Jennifer Kate Hudson
Chicago, Illinois, United States
She graduated from Dunbar Vocational High School in Chicago, Illinois in 1999.
Hudson, then, enrolled herself into Langston University in Langston, Oklahoma. But, due to homesickness and unsuitable weather conditions, she left the college and took admission into Kennedy–King College in Chicago.
Actress, singer, spokesperson
- Father – Samuel Simpson (Bus Driver) (died 1999)
- Mother – Darnell Donnerson (Died – October 24, 2008)
- Siblings – Jason Hudson (Older Brother) (Mechanic), Julia Hudson (Older Sister) (School Bus Driver), Dinah Simpson (Half-Sister)
- Others – Julia (Maternal Grandmother)
RCA Records, Arista
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Hudson dated –
- James Peyton (1999-2007) – Jennifer met James Peyton as teenager. The duo started dating in 1999 and continued their relationship for eight years until 2007.
- Kerry Rhodes (2007) – For a very short time in 2007 (primarily in the 4th quarter of 2007), Jennifer and American football safety, Kerry Rhodes dated each other.
- David Otunga (2007-2017) – Hudson commenced dating American wrestler, actor and lawyer, David Otunga in December 2007. Next year, on September 12, 2008, the couple engaged each other. On August 10, 2009, Jennifer gave birth to the couple’s first child, a son named, David Daniel Otunga, Jr.
Race / Ethnicity
- The sweet big smile
35-28-36 in or 89-71-91.5 cm
She is the brand ambassador of Weight Watchers (2010).
Hudson has appeared in a television commercial about Weight Watchers’ “Point Plus” (in 2012), Weight Watchers’ “Because it works!” (in 2011), and Weight Watchers 360 (in 2013) along with Jessica Simpson.
Jennifer appeared in print ads of whymilk.com’s “Milk Mustache”.
Best Known For
Her work in 2006 movie Dreamgirls, 2008 movie The Secret Life of Bees, 2011 movie Winnie Mandela.
Hudson released her debut album titled Jennifer Hudson on September 27, 2008 via Arista Records. It charted at no. 2 in U.S., no. 21 in UK, no. 46 in Ireland. It was certified as “Gold” in US and UK and sold 839,000 copies in U.S. and 172,720 in UK.
She debuted with 2006 musical drama film Dreamgirls for her role as Effie White. The film won a whopping 29 awards and 6 nominations.
First TV Show
In 2004, Jennifer took part in reality-singing competition series American Idol. She was placed 7th in this 3rd season of the show.
She became Weight Watchers spokesperson in 2010 and changed her lifestyle and lost weight by portion control and exercising regularly.
Jennifer has also worked with Harley Pasternak in the past, who is famous for his 5 Factor diet. Hudson likes to keep her workouts intense. She sometimes plays basketball, which helps her to keep her metabolism up and at the same time, it does not feel like she is working out.
Jennifer Hudson Favorite Things
- Pop Artist – Céline Dion
- Music Style – R&B, pop
- Movie – Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (1993)
- Outfits – Urban Outfitters, Forever 21
Source – IMDb, LuckyMag
Jennifer Hudson Facts
- Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, and Whitney Houston are her biggest musical influences.
- In 2008, she had a female dog, named, Grammy Payton. She also owns a male dog, named, Oscar Hudson.
- Hudson is the first contestant from American Idol (2002-) to have won a nomination and an Academy Award.
- In 2011, she served as a guest judge in The X Factor UK in series 8.
- She does not drink and smoke.
- Jennifer Hudson celebrated her son David’s first birthday in WWE theme.
- Visit her official website @ jenniferhudson.com.
- Hear more from Jennifer on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, MySpace, and Google+.