|James Corden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1978|
James Corden is an English actor, comedian, singer, writer, producer, and television host who has gained popularity as the host of the late-night talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden. He is also known for co-writing and starring in the critically-acclaimed BBC comedy sitcom, Gavin & Stacey. Over the years, James Corden has been cast in a variety of shows and movies which include Peter Rabbit, Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, The Lady in the Van, Yesterday, Trolls World Tour, The Prom, Kill Your Friends, Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story, The Wrong Mans, Teachers, Dalziel and Pascoe, Cruise of the Gods, Boyz Unlimited, Ocean’s 8, Into the Woods, Telstar, Gulliver’s Travels, The Three Musketeers, Whatever Happened to Harold Smith?, and Smallfoot.
James Kimberley Corden
Hillingdon, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Malibu, California, United States
James Corden went to Park Middle School. He then got enrolled at the Holmer Green Senior School in Buckinghamshire.
Actor, Writer, Producer, Comedian, Television Host, Singer
- Father – Malcolm Corden (Musician in Royal Air Force band, Salesman of Christian books and Bibles)
- Mother – Margaret Corden (Social Worker)
- Siblings – Andrea Henry (Older Sister), Ruth Corden (Younger Sister)
- Others – Cedric Kimberley Corden (Paternal Grandfather), Isabel J. Pattison (Paternal Grandmother)
James Corden has been signed with –
- United Agents Ltd.
- Dawbell, Ltd., Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Television, Film, Theatre
Political satire, news satire, observational comedy, sketch comedy
British Politics, English Culture, American Culture, Current Events, Pop Culture, Everyday Life, Social Awkwardness
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Corden has dated –
- Shelley White (1995-2003) – Shelley White was Corden’s childhood sweetheart. They had started dating when he has 17 years old and was looking to launch his comedic and acting career. They broke up in 2003 after having dated for around 8 years. Corden would later call her a great girlfriend but they were drifting apart due to his work.
- Sheridan Smith (2007-2009) – James Corden had a very up-and-down relationship with actress Sheridan Smith. He first met Sheridan in 2002 on the sets of Fat Friends. They announced that they were dating in November 2007. There were murmurs that they had grown close while working together in Gavin & Stacey. They had decided to break up by the following spring. In February 2009, they were reported to be back together as they stepped out of Claridges Hotel in London. When he later claimed that Sheridan was the love of his life, the rumors started circulating about them walking the aisle. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Lily Allen (2008) – James hooked up with pop singer Lily Allen in 2008 after having flirted with her on the episode of a BBC chat show in March. Earlier, he has publicly revealed that he had a huge crush on her. After that, they went out on a couple of dates but it fizzled out before things got serious.
- Caroline Flack (2009) – It was reported that James had hooked up with television presenter Caroline Flack in a bid to overcome heartbreak after ending his relationship with Sheridan. These rumors of them being an item started circulating around after they were spotted getting cozy at the Hawley Arms pub in London. According to onlookers, they were up all evening and were spotted canoodling in the corner late in the night.
- Julia Carey (2009-Present) – James met his wife Julia Carey at a party after his former flatmate Dominic Cooper introduced to her. When they met, Corden was looking to settle down. For their first date, Corden cooked a steak for her, which she claims is the best she ever had. By the end of the year, they had bought a house in Primrose Hill locality of London. In September 2010, they announced that Julia was expecting. He proposed to her on Christmas Day. In March 2011, she gave birth to a son, Max. In September 2012, they got married in a lavish wedding ceremony. In October 2014, they added a daughter to their family. He often credits his wife for the success he has achieved in his life.
Race / Ethnicity
James Corden is of English descent.
- High pitched laugh
- Round midsection
James Corden has headlined endorsement campaigns for Apple Music and Samsung.
He appeared in an ad for Cadbury’s where he lip-synced to an Estelle track.
James did a voiceover for We Buy Any Car Dot Com.
In 2021, he became the spokesperson for WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers).
