- Chris Martin (Lead Singer) – Vocals, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Clarinet, Piano, Keyboards, Harmonica, Mandolin, Glockenspiel, Organ, Percussion, Trumpet
- Jonny Buckland (Guitarist) – Guitar, Vocals, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Bass, Sitar, Mandolin
- Guy Berryman (Bassist) – Vocals, Bass, Keyboards, Guitar, Mandolin, Drums, Trumpet, Percussion, Yangqin
- Will Champion (Drummer) – Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards
- Phil Harvey (Former manager of the ban who is referred to as the 5th member of the band)
London, England, United Kingdom
Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Post-Britpop, Pop
- Parlophone Records
- Capitol Records
- Atlantic Records
Coldplay released their first studio album titled Parachutes in July 2000. The album peaked at the number 1 spot on the UK Official Albums Chart and at number 2 on Australian and Irish music charts.
Some of their famous tracks include A Sky Full of Stars, True Love, Adventure of a Lifetime, Hymn for the Weekend, Up & Up, A Head Full of Dreams, Magic, Paradise, and many more.
- The band was co-founded by the frontman Chris Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland.
- All the members met each other while they were students at the University College London.
- When the band only consisted of Chris and Jonny, they named it Pectoralz.
- After the bassist Guy Berryman joined them, they changed their name to Starfish.
- The final member to join the band was drummer Will Champion.
- It was after they had recorded 3 songs of the 4 track EP, they realized that they need a drummer for the 4th song. They went to Will Champion’s house who at the time was living with a drummer who owned a drum kit but was not home at the point. Will gave it a try and they recorded the 4th song.
- In 1998, the band was named Coldplay.
- In July 2021, Coldplay released a 10-minute song titled Coloratura from their 9th studio album, Music of the Spheres.
- In September 2021, Coldplay teamed up with the K-Pop group, BTS for the release of a new song titled My Universe.
- In October 2021, the band announced its collaboration with Selena Gomez for the song, Let Somebody Go, from their 9th studio album, Music of the Spheres.
- In October 2021, they released their 9th studio album titled Music of the Spheres.
Featured Image by Nababan / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0