Elena Jane Goulding
Lyonshall, Herefordshire, England
Goulding finished her schooling from Lady Hawkins’ High School in Kington. Later, she attended the University of Kent to pursue a degree in politics and drama.
She left her college on the suggestion of Jamie Lillywhite from Turn First Artists, who was in search of new talent.
Singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Arthur Goulding (He is from the “family of undertakers“)
- Mother – Tracey Goulding (née Clark) (Worked in a supermarket)
- Siblings – Ellie has 3 siblings – 1 brother and 2 sisters. She is the second among the 4 children.
Jamie Lillywhite from Turn First Artists manages Ellie.
Dream pop, folktronica, indie pop, indietronica, synthpop
Vocals, bass, clarinet, drums, guitar, mandolin, keyboard, percussion
Polydor, Neon Gold, Cherrytree, Interscope Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellie Goulding dated –
- Greg James (2009-2011) – British TV and radio presenter dated Ellie from 2009 to 2011.
- Skrillex (2012) – In 2012, a new couple alert came. American music producer, Dubstep DJ Skrillex hooked up with Ellie in February 2012. The relationship ended in October in the same year.
- Jeremy Irvine (2012-2013) – From November 2012 until August 2013, actor Jeremy and singer Ellie were together.
- Calvin Harris (2013) – Scottish DJ Calvin Harris was RUMORed to be dating Goulding in 2013 when they met during the filming of the song “I Need Your Love” in 2013.
- Ed Sheeran (2013) – Another English singer, Ed Sheeran had a fling with Ellie when they both were seen holding hands of each other during MTV’s Video Music Awards 2013 nearing August 2013.
- Luke Friend (2013) – RUMOR
- Niall Horan (2013) – Niall and Ellie are fondly called as “Nellie” by media. They dated for 27 days when they first met during V Festival in August 2013. They called the relationship quits in September 2013.
- Dougie Poynter (2013-2016) – In December 2013, she started dating McFly guitarist and vocalist, Dougie Poynter. They separated in February 2016 after dating for just more than 2 years.
- Sam Karl (2014) – RUMOR
- Bobby Rich (2016-2017) – In November 2016, Ellie started dating martial artist from Britain, Bobby Rich. They were thinking of moving in together in January 2017 but somehow split later in February 2017.
- Caspar Jopling (2017-Present) – In March 2017, she was seen on a date with Team GB rower Caspar Jopling in Mayfair, West London. They had hooked up a bunch of times in the past. The couple was also seen at Princess Eugenie‘s wedding with Jack Brooksbank in October 2018 at Windsor Castle, England. In August 2018, the couple publicly revealed their engagement, and exactly after a year later, in August of 2019, they tied the knot. Their wedding was among the most talked-about wedding in the industry. In February 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. They welcomed their first child, a son named Arthur Ever Winter Jopling on April 29, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is naturally a brunette.
But, she likes to dye her hair blonde.
- Can play a huge different number of musical instruments (see the list above)
- Known for high piercing vibrato, breathy tone, and emotive delivery
- Vibrant smile
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
ASOS, and SoBe
Ellie was announced as the face of M.A.C. cosmetics in June 2015.
She also partnered with Nike to create a 30-minute running documentary film in 2011.
She does not talk about her religion much. But, she had been raised Christian.
Best Known For
Goulding released her debut album Lights on February 26, 2010, by Polydor Records. The album is 36:51 minutes long with a total number of approx. 1.6 million sales worldwide. It was certified as 2x Platinum in England.
First TV Show
Ellie had numerous guest appearances on TV shows. Her first one was in Later with Jools Holland in 2009 as herself in season #35 and episode 7.
Ellie had also guest appeared on a British chat show presented by Jonathan Ross, titled “The Jonathan Ross Show” on October 6, 2012.
Goulding likes to run a lot. She aims at running 6 miles every day. But, she does not stop here. Ellie likes to mix up. Apart from running, she likes to do yoga for strength. Capoeira is a martial art dance form, which Ellie likes to perform to achieve shaped hip muscles.
Ellie Goulding Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi, fish
- Christmas Film – The Snowman
- Book – Birdsong (By Sebastian Faulks)
- Disney Movie – Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Source – Yahoo, iHeart
Watch this video to find her most of the favorite things like her fave movie, vacation spot, food, book, albums, and many others.
Ellie Goulding Facts
- Her parents separated when Ellie was five years old.
- She had worked hard since childhood. Ellie won the singing contest first time when she was in college.
- She started songwriting at 15. At 14, she commenced learning and playing guitar. At 9, Goulding used to play the clarinet.
- She had a stepfather, who used to drive a lorry.
- On April 29, 2011, she sang a song on the occasion of Prince William Windsor and Kate Middleton‘s wedding at Buckingham Palace in London.
- Kanye West and Björk are her musical influences.
- In 2013, she appeared on a track “Mirror” from the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- She is a philanthropist too. Ellie is doing charity work since 2010.
- She is a cheese addict.
- She considers Daniel Day-Lewis as the best actor in the world.
- She had also performed for Barack Obama and his family.
- She is ambidextrous, meaning she can use both of her hands equally well.
- Visit her official website @ elliegoulding.com.
- Connect with her on various social networks – Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, SoundCloud, and Instagram.