|Jonny Buckland Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1977|
Jonny Buckland is an English musician and the lead guitarist of the popular rock band, Coldplay, formed in 1996. Jonny was also the co-founder of the band along with the frontman Chris Martin, whom he met when he was in college. He is well known for his sparse arrangements and use of the slide.
Jonathan Mark Buckland
Islington, London, England, United Kingdom
Jonny attended Ysgol Y Waun Primary School and Alun School. He later took admission in the University College London to study Astronomy and Mathematics.
- Father – John V. Buckland
- Mother – Carolyn Joy (née Pritchard)
- Siblings – Tim Buckland (Older Brother)
Jonny is represented by Dave Holmes.
Alternative Rock, Post-Britpop, Pop Rock, Pop
Guitar, Vocals, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Bass, Sitar, Mandolin
Parlophone Records, Capitol Records, Atlantic Records
6 ft or 183 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonny has dated –
- Chloe Evans (2009-Present) – Jonny married Chloe Evans in 2009. The couple parents 2 children – a daughter, Violet, born in May 2007 and a son, Jonah, born in November 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry on his father’s side and is of Welsh descent on his mother’s side.
Always wears a cap
Jonny has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being the lead guitarist of the popular rock band, Coldplay, formed in 1996
Jonny, along with Coldplay, released the debut album, Parachutes, on July 10, 2000, in the UK via Parlophone. The album went 8x Platinum in Britain and 2x Platinum in America. It sold over 8,500,000 copies across the globe until 2011 and peaked at number 1 position in the UK and at number 2 spot in Australia and Ireland.
Jonny made his first theatrical film appearance in a cameo role in the 2004 horror comedy film, Shaun of the Dead, as himself along with another Coldplay member, Chris Martin.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as himself in the series, T in the Park, in 2001.
Jonny Buckland Favorite Things
- Idols – The Stone Roses, Ride, George Harrison, U2, My Bloody Valentine
- Guitar – Telecaster series
Source – Wikipedia
Jonny Buckland Facts
- Jonny’s family moved to Pantymwyn in Flintshire, Wales from his former home in Islington, London, when he was 4.
- He first played the guitar when he was 11 and his childhood idols were The Stone Roses, Ride, George Harrison, U2, and My Bloody Valentine, and his older brother Tim.
- He met his bandmates, Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Will Champion, and their manager, Phil Harvey, at the University College London and formed the band named Coldplay.
- He first met Coldplay frontman Chris Martin in September 1996 at the orientation week at University College London.
- He co-founded the band with Chris and they called it Pectoralz in the beginning.
- He mainly uses the Telecaster Thinline 72′ as his electric guitar and the Fender Stratocaster as his secondary guitar though he prefers the Telecaster series better.
- As per an article posted on Quartz in May 2018, Jonny’s estimated wealth was recorded to be £82 million.
- He does not have any social media account.
Featured Image by Christopher Johnson / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0