|Cristiano Ronaldo Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1985|
Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer known for playing as a forward for Serie A club Juventus and for having served as the captain of the Portugal national team. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time with 5 Ballon d’Or awards and 4 European Golden Shoes, both of which are records for a European player. A few of his various achievements include becoming the second male to score 100 international goals and the first European man to achieve the feat as well as winning at least 31 major trophies in his career, including seven league titles, five UEFA Champions Leagues, one UEFA European Championship, and one UEFA Nations League title. He also became the first footballer to earn $1 billion in his career and was ranked the world’s highest-paid athlete by Forbes in 2016 and 2017 and the world’s most famous athlete by ESPN from 2016 to 2019.
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
CR7, Cris, Ron, Ronnie, The Sultan Of The Stepover
He was once nicknamed ‘Noodle’ because of his skinny physique.
Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
He was born in Santo António, which is in the neighborhood of the Funchal, Madeira.
Famous soccer player Ronaldo took less interest in his studies. He was expelled from school for throwing a chair at the teacher. He was not good among the teachers, but with the students.
After receiving a suspension from school, his mother decided that Cristiano should focus entirely on football.
- Father – José Dinis Aveiro (Municipal Gardener)
- Mother – Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro (Cook)
- Siblings – Hugo Aveiro (Older Brother), Elma Aveiro (Older Sister), Liliana Cátia Aveiro (Older Sister)
- Others – Humberto de Aveiro (Paternal Grandfather), Filomena Martins Pereira (Paternal Grandmother), José Nunes de Viveiros (Maternal Grandfather), Matilde dos Santos (Maternal Grandmother), Isabel da Piedade (Great Grandmother)
Jorge Mendes is his manager.
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriends / Spouse
Ronaldo has a long list of girlfriends. Though, most of these were encounters. The list is as follows –
- Francisco Ortega – RUMOR
- Jordana Jardel (2001-2002)
- Marina Rodrigues (2004) – RUMOR
- Daniela Martins (2005)
- Merche Romero (2005-2006)
- Karina Morbey Ferro (2006)
- Mia Judaken (2006)
- Diana Chaves (2006-2007) – RUMOR
- Tyese Cunningham (2007)
- Gemma Storey (2007)
- Gemma Atkinson (2007) – Cristiano Ronaldo dated English glamour model and actress Gemma Atkinson from January 2007 to May 2007.
- Luciana Abreu (2007) – RUMOR
- Bipasha Basu (2007)
- Karina Bacchi (2007)
- Carolina Patrocinio (2007-2008)
- Letizia Filippi (2008)
- Alyona Haynes (2008)
- Nereida Gallardo (2008)
- Olivia Saunders (2009)
- Alice Goodwin (2009)
- Raffaella Fico (2009)
- Luana Belletti (2009)
- Paris Hilton (2009)
- Lúcia Garcia (2009) – RUMOR
- Kim Kardashian (2010) – RUMOR
- Irina Shayk (2010-2015) – Ronaldo started dating Russian model, Irina Shayk, who is known for her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit appearances from 2007 to 2013, in May 2010 after meeting during a photoshoot. They dated for quite some time and split in January 2015.
- Liliana Aguiar (2011) – RUMOR
- Melissa Satta (2012) – RUMOR
- Daniela Pimenta (2012) – RUMOR
- Rita Pereira (2012) – RUMOR
- Andressa Urach (2013) – RUMOR
- Lucia Villalon (2015) – RUMOR
- Maja Darving (2015) – RUMOR
- Alessandra Ambrosio (2015)
- Nataly Rincon (2015) – Colombian adult/glamour model Nataly Rincon and Ronaldo were RUMORed to have had a fling in 2015.
- Nikoleta Lozanova (2016) – Bulgarian model, Nikoleta Lozanova and Cristiano were also RUMORed to have had a fling in 2016.
- Daniella Grace (2016) – In May 2016, he was rumored to have hooked up with American model Daniella Grace.
- Paula Suarez (2016) – In June 2016, he had an encounter with Colombian model Paula Suarez.
- Cristina Buccino (2016) – In July 2016, his name was romantically linked with the Italian model, Cristina Buccino.
- Desiree Cordero (2016) – In August 2016, he was rumored to have hooked up with a Spanish model, Desiree Cordero.
- Cassandre Davis (2016) – In August 2016, he hooked up with the American model, Cassandre Davis.
- Georgina Rodriguez (2016-Present) – In November 2016, Ronaldo started romancing Spanish model Georgina Rodriguez. He had twins (a girl named Eva Maria Dos Santos and a boy named Mateo Ronaldo) via a surrogate mother on June 8, 2017. These were Ronaldo’s second and third children. He had his 4th child, a daughter named, Alana Martina dos Santos Aveiro on November 12, 2017. In October 2021, Ronaldo announced that the couple was again expecting twins – a boy and a girl. In April 2022, they welcomed twins. Sadly, the baby boy passed away during childbirth and their daughter survived. The name of their daughter is Bella Esmeralda.
