|Lionel Messi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1987|
Lionel Messi is an Argentine professional footballer who is often regarded as one of the greatest players of all time and has won a record 7 Ballon d’Or awards and a record six European Golden Shoes. A Barcelona legend, he has scored more than 700 senior career goals for club and country as well as has held the records for most goals in La Liga (445), a La Liga and European league season (50), most hat-tricks in La Liga (36) and the UEFA Champions League (8), and most assists in La Liga (183), a La Liga and European league season (21), and the Copa América (12).
Lionel Andrés Messi
La Pulga, Leo
Lionel has not much educational experience as he has been playing football since childhood and at such a low age, he achieved much fame.
- Father – Jorge Horácio Messi (Factory Steelworker)
- Mother – Celia María Cuccittini (Part-time Cleaner, Worked in a magnet manufacturing workshop)
- Siblings – Rodrigo (Older Brother), Matías (Older Brother), María Sol (Sister)
- Others – Eusebio Italo Messi Baró (Paternal Grandfather), Rosa María Pérez Mateu (Paternal Grandmother), Antonio Cuccittini (Maternal Grandfather), Celia Ramona Oliveira (Maternal Grandmother), Maxi Biancucchi (Cousin) (Footballer), Emanuel Biancucchi (Cousin) (Footballer)
His agent is Guillermo Marin.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 160 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Messi has dated –
- Macarena Lemos (2006-2008) – Rumor. Lemos is an Argentinean adult/glamour model who received fame after dating Messi in 2006. They first met in the city of Rosario. Their relation was stated by gente.com.ar.
- Antonela Roccuzzo (2007-Present) – She is also from Rosario. The duo started dating in 2007. Antonela was born in January 1991. They first met at Lucas Scaglia’s place (one of Messi’s closest friends) and Messi and Antonela got married at a luxury hotel named Hotel City Center in Rosario on June 30, 2017, with about 260 guests attending the wedding. The couple has been blessed with 3 children, namely, Thiago (b. November 2, 2012), Mateo (b. September 11, 2015), and Ciro (b. March 10, 2018).
- Luciana Salazar (2008) – Adult model Salazar was rumored to have had a fling with Lionel in 2008.
- Anna Weber (2011) – Polish model was rumored to be dating Messi in 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian)
He has Italian, Catalan, and Spanish ancestry.
- Rosarino accent
- Short stature
- Wears number 10 shirt for FC Barcelona and Argentina
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
Adidas, Audemars Piguet, Cherry, Dolce & Gabbana, PepsiCo, Ooredoo, Herbalife, EA Sports.
Best Known For
Quick, balanced, and a stylish runner with the football
Messi’s ball skills, balance while running, leg-eye coordination are awesome. He is also very difficult to be tackled when he is running with the ball.
He tries to finish the move by scoring a goal himself without looking for any teammate very often.
First TV Show
In 2005, Lionel appeared in La noche del 10 in season 1 and episode number 3 as a guest. This show was hosted by Diego Maradona.
Messi has two different approaches for the workouts which deal with thrust, speed, and movement in various directions. Read more regarding his training and diet plan.
Lionel Messi Facts
- By the age of five, he started playing football for a local club, Grandoli, which was coached by his father.
- His paternal family originates from Ancona, the Italian city.
- Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency at the age of 11.
- Carles Rexach (sporting director of FC Barcelona) offered Messi a contract (after successful completion of trials) written on a napkin as he was having no paper in hand.
- Lionel Messi is the first football player in history to win four FIFA/Ballons d’Or and that too consecutively.
- At 25, he also became the youngest player to score 200 La Liga goals.
- He won UEFA Best Player in Europe Award in the 2010-2011 session.
- He has appeared in EA’s FIFA video game in 2013.
- He also runs a charity named Leo Messi Foundation which he founded in 2007. This charity is responsible for the education and health care of children.
- In 2010, he was made Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF.
- In 2011 and 2012, he has been mentioned in TIME magazine in the world’s most influential people list.
- After Argentina lost the final match to Chile on June 26, 2016, Messi announced his retirement. However, later, he changed his mind and represented his team in the 2018 World Cup held in Russia.
- Diego Maradona had declared Messi as his successor.
- Leo’s favorite music styles are listed as Samba and Cumbi.
- He was the highest-paid soccer player of 2020 as per Forbes with $126 million in earnings. Cristiano Ronaldo was #2.
- In February 2020, he became the first-ever footballer as well as the first-ever team sport athlete to win the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award.
- He received a 3-month ban from international football and was fined $50,000 by CONMEBOL for his comments against the referee’s decision in August 2020.
- With $104 million as the total earnings, Messi was the 5th highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In April 2021, he purchased a 5,515-square-feet condo on the 9th floor of a luxury apartment building in Sunny Isles Beach in Miami for $7.3 million.
- In 2021, Lionel’s national side Argentina had won the Copa America tournament by defeating Brazil in the final by 1-0. This was Argentina’s first Copa America title win in 28 years. Before this, Messi had reached the final of Copa America 3 times but couldn’t win.
- Lionel won his first international trophy in the form of a Copa America 2021 win.
- In July 2021, Lionel spent his vacations in a house in Key Biscayne, Florida for a huge rent of $200,000 a month. The house was 8,202 square feet with 5 bedrooms (with 75″ smart HDTVs in each of them) and 5.5 bathrooms. It further has a rooftop terrace, an infinity pool on a wooden deck, and a modern gym.
- In August 2021, Lionel left Barcelona after 21 years and instead joined the French club Paris Saint-Germain for 2 years with the option of an additional year. He was partly paid in cryptocurrency fan tokens ($PSG Fan Tokens).
- On November 29, 2021, he won his 7th Ballon d’Or title after helping Argentina win the 2021 Copa América title. He had scored 40 goals at the club and international level for the calendar year.
- He was tested positive for COVID-19 in January 2022.