|Lalisa Manoban Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1997|
Lalisa Manoban, popularly known as Lisa, is the lead rapper and main dancer for the popular K-Pop girl group, Black Pink. She started her career at an early age and signed as a trainee with YG Entertainment when she was only 14. While following the strict rules and regulations of her management, she has garnered a huge fan base. She is the first non-Korean artist of YG Entertainment.
Lalice, Laliz, Pokpak, Flying Lisa, RyeoLisa, Elephant Lisa, Jolisa, Limario, Lalisa
Seoul, South Korea
Lalisa went to the Praphamontree II School, a private school in Bangkok where she attended an English-language school program. She further went to a dance school and also learned singing with two Thai singing teachers.
Singer, Rapper, Dancer, Model
- Siblings – None
- Others – Marco Brüschweiler (Stepfather) (Master Chef)
K-pop, EDM, hip-hop
YG Entertainment, Avex
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lisa has not dated anyone because of the guidelines by YG entertainment which prohibit her from dating, smoking, and drinking alcohol. But she revealed in an interview that she would prefer someone who is a bit older than her so that he can take care of her.
Race / Ethnicity
Individually, Lisa has appeared in these commercials –
- NONA90N – Lisa & Bobby + B.I (2014)
- NONA90N – Behind The Scenes (2015)
- NONA90N – 2015 FW (2015)
- NONA9ON – Lisa & Bobby (2017)
- NONA9ON – Summer isn’t over yet (2018)
With her band Black Pink, Lisa has endorsed –
- Incheon Main Customs – The band became the brand ambassador for Incheon Main Customs in May 2017.
- They also endorsed brands like Reebok, Moonshot, Adidas, The Coca-Cola Company, Louis Vuitton, St. Scott London, and Lotte Trevi sparkling water.
Best Known For
Being the rapper and main dancer of the South Korean girl group, Black Pink.
As a Singer
Lisa has released extended plays and singles with her band, Black Pink. Their singles, Boombayah and As If It’s Your Last, charted at #1 on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart, in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
First TV Show
Lisa made her TV show debut in 2016, in an episode of comedy game-show Running Man.
Lisa, like the other Black Pink members, doesn’t follow any particular fitness routine. Majority of her calories are burned in the dance lessons which the band members take.
Lalisa Manoban Favorite Things
- Food – French fries
- Drinks – The sweet drinks
- Dish – Gamjatang (Spicy pork spine soup)
- Color – Yellow
- Music Genre – Pop
Source – Various articles
Lalisa Manoban Facts
- She is a member of the South Korean girl group Black Pink along with Jisoo, Jennie Kim, and Rosé.
- When Lisa auditioned for a YG Entertainment competition in 2010 in Thailand, she was the only one who got accepted.
- Eventually, she joined YG Entertainment in 2011, becoming their first non-Korean artist.
- The meaning of her first name, Lalisa, is ‘the promised’.
- Her name was changed from Panpriya to Lalisa after a fortune telling.
- She is fluent in Thai, Korean, Japanese, and English.
- Lisa is a single child.
- She is the youngest member of Black Pink.
- Lisa has been friends with Thai rapper, GOT7’s BamBam, since childhood.
- Before her association with YG Entertainment, she was a part of the dance group, We Za Cool, and has appeared in their music videos.
- She also appeared in Taeyang’s music video Ringa Linga in 2013.
- Along with her Black Pink band members, Lisa has modeled for some major magazines like Nylon Japan, South Korea’s 1st Look, Elle Korea, and Singapore’s Teenage.
- In December 2020, Lisa was the most followed k-pop idol on personal Instagram (not the band) with over 43 million followers. She still was the most followed even in August 2021 with over 56.6 million Instagram followers.
- In September 2021, Lisa released her debut solo album titled Lalisa. The album contains the title track Lalisa and Money, as well as their instrumental versions.
- In October 2021, she teamed up with DJ Snake, Ozuna, and Megan Thee Stallion for a new single titled SG.
- In November 2021, Lisa was tested positive for coronavirus.
- In December 2021, Lisa made her runway debut with Celine‘s Summer 2022 show in France.
- She is the first k-pop idol to reach 50 million followers on personal Instagram.
- In August 2022, Lisa won the award for “Best K-Pop” for her single, Lalisa at the MTV Video Music Awards. With this, she became the first solo K-Pop artist to win a VMA.
- As of January 2023, Lisa holds the Guinness World Records for “first solo K-pop winner at the MTV Europe Music Awards” and “the most followers on Instagram for a K-pop artist”.
Featured Image by F28STAR / Tistory / CC BY 4.0