Hills-based 5,225 square feet mansion for almost $3.5 million.
- In 2021, he revealed that he had lost multiple roles in Hollywood because of many light-skinned black people. Many of his film roles had gone to his good friend Terrence Howard.
- In February 2022, Tyrese Gibson’s mother, Priscilla Murray passed away after being hospitalized with COVID-19 and pneumonia.