|Rochak Kohli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1983|
Rochak Kohli is an Indian music director, music composer, singer, lyricist, and former lawyer who is best known for his work as the music director/composer of several popular songs that were featured in Bollywood films such as Vicky Donor (2012), Nautanki Saala (2013), Hawaizaada (2015), Naam Shabana (2017), Qarib Qarib Single (2017), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), Badhaai Ho (2018), Good Newwz (2019), Indoo Ki Jawani (2020), and Koi Jaane Na (2021). In the early part of his career (2012-2015), he had also performed as a playback singer and written the lyrics for some of the songs in the aforementioned films. He is also well recognized for composing/directing the music of singles/non-film songs such as O Heeriye (2013), Mitti Di Khushboo (2014), Yahin Hoon Main (2015), Chan Kitthan (2018), Mausama (2020), Meri Aashiqui (2020), Main Jis Din Bhulaa Du (2021), and Barsaat Ki Dhun (2021).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Rochak, after his high school graduation, attended the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College in his hometown of Chandigarh, a renowned institution that has produced more than 50 international-level sportspersons and numerous achievers in multiple fields for India.
He had graduated from there with a B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) degree. He had then joined Panjab University, a central and state government-funded university, also located in Chandigarh. He had attained an LL.B. (Bachelor of Legislative Law) degree there.
Music Director, Music Composer, Singer, Lyricist, Lawyer (Retired)
- Mother – Namrata Kohli
Bollywood, Acoustic Pop, Sufi Music, Ghazal, Qawwali, Indian Pop
- Zee Music Company
- Eros Music
- YRF Music
- Saregama Music
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rochak has dated –
- Sukriti Vadhera (2009-Present) – Rochak got married to educator, visual artist, entrepreneur, and illustrator Sukriti Vadhera in November 2009. They have a son together named Eklavya Kohli. Sukriti is the creative director of happyness.me, a Mumbai-based employee experience tech platform.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
Rochak Kohli Facts
- Born into a family of lawyers, Rochak too had worked for a brief while as a lawyer after graduating from Panjab University.
- After quitting the job, he worked as a theatre artist in his hometown of Chandigarh. In the late 2000s, he had joined 92.7 Big FM, one of India’s largest radio networks.
- There, he had progressed to the position of the company’s national creative head and was the brain behind the popular jingle titled Suno Sunao Life Banao which was composed in 2012 and became the main theme music/jingle of the radio station for years to come.
- The same year, he was offered a chance to compose a song called Pani da Rang (Color of Water) that was to be featured in the 2012 Indian Hindi-language romantic comedy film Vicky Donor. He took up the offer and even co-wrote it with Indian actor, singer, and TV host Ayushmann Khurrana who was playing the male lead in the film.
- The song became a big hit and Rochak won both the ‘Upcoming Music Composer of The Year’ and ‘Upcoming Lyricist of The Year’ at the 2013 edition of the Mirchi Music Awards, presented annually to honor both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the Hindi language film music industry by Radio Mirchi, a nationwide network of private FM radio stations in India.
- The song had also won the ‘Hottest Song of the Year’ award at the 2012 Global Indian Music Academy Awards and the ‘Most Entertaining Song’ award at the 2012 Big Star Entertainment Awards.
- Rochak and Ayushmann are childhood friends who used to sing together at local functions and school/college events. Their collaboration extended to Bollywood as well with Rochak composing/directing some songs in multiple films where Ayushmann was playing the male lead – Vicky Donor (2012), Nautanki Saala (2013), Hawaizaada (2015), and Badhaai Ho (2018). This collaboration can also be noted in singles/non-film songs such as O Heeriye (2013), Mitti Di Khushboo (2014), and Yahin Hoon Main (2015).
- Rochak’s hobbies include traveling and cooking.
- His first name, Rochak, translates to interesting/entertaining. His Twitter handle (RochakTweets) is a double play on the meaning of his first name.
- At the 2019 edition of the IIFA Awards (International Indian Film Academy Awards), he had jointly won the ‘Best Music Director’ award for the 2018 Indian Hindi-language comedy film Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety.
- He is an ardent follower of the Japanese Buddhist philosopher, educator, author, and nuclear disarmament advocate Daisaku Ikeda.
Featured Image by Rochak Kohli / Instagram