|Saqib Saleem Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Saqib Saleem is an Indian actor and model who is best known for portraying roles such as Vishal Bhatt in Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge, Sameer Khullar in Mere Dad Ki Maruti, Aniket Bhargava in Hawaa Hawaai, Avinash in Bombay Talkies, Mohinder Amarnath in 83, and Suraj Singh in Race 3. He has also appeared in several other web shows and films like Dishoom, Dobaara: See Your Evil, Dil Juunglee, Time to Dance, Comedy Couple, Crackdown, and Rangbaaz. For his acting skills, Saqib has been nominated for several awards such as the Filmfare Award.
Saqib Saleem Qureshi
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
After completion of his school education, he got admission at the Hindu College on sports quota. However, he eventually left the college to move to Mumbai.
Actor and Model
- Father – Saleem Qureshi (Owner of the chain of restaurants, Saleem’s in Delhi)
- Mother – Ameena Qureshi (Housewife)
- Siblings – Huma Qureshi (Older Sister) (Model and Actress), Naeem Qureshi (Brother), Haseen Qureshi (Brother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Saqib Saleem has dated –
- Taapsee Pannu – Saqib Saleem was first linked with actress Taapsee Pannu in August 2016. They had first met while shooting for a music video, Tum Ho Toh Lagta Hai. It was reported that they had gone out for a romantic dinner on her birthday’s eve. He claimed that they weren’t dating and had gone out for a dinner because they were just good friends. The relationship rumors again surfaced in the summer of 2017, after they were again pictured together at many of the events.
- Swati Trivedi (2017) – In July 2017, it was rumored that Saqib was going out with the scriptwriter, Swati Trivedi, who has worked in a freelance position with production biggies such as Yash Raj Films and Dharma Productions. They had first met on the sets of the movie, Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge. They remained good friends for a long time before taking the next step.
- He came to Mumbai in a bid to salvage his relationship as a girl he was dating had told him that their long-distance relationship wasn’t working and if he wanted to make it work, he should move to Mumbai. After coming to Mumbai, he moved in with her but their relationship didn’t last and they broke up in 2 months. In his interview with Times of India, which was published in April 2014, he revealed that he has been in a relationship with a girl, who lived in Mumbai and hailed from Dehradun, for about 3 years.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Indian ethnicity.
Saqib Saleem has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
Best Known For
- Having appeared in one of the leading roles in the romantic comedy movie, Mere Dad Ki Maruti.
- Being cast in the leading role in the drama movie, Hawaa Hawaai, which was highly acclaimed by the critics.
In 2011, he made his theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge. He even won a Filmfare nomination for his work in the movie.
First TV Show
In 2014, Saqib Saleem made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
To prepare for his role in the thriller movie Race 3, Saqib stepped up his efforts in the gym. As a part of his new grueling workout regime, he was hitting the gym daily and spending 2 hours per workout session.
The workout usually started with stretching and warmup and was followed by intense cardio. The next phase was lifting and strength training exercises. At the end of the workout, he used to throw in some core training work.
He has also added yoga to his workout regime to make sure that he retains his flexibility. He usually performs aerial yoga at least twice a week. Saqib also did Ryan Reynolds‘ Deadpool Workout in a bid to get superhero worthy physique.
Apart from gym workouts, he also participates in kicking and punching workshops.
Saqib has overhauled his diet to maximize his benefits. He has sacrificed his love for Mughlai food and red meat and has focused on clean and protein-rich diet. His daily diet plan is as follows –
- Breakfast – Some scrambled eggs, a fruit, and some oatmeal
- Mid-Morning – Protein shake for his mid-morning energy boost.
- Lunch – A little portion of brown rice with chicken, cilantro, and bell peppers. And, sometimes, he throws in a lot of veggies.
- Snacks – Whenever he goes hungry in between meals, he eats walnuts and other nuts, boiled egg whites (without the yolk).
- Dinner – Some veggies and fish.
Apart from red meat, he has also given up sugar and milk. However, he allows himself to eat mutton on the Sundays. But, he makes sure that he is having only a few pieces.
Saqib Saleem Favorite Things
- Food – Mughlai Food (Especially red meat)
- Cricket Player – Sachin Tendulkar
- Co-Star – Taapse Pannu
Saqib Saleem Facts
- He had got into modeling to deal with his dire financial condition. When he had come to Mumbai, he had only Rs. 25,000 in his account and he got paid Rs. 50,000 for one of his first commercials.
- One day after having given audition for Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge, he passed YRF office in a car with his father sitting beside him and he instinctively told him that he would make his debut with them. And, as the fortune would have it, he got a phone call 5 minutes later, informing that he had been selected.
- Before he became an actor and model, his dream was to become a professional cricketer and he even played for Jammu & Kashmir and Delhi teams.
- In November 2017, he was involved in an accident while shooting for the action movie, Race 3. He reportedly needed two stitches on his arm.
- Saqib is a member of the Mumbai Heroes team, which plays in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL). CCL is a non-professional cricket league that has teams hailing from various regional cinemas.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Bollywood Hungama / CC BY-3.0