|Jack Whitehall Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1988|
Jack Whitehall is a well distinguished British comedian, actor, TV host, writer, and social media star who is best known for starring as Alfie Wickers in Bad Education (2012-2014) and J.P. in Fresh Meat (2011-2016). He has also made several silver screen appearances such as The Bad Education Movie (2015) and Mother’s Day (2016). Apart from his on-screen appearances, Jack is also a stand-up comedian and has been nominated several times such as for Best Newcomer at the 2008 Chortle Awards. He has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 6 million followers on Twitter.
Jack Peter Benedict Whitehall
Portland Hospital, City of Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Jack studied at the Tower House School in East Sheen, west London.
Later, he went on to study at Dragon School in Oxford and then moved on to Marlborough College, in Wiltshire.
Almost a year after completing his schooling, Jack joined the University of Manchester where he studied History of Art for 2 terms.
Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor, TV Host, Writer, Social Media Star
- Father – Michael John Whitehall (Producer, Talent Agent, Author)
- Mother – Hilary Amanda Jane Isbister (Actress)
- Siblings – Molly Louisa (Younger Sister), Barnaby William (Younger Brother)
- Others – Frederick E. Whitehall (Paternal Grandfather), Mary E. Eagles (Paternal Grandmother), William L. T. Isbister (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy Dix (Maternal Grandmother), Nigel Havers (Godfather) (Actor), Richard Griffiths (Godfather) (Actor)
Jack is represented by United Agents Ltd.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack has dated –
- Gemma Chan (2011-2017) – Actress Gemma Chan and Jack Whitehall started dating in 2011 after they met on the set of Fresh Meat. The couple spent their first date at a restaurant called Nando’s. However, in late 2017, the couple decided to part ways due to their busy schedules and not having much time to spend with each other.
- Kirsty Gallacher (2018) – Jack was reportedly dating television presenter Kirsty Gallacher in 2018.
- Kate Beckinsale (2018-Present) – Actress Kate Beckinsale and Jack have been seen together on more than one occasion in 2018. However, the two had not confirmed the rumors about the relationship with each other.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English with a hint of Scottish ancestry.
Light Brown (Natural)
- Bright blue eyes
- Tall height
Jack has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
Best Known For
- Starring in several TV shows such as Bad Education (2012-2014), Fresh Meat (2011-2016), and Bounty Hunters (2017)
- Being cast in several films such as The Bad Education Movie (2015), Mother’s Day (2016), and The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018)
- Being nominated twice for “Best Newcomer” during the 2008 Chortle Awards and winning several awards such as King of Comedy, Edinburgh Comedy Awards (2009), and British Comedy Awards (2012)
- The comedy vlog, lifestyle, and interview-related content that he uploads to his eponymous YouTube channel
Jack made his theatrical film debut as Alfie Wickers in the comedy movie The Bad Education Movie in 2015.
He made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in Frozen in 2013. However, his role was uncredited.
He made his credited theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the UK version of Asterix and Obelix: Mansion of the Gods by lending his voice to the character of Asterix in 2014.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Guy McFadyean Jr. on the comedy-drama show The Good Guys in 1993.
As a voice actor, Jack made his TV show debut as Francois Lemaire in Thunderbirds Are Go in 2015.
Jack engages himself in several sports such as soccer whenever he gets the chance. He also goes to the gym where he works out alongside actor Dwayne Johnson.
Jack Whitehall Favorite Things
- Film – Withnail & I (1987)
- Thing From The Film Withnail & I – A photograph that he has had for decades.
- Carpool – With Paul McCartney in a video titled Paul McCartney Carpool Karaoke (2018)
Source – RedOnline.co.uk, Twitter
Jack Whitehall Facts
- Comedian Jack Dee is his inspiration.
- During his teenage years, Jack was given £130 to do a painting of Gyles Brandreth’s cat.
- Jack has co-written 2 books titled Him & Me (2013) and Bad Education (2013).
- Jack was 11 years old when he was sent off to boarding school. Since he didn’t want to go, he locked himself up in the bathroom and cried as if it were the end of the world.
- In 2001, Jack auditioned for the lead role of Harry when a casting director from Harry Potter came to his school to select someone. However, Jack was unprepared at that time.
- In 2007, he secured the 2nd place at the Laughing Horse new act competition.
- Jack’s father has been a talent agent for several actors such as Judi Dench, Colin Firth, and Richard Griffiths.
- His comic career started off at The Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2007.
- After completing his schooling, Jack took a years gap in order to focus on his career as a comedian.
- He served as a panelist for Sky One’s A League of Their Own from 2012 to 2017.
- Apart from acting on the comedy show Bad Education, he wrote 17 episodes and even assisted as an associate producer in 4 episodes.
- Actor Robert Pattinson and Jack studied in the same class in Tower House School in East Sheen.
- In June 2010, a picture of him sectioning out rows of cocaine on the back of his Blackberry was featured in the British editorial News of the World. However, Jack did not come forth to confirm the allegations and neither did he deny it. Instead, he apologized for his behavior.
- In 2011, he gave a solo performance at the Hammersmith Apollo twice. Both the shows were a complete sell-out.
- In 2011, he and comedians Dara Ó Briain and Jon Richardson set a Guinness World Record for setting up the “highest stand-up comedy gig in the world”. The event was held on a mid-air British Airways flight.
- Jack’s debut US chat show appearance was on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in 2011.
- In 2012, he cracked a joke about Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh, while on the show The Big Fat Quiz of the Year which soon became a controversial issue.
- Jack has lent his voice to several animated films such as Asterix in Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods (2016) and Gothi The Troll in Frozen (2013).
- In 2017, while he was filming shot for A League of Their Own, Jack crashed his car and suffered from a neck injury.
- In 2018, he was the host for the Brit Awards.
- Visit his official website @ jackwhitehall.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Walterlan Papetti / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0