|Rebel Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1980|
Rebel Wilson is an Australian actress, voiceover artist, comedian, writer, and producer who is known for her roles like Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect series, Jennyanydots in Cats, Doreen Bogner and Dolores Bogner in Les Norton, Jennie Cragg in Bogan Pride, Penelope Webb in Monster House, and Kimmie Boubier in Super Fun Night. In addition to that, she has also been a part of theatre productions such as Beauty and the Beast, Guys and Dolls, and The Little Mermaid.
Melanie Elizabeth Bownds
Rebel Wilson, Rebelicious, Lil’ Reb
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Wilson went to Tara Anglican School for Girls in North Parramatta. Later, she took admission at the University of New South Wales to study Law and Arts (Theatre and Performance Studies).
She studied acting at the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) in Sydney, Australia.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Comedian, Producer, Entrepreneur, Writer
- Father – He has worked as a dog handler.
- Mother – Sue (Professional Dog Handler)
- Siblings – Liberty Wilson (Sister), Ryot Wilson (Brother), Annachi Wilson Annaleise (who has used the name “Annarchi”) (Sister)
Liberty and Ryot have also appeared on the reality game show The Amazing Race Australia in 2011.
She is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Rebel has dated –
- Mickey Gooch Jr. (2014-2015) – RUMOR
- Aden Stay (2016-2017)
- Jacob Busch (2020-2021) – A member of the Anheuser-Busch brewing dynasty, Jacob Busch started dating Rebel in 2020. Their dating news became public knowledge in September 2020. In February 2021, it was reported that the couple had broken up after Rebel posted a photo with the caption, “Lots on my mind…aghhhhhh…#single-girl-heading-to-Super-Bowl!”.
- Ramona Agruma (2022-Present) – In May 2022, during an appearance on the U Up? podcast, Rebel announced that she was in a relationship. Rebel also revealed that she had met her through a friend. However, she didn’t reveal the name. In June 2022, through an Instagram post, Rebel confirmed her relationship with Ramona Agruma.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Irish, and Welsh descent.
- Fuller figure
- Usually, plays characters with a sarcastic sense of humor
Her body measurements might be 37-31-39 in or 94-79-99 cm.
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She is a former Jenny Craig spokeswoman in Australia.
She also voiced the role of kangaroo in the DISH commercial.
In 2020, she advertised for various brands on her social media including Portal from Facebook, Uber Eats, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Fat Amy in the 2012 musical romantic comedy film Pitch Perfect. For this role, she won the 2013 MTV Movie Awards for “Best Breakthrough Performance” and “Best Musical Moment” as well as the 2013 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Movie Actress: Comedy”.
In 2003, she appeared in the Australian film Fat Pizza for her role as Toula.
First TV Show
From 2003 to 2007, Wilson appeared in the SBS’s TV series Pizza for her role as Toula. She was a part of the recurring cast from season 3 to season 5.
Rebel is continually trying to shed off pounds from her body. She lost 33 pounds of body weight in 2012 as per DailyMail.
In 2020, she had lost 40 pounds of weight. Rebel told People magazine that she was perhaps consuming 3,000 calories daily before the weight loss and they were mostly carbohydrates. Hence, she used to feel hungry most of the time.
In order to lose 40 lbs, she reduced her calorie-intake and made a switch from carbs to a protein-rich diet. Her protein sources included animal protein such as fish, salmon, and chicken breast. She also had protein-shakes. Rebel had eaten just under 1,500 calories each day to lose weight. After she had hit her 165 lbs of goal weight by November 2020, she increased her calorie-intake to 2000-2500 calories to maintain the lost weight as she was also working out like a beast. In terms of workout, majorly, she relied on walking to lose weight. She was able to finally lose over 60 pounds of weight.
Rebel Wilson Favorite Things
- Food – Ice Cream couple with honeycomb and cookie dough
- School Subject – Mathematics
Source – Wikipedia, BodyandSoul.com.au
Rebel Wilson Facts
- She is a distant relative of Walt Disney.
- Being a stand-up comedian, her biggest comedic influences are Jennifer Saunders and Tina Fey.
- Rebel’s parents named her after a girl, who sang at their wedding.
- She was born in Sydney and raised in the suburbs of Castle Hill, Kenthurst, and Parramatta.
- While in high school, she used to use her middle name, so as to avoid teasing.
- She was excellent in her studies and used to get good grades.
- Rebel was formerly a “Rotary International Youth Ambassador” for Australia.
- Wilson lives with her Bridesmaids co-star Matt Lucas in an apartment.
- She has her own clothing line called “Fat Mandi”. It is especially for fat people and represents foods on clothes.
- She wants to own a theme park. She knows the system to maximize the number of rides, one hits a day.
- Her biggest weakness is sugar. She likes dessert and exercise too.
- She relaxes by taking a bubble bath and listening to rap music.
- She can become a barrister in the future, after enjoying her life as an actress because she holds a degree in law (see her “Education” above).
- As per Variety, she was one of the “Top Ten Comics to Watch in 2011”.
- She brought to life the character of Jennyanydots the Gumbie Cat in the 2019 musical fantasy film, Cats, in which she co-starred alongside James Corden, Judi Dench, Jason Derulo, Idris Elba, Jennifer Hudson, Ian McKellen, Taylor Swift, and Francesca Hayward.
- After losing over 60 pounds of weight, she was getting different treatment from people. In January 2021, she revealed in an interview that some people were offering her to carry her groceries to the car and even keeping the car door open for her.
- In March 2021, she suffered an injury during a bicycle accident.
- In March 2021, during an interview on The Jess Cagle Show, she revealed that her popular character, Brynn in the 2011 comedy film, Bridesmaids wasn’t supposed to exist in the movie and she was initially the 2nd choice for Melissa McCarthy‘s character. Her character was later added to the script.
- In April 2021, she revealed on social media that she was facing some problems related to fertility.
- Rebel once locked her high school teacher in a cupboard for 4 hours.