Best Known For
- Being the host of the famous late-night talk show, The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Playing the lead role in the comedy play One Man, Two Guvnors, which has been performed at National Theatre as well as Broadway
As a Singer
In 2010, he collaborated with recording artist Dizzee Rascal to release the single, Shout, which was supposed to be an unofficial anthem for the England National Team for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
He was later featured as a guest vocalist on Kylie Minogue’s Only You single for her Kylie Christmas album.
In 1997, James made his film debut in the role of Tonka in the drama film, Twenty Four Seven.
First TV Show
In 1996, James was seen in the 1:1 episode of the CBBC sitcom, Out of Tune.
To look his best in his TV series, The Late Late Show, Corden hired a personal trainer and made changes to his lifestyle to shed around 6 stone of fat. He had sought the advice of weight-loss guru, Amelia Freer, who follows functional medicine principles and employs a holistic view to eating to affect weight loss.
As a starter, she asked him to refrain from sugar and bread completely. She also instructed him to eat only at mealtimes. He soon after realized, the effect of eating all day had on his waistline. Lately, he has also got enrolled in PlyoJam classes which are the dance fitness classes that use plyometrics and involves jumping around a lot. He goes to PyloJam classes three times a week.
To complement his sound eating habits, he also adopted a more active lifestyle. He hired a personal trainer to help him achieve his weight loss goals. James was working out three times a week. He scheduled his workouts mostly in the morning.
James Corden Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – West Ham United
- Thing About Living in LA – Weather
- Thing About the UK – People
- Most Important Person in Hollywood – Jimmy Iovine
- Thing He Can’t Live Without – Oxygen
- Worst Habit – Nail biting
- Cocktail – An eastern standard
- Meal – Shake Shack Burger
- Best Friend – Ben Winston
- TV Show – The West Wing (1999-2006)
- Movie – As Good as it Gets (1997)
- Disney Princess – Jasmine
- Place to Visit – London
- Place He Wants to Visit – Tokyo
- Comedian – Jack Whitehall
- Super Power – Ability to stop time
- Curse Word – Bollocks
- Dream Guest Line Up for his show – Prince, Winston Churchill, and Frank Sinatra
Source – Vogue’s YouTube Channel
James Corden Facts
- He has invited rapper Kanye West twice on his talk show. But the rapper bailed on him on both occasions. To make it up, he once sent him Yeezy merchandise and then three dozen white roses.
- He was subject to nationwide ire after he cut off singer Adele’s acceptance speech at the Brit Awards. He defended himself by saying that he was forced by the show producers.
- At the Queen’s New Year’s Honours List event in 2015, he was honored with OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in recognition of his contribution to the drama field.
- James has been an active supporter of the UK-based charity Comic Relief, which seeks to harness the power of entertainment to tackle poverty and raise awareness about a host of other social cause issues.
- In March 2010, he was made the presenter for the special TV episode for Sports Relief, which raises money for various relief programs associated with poverty, hunger, and literacy.
- He has been cast as Neil “Smithy” Smith, Gavin’s oldest and closest friend, in Gavin & Stacey and this role won him the 2008 BAFTA Award for “Best Comedy Performance”.
- In August 2016, he was hit with a £710,000 tax bill after he closed down his UK-based company, JK Corden Limited, which he had started just after appearing in Gavin and Stacey.
- Early in his career, he had to battle his alcohol problem and was blacking out regularly due to his constant binges. His parents helped him turn it around.
- At the 2010 Glamour Awards, he fell out with Patrick Stewart while presenting the awards. It all started with the senior actor presuming that Corden was trying to elicit cheap laughs at his expense.
- Alongside Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, Keegan-Michael Key, Andrew Rannells, Ariana DeBose, Kerry Washington, and Jo Ellen Pellman, he co-starred as Barry Glickman, a narcissistic Broadway actor, in the 2020 American musical comedy film, The Prom. This performance got him nominated for a Golden Globe Award in the “Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy” category in 2021.
- After becoming the brand ambassador for Weight Watchers in January 2021, he lost 16 lbs in 5 weeks. He revealed this during the virtual “WW Your Life in Focus” event while chatting with Oprah Winfrey in February 2021.
- In June 2021, James revealed that he has had taken the services of nearly 75 personal trainers until that time.