- Alyson Eckmann – In July 2022, TV and radio presenter Alyson Eckmann opened up about how Cristiano invited her to his place. However, besides from that not much is known following his invitation to his home.
Note – Cristiano also has a son named, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., who was reportedly born via a surrogate on June 17, 2010. This was Ronaldo’s first child.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Portuguese and Cape Verdean ancestry.
- Fast, quick, strong, and mesmeric dribbler
- Much known for his fancy flicks and stepovers
He wears a shoe of size 7.5 (US) but his actual shoe size is 9 (US).
To improve his football performance, he wears a smaller size football boot. He believes that a smaller size boot will prevent his foot movement within the boot when he is running.
Ronaldo has endorsed various brands like Nike (2005), Extra Joss (2005), Suzuki (2005), Coca Cola (2006), Fifa Street (2006), Fuji Xerox (2006), Castrol, Watch brand Jacob & Co (2013), Emporio Armani, KFC Arabia (2013), Therabody’s Theragun (2021), Herbalife Nutrition (2021), CR7 Eyewear, CR7 Game On Perfumes, Clear Haircare, Insparya Hair Transplant, etc.
Best Known For
Playing football from the Real Madrid club and being one of the richest football players.
Footwork, and pace with the help of which he is able to take on any player. His way of taking free-kicks with power and pace.
He sometimes tries tricks when a simple pass would do.
He has guest-appeared in the 2013 football movie, Golden Shoes.
He trains himself for about 3 to 5 hours for 5 days a week. He is also not an alcohol lover and tries to stay away from that. Read his full workout routine and diet plan.
Cristiano Ronaldo Facts
- Cristiano’s second name Ronaldo was selected due to then-US president Ronald Reagan, who was his father’s favorite actor.
- His great-grandmother is from Cape Verde.
- In 2003, he became the most expensive teenager.
- Luis Figo is his idol.
- In 2012, his salary was 12 million Euros.
- In 2012, Cristiano had the 5th highest social rank in the world after Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry.
- His father was a drunkard and died of a bad liver condition in 2005 when Cristiano was 20.
- In 2015, Cristiano bought a 3-bedroom apartment in Trump Tower for $18.5 million. However, in June 2021, it was revealed that he had listed it for $7.75 million, which was almost $10.75 million less than the cost price.
- In October 2018, Cristiano became the most followed personality on Instagram by leaving Selena Gomez behind.
- He does not have any tattoos as he regularly donates blood and bone marrow.
- Cristiano was the 2nd highest-paid soccer player of 2020 as per Forbes with $117 million in earnings. Lionel Messi was the highest with $126 million in earnings.
- He was awarded a golden visa by the United Arab Emirates in 2020, under the Dubai Sports Council initiative to connect global players and to encourage them to live and invest in the UAE.
- With $105 million in earnings, Cristiano was the 4th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In January 2021, Cristiano was reportedly under investigation after allegedly violating Italy’s COVID rules to take Georgina Rodriguez on a ski trip for her birthday.
- Ronaldo’s hairless Sphynx cat, Pepe was hit by a car in 2021 and got recovered in Spain under the presence of Georgina Rodriguez’s sister Ivana.
- In June 2021, during Euro 2020 press conference, Ronaldo removed 2 Coca-Cola bottles that were placed in front of him and asked for water and immediately after that, Coca-Cola lost $4 billion in market cap. The stock price dropped from $56.10 to $55.22.
- Ronaldo had won the Golden Boot award during Euro 2020 for being the top scorer with 5 goals in a total of 360 minutes.
- Ronaldo was the first player in Manchester United to have his own personal chef specifically for cooking high-protein meals.
- In late 2021, Ronaldo shifted to a multi-million 7 BHK house in the UK which had a high-tech fitness complex, a pool, and a jacuzzi.
- In a September 2021 match of Manchester United against Villarreal, Cristiano scored a goal in the 95th minute against Villarreal in a Champions League Group match. He made his side win by 2-1. Due to excitement, he took off his shirt and threw it into the crowd which attracted him a penalty in the form of a yellow card.
- In 2021, as per Hopper HQ’s 2021 Instagram Richlist (and even Forbes India), Ronaldo was charging $1,604,000 per sponsored post on Instagram as he had over 350 million followers. He was #1 on that list.
- In 2021, Ronaldo was ranked #6 in the list of “50 Most Influential People on Twitter” as per Brandwatch Consumer Research. Taylor Swift was ranked #1.
- In December 2021, Ronaldo’s 410 kg statue, made of brass and worth INR 1.2 million, was installed in India’s Goa’s beach village of Calangute in order to inspire the local youth.
- On the occasion of his girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez’s 28th birthday in January 2022, Ronaldo gifted her a unique gift in the form of a laser show in Dubai which featured Georgina’s face on Burj Khalifa. Ronaldo had spent £50,000 on this.
