|Lauv Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1994|
Lauv is a well distinguished American singer, songwriter, and record producer who had developed a serious passion for music at a very young age. Since then, he has toured alongside pop sensations like Ed Sheeran and Anne-Marie, singing a number of hit songs including the heartbreak single I Like Me Better (2017). Lauv has a huge fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube.
Ari Staprans Leff
San Francisco, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lauv completed his studies at Radnor Middle School in Wayne, Pennsylvania and later joined Claremont High School, California.
Later, he obtained a major in music technology from New York University.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Stuart Leff (Teacher)
- Mother – Silvija Staprāns (Vaccine Researcher)
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters.
- Others – Sanford Leonard Leff (Paternal Grandfather), Seena Sylvia Glaser (Paternal Grandmother)
Lauve is represented by –
- Steve Bursky, Max Gredinger, and Laura Hess (General Manager), Foundations Music
- Carleen Donovan and Elisa Kupelian of Donovan Public Relations
- Matt Galle, Zac Bluestone, and Matt Adler, Booking Agents (North America), Paradigm Agency
- Jon Ollier and Marlene Tsuchii, Booking Agents, Creative Artists Agency
- Jonathan Koby of Davis Shapiro Lewit Grabel Leven Granderson & Blake, LLP
Pop, R&B, Indie, Jazz, EDM
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Drums, Viola
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lauv has dated –
- Julia Michaels – Lauv has dated singer-songwriter, Julia Michaels in the past. There were rumors that the couple started dating sometime in mid-2018. They have often performed together in public and didn’t shy away from sharing their romantically perfect life on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on his father’s side and Latvian ancestry on his mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Lauv has done endorsement work for several brands including Spotify.
Best Known For
- Releasing several hit singles including I Like Me Better (2017), Chasing Fire (2018), There’s No Way (Feat. Julia Michaels) (2018)
- The heartfelt lyrics that he has written for many music artists like Olivia Noelle, Cheat Codes, and Billy Gilman
As a Singer
Lauv released his debut solo single The Other on March 31, 2015. Later, he released many other hit singles like I Like Me Better (2017) and There’s No Way (2018).
He released his first EP titled Lost in the Light in 2015 and his first compilation album titled I Met You When I Was 18 (The Playlist) was released in 2018.
First TV Show
Lauv made his first TV show appearance as a guest on the family talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! in January 2018.
Lauv Favorite Things
- City – Tokyo
- Apparel – Denim Jackets, Track Pants
- Type Of Songs And Movie – Sad
- Sad Song – Coldplay‘s Fix You (2005)
- Sad Movie – Midnight In Paris (2011)
- Kind Of Memes – The bad ones that no one understands
- Kind Of Coffee – Cold brew coffee with almond milk
- Snack – Funyuns
- Mexican Dish – Chilaquiles
- Animated Character – SpongeBob SquarePants
- Song – Down By The Bay by Raffi
- Salad Dressing – Sesame-Ginger
- Pair Of Shoes – Air Force 1 by Nike
- TV Show – Friends (1994-2004)
- Kind Of Tattoos – Small words
- Food To Cook – Ramen
- Game – Luigi’s Mansion
- He was born in San Francisco, California and later, shifted to Atlanta, Georgia. After that, he moved to New York to study music.
- In the past, he and his sisters who are also talented violinists and cellists formed a trio.
- His stage name “Lauv” in Latvian and first name “Ari” in Hebrew means “lion”.
- At the age of 11, he started learning the guitar. Prior to that, he had been taking lessons to play the violin and piano.
- Lauv was 14 years old when he developed an infatuation with love and breakup inspired lyrics. Prior to that, he had not been in a relationship.
- While in high school, he had joined a number of bands and studied the musical genre Jazz. Later, he switched over to electronic music.
- At the age of 18, he decided to sing and start writing songs or become a music producer.
- In 2017, he led his very own tour called the Late Nights, Deep Talks across the country.
- Lauv toured and performed in Ed Sheeran‘s Divide Tour in 2017.
- In June 2018, he was ranked at #1 place on Billboard‘s “Emerging Artists” chart.
- After he completed his college, he signed Prescription Songs a publishing company.
- The first CD that he ever bought was Eminem‘s The Eminem Show (2002).
- His inspiration for music comes from music artists such as John Mayer, Coldplay, Taking Back Sunday, Green Day, and Skrillex.
- He has a tattoo that reads “why” on his left wrist.
- Visit his official website @ lauvsongs.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Sven Mandel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0