Selena Marie Gomez
Sel, Selly, Selenita, Conchita, Mamachita, See
Grand Prairie, Texas, U.S.
Selena attended Danny Jones Middle School, Texas, USA but faced the problem of bullying (like many other popular celebs) daily in the school. So, she was mainly homeschooled. In May 2010, she received her high school diploma via homeschooling.
Actress, Pop Singer and Fashion Designer
She is signed with Creative Artists Agency.
- Step-Father – Ricardo Joel Gomez, Brian Teefey
- Mother – Amanda Dawn “Mandy” Teefey (née Cornett) (Former stage actress)
- Siblings – Gracie Elliot Teefey (Half Sister), Scarlett Teefey (Half Sister) (Deceased Sister), Tori Gomez (Half Sister)
Dance, pop, electropop, pop rock, dubstep
Hollywood Records, Interscope Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Selena Gomez dated –
- Justin Bieber (December 2010 – December 2012; 2013, 2017-2018) – Canadian singer, Justin Bieber and Selena first started dating in December 2010 (however, their dating news started hitting the tabloids in January 2011) and continued dating until December 2012. After splitting from each other in late 2012, they reconciled again in April 2013 and remained together for two months up to June 2013. They were again rumored to be dating in early 2014. In November 2017, the singers resumed dating each other. But, again after dating for 4 months, they put their relationship on hold in March 2018.
- Austin Mahone (2014) – Selena dated singer Austin Mahone, who is younger than her. Taylor Swift, Selena’s best friend has served as the matchmaker this time. As per US Weekly, the two singers are dating since January 29, 2014. According to Austin, he is just friends with Selena.
- Orlando Bloom (2014) – RUMOR
- Tommaso Chiabra (2014) – In July 2014, she had a fling with Italian businessman Tommaso Chiabra. She was in Saint-Tropez, France with her friend Cara Delevingne. More information at NYDailyNews.com.
- Zedd (2015) – Selena and German DJ Zedd were RUMORed to have dated from January 2015 to April 2015. The duo first met at a recording studio in Los Angeles. After that, they were seen together at multiple locations including Golden Globes 2015 party holding each other’s hands.
- Charlie Puth (2015) – After singer Charlie Puth mentioned about Selena Gomez’s album on Twitter, it sparked rumors of their dating together.
- Samuel Krost (2015) – She was rumored to have had a fling with Samuel Krost when they were seen holding hands of each other in New York City on November 9, 2015.
- Niall Horan (2015) – One Direction’s Niall Horan sparked dating rumors with Selena when they were seen partying together several times.
- Maluma (2017) – Selena was rumored to be dating with Colombian singer, Maluma in 2017. It all started when Selena followed Maluma on Instagram and he quickly offered her to collaborate. Later, Selena also titled one of her pictures with Maluma’s song Vente Pa’ Ca.
- The Weeknd (2017) – Gomez started her relationship with Canadian singer The Weeknd in January 2017. They dated for 10 months and called it quits in October 2017.
- Caleb Stevens (2018) – In 2018, Selena was rumored to be dating Caleb Stevens who is the brother of one of her close friends.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Caucasian)
She has Mexican ancestry on her father’s side and Italian ancestry on her mother’s side.
She is naturally brunette (dark brown hair).
But, sometimes dye her hair black.
You may want to check Selena Gomez Hairstyle profile at TrendyCeleb.
- Thick hair
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
Sears, UNICEF, Adidas, Eco, Adrenalina (perfume company), Pantene,
She has appeared in TV commercials for Borden Milk in 2009.
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Alex Russo on the Disney Channel Original Series ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ and of course for her ongoing singing career.
- Solo – Gomez released her debut studio album “Stars Dance” on July 19, 2013 via Hollywood Records. This is her first solo album and fourth overall (as she released first three albums under the band). It received mixed reviews and consists of 11 singles to make it of a total length of almost 39 minutes. It charted at number 1 on US Billboard 200.
- Under the band name Selena Gomez & the Scene – “Kiss & Tell” was released on September 29, 2009, by the teen pop band “Selena Gomez & the Scene”, formed by Selena Gomez.
First TV Show
Selena appeared in children’s TV series, Barney & Friends from 2002 to 2003 as Gianna. She had recurring roles in season 7 and season 8.
Gomez appeared in 2003 film Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over for her role as Waterpark Girl.
She does eat a balanced diet. See her workout and diet plan.
Selena Gomez Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pickles, Pizza with jalapeño and mushrooms, Mango
- Favorite TV Programs – Wizards Of Waverly Place (2007-2012), Hannah Montana (2006-2011), Shake it up (2010), Friends (1994-2004)
- Favorite Actress – Rachel McAdams
- Favorite Movies – Titanic (1997), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), Howl’s Moving Castle (2004), Spirited Away (2001)
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Number – 2
- Favorite Animal – Dog
- Favorite Band – Paramore
- Favorite Color – Green
- Favorite Ice-Cream – Rocky Road
- Favorite Horror Movies – Halloween (2007), I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
- Favorite Songs – Baby One More Time (Britney Spears), Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO), What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction in 2012)
- Favorite Restaurant – Maggiano’s Little Italy, Los Angeles, USA
- Favorite Accessories – Bracelets, Earrings, Shoes
- Favorite People – Shia LaBeouf, Lady Sovereign, Justin Bieber
- Favorite Idol – Britney Spears
- Favorite Places – Malaysia, Hawaii, Paris
- Favorite Candy – Snickers Bars, Good & Plenty Candy
- Favorite Clothing Company – Urban Outfitters and American Apparel
- Favorite Island – Tropical Island of Puerto Rico
- Favorite Perfume – Frilly Lily
- Favorite Drink – Pickle Juice (She has been told by other people that she is weird and disgusting about her favorite drink)
Selena Gomez Facts
- Selena Gomez has 5 pet dogs, namely, Chip, Willy, Fina, Wallace, and Baylor. These dogs were mostly stray dogs, adopted by Selena Gomez.
- Selena Gomez was named an ambassador to the Ryan Seacrest Foundation in April 2012.
- Selena was named after Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla-Pérez. Selene means “Goddess of the moon.”
- Selena Gomez was born when her mother was 16.
- She launched her own line of perfume called “Selena Gomez” in July 2012 and it is exclusive to Macy’s.
- Selena was chosen as the cover girl of Elle Magazine for July 2012 issue.
- Selena changed the way of signing autographs after watching the movie “Ramona and Beezus”. Earlier, she used to write “S” followed by “♥.” Now, she just writes her full name.
- Selena would have been a chef if she were not an actress and singer.
- Selena Gomez had received a Mickey Mouse charm necklace from Disney Channel.
- In September 2017, Selena’s close friend Francia Raisa gave her a kidney as her kidneys were not functioning well due to her fight with Lupus.
- In September 2018, she got to know about her low White Blood Cells (WBC) count which made her emotional. She was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. But, because the problem didn’t resolve, she was again rushed to the hospital. All these things further broke her emotionally and she had to then undergo dialectical behavior therapy.
- In 2018, Selena Gomez (along with Michael B. Jordan) joined hands with the fashion brand ‘Coach’ for their ‘Dream It Real’ initiative. Coach has further partnered with The Future Project to make their initiative (whereby the dreams of youngsters would be turned to reality) a success. For this, Selena and Michael visited the partner schools for a year.
- In October 2018, she was pushed back to #2 on Instagram in terms of the number of Instagram followers by Cristiano Ronaldo.
- She has a celebrity crush on Logan Lerman.
- Visit her official website @ selenagomez.com.
- Catch her updates on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube VEVO, Google+, Instagram, and MySpace.