|Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1972|
Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is a wrestler turned actor. In college, he used to play football and was a national champion. Following the stride of his grandfather and father, he then entered wrestling. He signed with WWE (at that time, it was known as WWF) and wrestled under the ring name ‘The Rock’. As a result of his family profession, he became the first third-generation wrestler in the WWE history. After that, he entered show business (acting) and his first film in a lead role was The Scorpion King (2002) for which he received US$5.5 million (a world record by an actor to receive such a huge amount for his first lead role in a film).
Dwayne Douglas Johnson
Nick Name / Ring Name
The Rock, Flex Kavana, Rocky Maivia, The People’s Champion, The Brahma Bull, The Great One, The Corporate Champion
Hayward, California, USA
Dwayne attended Richmond Road Primary School in Auckland, New Zealand. After that, he returned to U.S. with his parents and finished 10th grade from President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Johnson also went to the University of Miami to earn a degree in criminology.
Retired professional wrestler, actor
- Father – Rocky Johnson (Professional wrestler)
- Mother – Ata Johnson (née Maivia)
- Siblings – Curtis Bowles (Brother), Wanda Bowles (Sister)
- Others – Peter Maivia (Maternal Grandfather) (Wrestler), Lia Maivia (Maternal Grandmother) (Wrestling’s female professional promoter)
Dwayne’s managers include –
- Vince McMahon
- Shane McMahon
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
119 kg or 262 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dwayne dated –
- Dany Garcia (1996-2007) – The wrestler met American businesswoman, Dany nearing May 1996 in University of Miami and soon started dating her. He married her on May 3, 1997 (a day after Johnson’s birthday). The couple has a daughter together named, Simone Alexandra (b. August 14, 2001). They separated in a friendly manner on June 1, 2007. Their divorce was finalized in May 2008. He had revealed that he would like to spend the rest of his life with his ex-wife, Dany as friends.
- Lauren Hashian (2007-Present) – The Rock then started dating singer Lauren Hashian in 2007. They had first met during the filming of The Game Plan in 2006. He then spent holidays in Hawaii with the singer Lauren Hashian. The couple welcomed their first daughter named, Jasmine on December 16, 2015. The couple had another child, a daughter named, Tiana Gia Johnson on April 17, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Johnson’s mother is of Samoan heritage while his father has Canadian ancestry.
- His signature moves (listed below)
- Eyebrow trademark
The Rock may have the following measurements –
- Chest – 50 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
- Arms / Biceps – 19 inches
- Legs / Thighs – 31 inches
Dwayne wears a shoe of size 14 (US).
The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation
Best Known For
Working for WWE as a wrestler. He is known as one of the professional wrestlers of all time.
He co-starred in the 1999 102 minutes long documentary film, Beyond the Mat as himself. The movie features the lives of professional wrestlers outside the ring.
First TV Show
Johnson guest appeared in American television period sitcom, That ’70s Show for his role as Rocky Johnson in the episode no. 15 of season 1 titled “That Wrestling Show”.
His trainers include his father Rocky Johnson, Pat Patterson, and Tom Prichard. Read about his workout routine and diet plan.
- Finishing Moves
- People’s Elbow / Corporate Elbow
- Rock Bottom
- Running shoulder breaker
- Sharpshooter (adopted from Bret Hart)
- Signature moves
- Float-over DDT
- Flowing snap DDT, sometimes followed by a kip-up
- Running swinging neck breaker
- Running thrust lariat
- Samoan drop
- Jumping clothesline
- Snap overhead belly-to-belly suplex, sometimes to an oncoming opponent
- Spinebuster, usually followed by a People’s Elbow
Dwayne Johnson Favorite Things
- Food – Donuts, pizza
Source – ChaCha
Dwayne Johnson Facts
- He did his wrestling debut in 1996.
- He had lived briefly in New Zealand with his mom and her mom’s family. But, finally moved to United States.
- He had opened a charity for at-risk ill children called “The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation” in 2006.
- Dwayne also donated $1 million to the University of Miami so that they can improve their football facilities.
- He was on the college football team.
- “The Game Plan” (2007) was the last movie to use his ring name “The Rock”.
- While filming the 2004 movie “Walking Tall”, Dwayne actually (but accidentally) smashed the rear lights of a Porsche car.
- The Rock won his first WWF belt in 1997 and he was the youngest wrestler to do so at the time at just 24.
- Dwayne’s cousin Tanoai Reed has served as a stunt double for Johnson in many of his movies.
- Follow him on Twitter and catch The Rock’s updates on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.