|DJ Snake Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
DJ Snake is a French-born, Algerian DJ and record producer who has worked on a number of successful tracks and albums which include the likes of Turn Down for What (with Lil Jon), Get Low (with Dillon Francis), Lean On (with Major Lazer featuring MØ), Let Me Love You (featuring Justin Bieber), Encore, Taki Taki (featuring Selena Gomez, Cardi B, and Ozuna), Loco Contigo (with J Balvin and Tyga), Middle (featuring Bipolar Sunshine), A Different Way (featuring Lauv), You Know You Like It (with AlunaGeorge), and Carte Blanche. He was also placed at number #9 on Billboard‘s 2018 ranking of dance musicians titled “Billboard Dance 100”.
William Sami Étienne Grigahcine
DJ, Record Producer
DJ Snake is managed by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Red Level Agency Ltd., Hong Kong
Turntables, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vinyl Player, Laptop, Vocals
Columbia Records, Interscope Records, Mad Decent, Spinnin’ Records, Geffen Records, Premiere Classe, Starsick, Sony Music India
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Algerian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’.
- Very short to shaved hairstyle
- Wears stud earrings
- Wears shades most of the time
DJ Snake’s tracks have been featured in several commercials like –
- “Turn Down for What” was featured in the Sol Republic DECK commercial.
- “Get Low” got featured in Dodge and Taco Bell commercials.
Best Known For
- Producing Lady Gaga’s album Born This Way. The album which was released by Interscope Records on May 23, 2011, earned him a Grammy nomination for 2012’s Album of the Year award.
- “Lean On” track, which he collaborated with Major Lazer featuring MØ in 2015. The track became an instant hit and its video, shot in India, was named “The Best Video of 2015” with more than 1 billion views on YouTube. The track peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Being a member of Pardon My French team, a group consisting of 4 French DJs.
On August 5, 2016, DJ Snake released his debut album named Encore under Interscope Label. The album features collaborative work with artists like Bipolar Sunshine, Skrillex, Yellow Claw, Justin Bieber, among others.
First TV Show
DJ Snake was first seen on the talk show The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in 2015.
DJ Snake Favorite Things
- Type Of Food – Cuban
- City – New York
DJ Snake Facts
- He was only 14 years old when he started DJ-ing.
- DJ Snake used to be a graffiti artist.
- He was inspired to become a DJ after watching a scene in the French film La Haine, in which DJ Cut Killer was creating music.
- He does not like the name “Snake” and prefers being called Will or William.
- In April 2014, FoxWeekly labeled DJ Snake as an “Artist to Watch”.
- His track “Drop” created in collaboration with Diplo, was used as a soundtrack for the comedy series Entourage.
- In 2015, his song Turn Down for What (with Lil Jon) was nominated for a Grammy in the “Best Music Video” category. Additionally, the song won the 2014 MTV Video Music Award for “Best Direction” and the 2015 Billboard Music Award for “Top Dance/Electronic Song”.
- He has performed at the 2015 Coachella Music Festival.
- His tracks Get Low and Turn Down for What were featured in the film Furious 7.
- He maintains that he has never smoked, drank, or done drugs in his life.
- In February 2021, it was revealed that he had been tested positive for coronavirus.
- In October 2021, he teamed up with Ozuna, Megan Thee Stallion, and Lisa for the release of a new single titled SG.
Featured Image by Guess Agency / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0