- On his 37th birthday in February 2022, Cristiano received a brand new 8-seater Cadillac Escalade SUV from his girlfriend Georgina Rodríguez as a gift. It was directly imported from the United States which was priced at nearly $100,000 at that time. 19-speaker studio sound system, heated front seats, and a Wi-Fi hotspot are the major premium features among many.
- In February 2022, Ronaldo’s son Cristiano Ronaldo Jr (aged 11 at that time) had joined Manchester United’s academy. Just like his dad, he also wears jersey number 7.
- In April 2022, Cristiano was under police investigation after he reportedly smashed a fan’s phone after losing a game.
- He was accused of rape at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009 by a woman. She was paid $375,000 (£304,000) in 2010 in an out-of-the-court settlement. The woman filed a lawsuit later in 2018 in a U.S. court. She had asked Ronaldo to pay multi-million dollars. In June 2022, the court dismissed her plea. Ronaldo also denied the allegations.
- In June 2022, Ronaldo’s employee crashed the front of his £1.8 million Bugatti Veyron car into a house in Sa Coma, Bunyola, Palma de Majorca, Spain. At that time, Ronaldo was holidaying in Spain and was not inside the car.
- In 2022, as per the Hopper HQ list, Cristiano Ronaldo was charging $2,397,000 per sponsored post on Instagram. He was the highest-paid celebrity on Instagram.
- Cristiano was the 3rd highest-paid footballer of 2022 as per the list released by Forbes in October 2022. He was estimated to make $100 million in the 2022-2023 season.
- In November 2022, Ronaldo revealed that Manchester United was looking to sue and ban him from the club for alleged breach of contract. Later in the month, he announced that he was leaving Manchester United with immediate effect by mutual agreement.
- In November 2022, he achieved the feat of becoming the first person in the world to achieve 500 million (half a billion) followers on Instagram.
- In November 2022, he launched his first NFT collection with Binance. He had signed an exclusive multi-year partnership deal with Binance which is the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider.
- In November 2022, Cristiano Ronaldo was banned from 2 club matches and fined £50,000 by the Football Association (FA) for destroying a young fan’s phone after Manchester United lost against Everton in April 2022 at Goodison Park. That fan also got injured.
- In November 2022, Ronaldo created history by becoming the first man to score at 5 FIFA World Cups when he scored a goal in a penalty shot in the 65th minute in the opening match of Portugal against Ghana. Previously, he had scored in the 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018 editions of the FIFA World Cup.
- In November 2022, Ronaldo agreed to join the Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr for €500 million for two and a half years (until June 2025). He would reportedly receive €200 million a year. In December 2022, it was revealed that he had signed a deal with Al-Nassr.
- On the occasion of Christmas, on December 25, 2022, Ronaldo received a Rolls Royce Dawn convertible car as a gift from his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez.
- In January 2023, it was revealed that Ronaldo would actually break Saudi Arabian law by living together with her girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez in the same house because, by law, an unmarried couple is not allowed to live together in the same house in Saudi Arabia. However, he won’t be punished by the authority.
- After shifting to Saudi Arabia in January 2023, Ronaldo was staying (with his entourage) in a hotel suite with 17 rooms in Kingdom Tower, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia which was costing him £250,000 a month. He resided there until he found a permanent place to live.
- After shiting to Saudi Arabia, Ronaldo scored his first goal for Al-Nassr on February 3, 2023, after playing in 3 games. It was a last-minute penalty in the Saudi Pro League match. His side Al-Nassr went without winning the title in the Saudi Pro League’s 1st season. Overall, his team finished second. Al-Ittihad won the title.
- In March 2023, he became the most-capped men’s international football player after playing in his 197th match in the Euro 2024 qualifying match against Liechtenstein.
- In June 2023, Ronaldo became the first male footballer to play 200 international matches after he played in Portugal’s UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying round match against Iceland. He received a Guinness World Record award for the same.
- In June 2023, he signed a legal contract with his then-girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez to save his wealth after their breakup (in case it happened).
- In August 2023, he became the first person in the world to reach 600 million followers on Instagram.
- In August 2023, Ronaldo won his 1st trophy with Al Nassr in the Arab Club Champions Cup 2023. He scored 2 goals against Al Hilal in the final.
- In August 2023, he scored the 63rd hat-trick of his career in a match of Al Nassr against Al-Fateh in the Saudi Pro League 2023-2024.
- In September 2023, Ronaldo wasn’t included in the Ballon d’Or shortlist for the first time in 20 years.
- In September 2023, he revealed that he had never talked or had dinner with Lionel Messi. They were only professional colleagues.
- In September 2023, he was taking legal action against Juventus because of unpaid wages. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ronaldo had agreed to delay his payment of €19.9 million net from the club.
- In October 2023, it was reported that Cristiano was facing 99 lashes for an adultery charge in Iran after he hugged a paralyzed woman named Fatima Hamimi. In Iran, touching another woman while being in a committed relationship is considered adultery.