|Ozuna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1992|
|Spouse||Taina Marie Meléndez|
Ozuna is a Puerto Rican singer known for being one of the most popular singers in the Latin American countries. He also has an immense fan following in Spanish speaking Americans and has already performed in more than 2 dozen cities in the US. He has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 17 million subscribers. Ozuna has a huge social media fan base with more than 10 million followers on Instagram and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado
Ozuna, El negrito de ojos claros
San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States
Information about Ozuna’s formal education isn’t available.
- Father – His father was killed in a shooting when Ozuna was 3 years old.
- Mother – Yomary Rosado Marrero
Ozuna is represented by –
- VP Entertainment
- Vicente Saavedra
Reggaeton, Latin Trap
- VP Records
- Sony Music Latin
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ozuna has dated –
- Taina Marie Meléndez – Ozuna is married to Taina Marie Meléndez. They got married well before he became a popular Latin American singer. During the course of their marriage, she has given birth to their daughter, Sofia and son, Jacob.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Dominican ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Puerto Rican ancestry.
Ozuna has appeared in a TV commercial for Toyota Corolla.
Best Known For
- The popularity and commercial success of his songs such as Si No Te Quiere, No Quiere Enamorarse, Dile Que Tu Me Quieres, Te Vas, and Tu Foto
- Having collaborated with popular music artists such as Daddy Yankee, Cardi B, and Romeo Santos
- The immense popularity of his official YouTube channel, which has more than 17 million subscribers
In August 2017, he released his debut studio album, Odisea, which managed to reach the very top of US Top Latin Albums (Billboard) charts. The album also sold more than 360k units in the United States.
First TV Show
In 2017, Ozuna made his first TV show appearance in the Hermanos en la clandestinidad episode of the musical drama TV series, Guerra de Idolos.
Ozuna Favorite Things
Source – NY Times
- He was gifted his first microphone (Samsung microphone) by his paternal uncle, Feliz when Ozuna was 12 years old.
- Ozuna started writing songs at the age of 13. He started building his music career in the 2000s while performing in New York City.
- As his mother wasn’t financially stable, he was raised by his paternal grandmother.
- He started his singing career in 2012 with the release of his single, Imaginando.
- Early in his career, he used to perform under the stage name of “J Oz”. He also had collaborated with Musicologo & Menes to get a foothold in the music industry.
- In 2014, he got his first big breakthrough as he signed a contract with the record label, Golden Family Records. Soon after, he started releasing his music on YouTube.
- In 2014, he got widespread exposure with the release of his single, Si No Te Quiere. The song received a lot of airtime on radio channels in Latin America.
- In January 2017, he was arrested by immigration agents at the El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia after he and his producer allegedly acted violently before the agents.
- In May 2017, he started his official music tour, Odidea Tour. He kickstarted the tour with a concert at Atlanta, Georgia and then performed in more than 25 cities in the United States.
- He started a charity organization called Odisea Children in 2017.
- In 2019, Ozuna was included by Time magazine in their annual list of the “100 most influential people in the world”.
- In November 2019, he released his 3rd studio album titled Nibiru.
- In January 2021, he teamed up with Anuel AA for a collaborative album titled Los Dioses.
- Ozuna collaborated with the video game Call of Duty: Mobile in January 2021.
- In October 2021, Ozuna collaborated with DJ Snake, Megan Thee Stallion, and Lisa for a new single titled SG.
- In October 2022, he was announced as the owner of a basketball team in Puerto Rico’s National League.
- He performed the song Arhbo along with GIMS at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Featured Image by Mp077 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0