|Jennifer Hudson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jennifer Hudson is an American singer, actress, voiceover artist, producer, and philanthropist whose artistic pursuits have won her many accolades including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and 2 Grammy Awards. Over the years, she has appeared in projects like Dreamgirls, The Three Stooges, Winnie Mandela, Cats, Smash, Black Nativity, The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete, Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, and Empire. As a singer, she has released albums including I Remember Me, Jennifer Hudson, and JHUD. In 2020, Time magazine named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Jennifer Kate Hudson
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Burr Ridge, Chicago, Illinois, United States
She graduated from Dunbar Vocational High School in Chicago, Illinois in 1999.
Hudson, then, enrolled herself into Langston University in Langston, Oklahoma. But, due to homesickness and unsuitable weather conditions, she left the college and took admission into Kennedy–King College in Chicago.
Actress, Singer, Spokesperson, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Philanthropist
- Father – Samuel Simpson (Bus Driver) (Died 1999)
- Mother – Darnell Donnerson (Died – October 24, 2008)
- Siblings – Jason Hudson (Older Brother) (Mechanic), Julia Hudson (Older Sister) (School Bus Driver), Dinah Simpson (Half-Sister)
- Others – Eugene Hudson (Maternal Grandfather), Julia Kate Buckner (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been represented by Ziffren, Brittenham, Law Firm, Los Angeles, California, United States.
RCA Records, Arista, J Records, Epic Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Hudson has dated –
- James Peyton (1999-2007) – Jennifer met James Peyton as a teenager. The duo started dating in 1999 and continued their relationship for eight years until 2007.
- Kerry Rhodes (2007) – For a very short time in 2007 (primarily in the 4th quarter of 2007), Jennifer and American football safety, Kerry Rhodes dated each other.
- David Otunga (2007-2017) – Hudson commenced dating American wrestler, actor and lawyer, David Otunga in December 2007. Next year, on September 12, 2008, the couple engaged with each other. On August 10, 2009, Jennifer gave birth to the couple’s first child, a son named, David Daniel Otunga, Jr. The couple broke up in November 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Jennifer Hudson is of African-American descent.
- The sweet big smile
35-28-36 in or 89-71-91.5 cm
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
She has been the brand ambassador of Weight Watchers (2010).
Hudson has appeared in a television commercial about Weight Watchers’ “Point Plus” (in 2012), Weight Watchers’ “Because it works!” (in 2011), and Weight Watchers 360 (in 2013) along with Jessica Simpson.
Jennifer appeared in print ads of whymilk.com’s “Milk Mustache”.
Best Known For
Her work in the 2006 movie Dreamgirls, 2008 movie The Secret Life of Bees, 2011 movie Winnie Mandela.
Hudson released her debut album titled Jennifer Hudson on September 27, 2008, via Arista Records. It charted at no. 2 in the U.S., no. 21 in the UK, no. 46 in Ireland. It was certified as “Gold” in the US and UK and sold 839,000 copies in U.S. and 172,720 in the UK.
She debuted with the 2006 musical drama film Dreamgirls for her role as Effie White. The film won a whopping 29 awards and 6 nominations.
As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Young Nana Noodleman, a sheep and Eddie’s grandmother who was a famous singer in her glory days, in the 2016 computer-animated musical comedy film, Sing.
First TV Show
In 2004, Jennifer took part in the reality-singing competition series American Idol. She was placed 7th in this 3rd season of the show.
She became Weight Watchers spokesperson in 2010 and changed her lifestyle and lost weight by portion control and exercising regularly.
Jennifer has also worked with Harley Pasternak in the past, who is famous for his 5 Factor diet. Hudson likes to keep her workouts intense. She sometimes plays basketball, which helps her to keep her metabolism up and at the same time, it does not feel like she is working out.
Jennifer Hudson Favorite Things
- Pop Artist – Céline Dion
- Music Style – R&B, pop
- Movie – Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (1993)
- Outfits – Urban Outfitters, Forever 21
Source – IMDb, LuckyMag
Jennifer Hudson Facts
- Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, and Whitney Houston are her biggest musical influences.
- In 2008, she had a female dog, named, Grammy Payton. She also owns a male dog, named, Oscar Hudson.
- Hudson is the first contestant from American Idol (2002-) to have won a nomination and an Academy Award.
- In 2011, she served as a guest judge in The X Factor UK in series 8.
- She neither drinks nor smokes.
- Jennifer Hudson celebrated her son David’s first birthday in WWE theme.
- In December 2017, Jennifer revealed at The Ellen DeGeneres Show that she loves the holiday season so much that she starts decorating for Christmas right after Halloween.
- Alongside James Corden, Judi Dench, Jason Derulo, Idris Elba, Ian McKellen, Taylor Swift, Rebel Wilson, and Francesca Hayward, she co-starred as Grizabella the Glamour Cat in the 2019 musical fantasy film, Cats.
- In December 2020, she teamed with Ariana Grande and Mariah Carey to release Mariah’s new version of the song ‘Oh Santa!’.
- Visit her official website @ jenniferhudson.com.