|Ellie Goulding Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1986|
Ellie Goulding is an English singer and songwriter. Her discography includes several albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Delirium, Love Me like You Do, Lights, Brightest Blue, Halcyon, An Introduction to Ellie Goulding, Run into the Light, Under the Sheets, Guns and Horses, Your Song, How Long Will I Love You, Goodness Gracious, Something in the Way You Move, Close to Me (with Diplo and Swae Lee), Worry About Me (ft. Blackbear), On My Mind, O Holy Night, Army, The Writer, Hate Me (with Juice Wrld), and Still Falling for You. She has won several accolades including at least 4 BMI London Awards and 2 Brit Awards.
Elena Jane Goulding
Lyonshall, Herefordshire, England, United Kingdom
Goulding finished her schooling at Lady Hawkins’ High School in Kington. Later, she attended the University of Kent to pursue a degree in politics and drama.
She left her college at the suggestion of Jamie Lillywhite from Turn First Artists, who was in search of new talent.
Singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Arthur Goulding (He is from the “family of undertakers“)
- Mother – Tracey Goulding (née Clark) (Worked in a supermarket)
- Siblings – Ellie has 3 siblings – 1 brother and 2 sisters. She is the second among the 4 children.
- Others – Charles R. Goulding (Paternal Grandfather), Doris J. Evans (Paternal Grandmother)
Jamie Lillywhite from Turn First Artists has managed Ellie.
Dream pop, folktronica, indie pop, indietronica, synthpop
Vocals, bass, clarinet, drums, guitar, mandolin, keyboard, percussion
Polydor, Neon Gold, Cherrytree, Interscope Records
Her net worth had been $30 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellie Goulding has dated –
- Burns – It was RUMORed that she once had a fling with record producer, songwriter, and DJ Burns.
- Prince Harry – She had an encounter with Prince Harry, a member of the British royal family, in the past.
- Greg James (2009-2011) – British TV and radio presenter dated Ellie from 2009 to 2011.
- Skrillex (2012) – In 2012, a new couple alert came. American music producer, Dubstep DJ Skrillex hooked up with Ellie in February 2012. The relationship ended in October of the same year.
- Jeremy Irvine (2012-2013) – From November 2012 until August 2013, actor Jeremy and singer Ellie were together.
- Calvin Harris (2013) – Scottish DJ Calvin Harris was RUMORed to be dating Goulding in 2013 when they met during the filming of the song “I Need Your Love” in 2013.
- Ed Sheeran (2013) – Another English singer, Ed Sheeran had a fling with Ellie when they both were seen holding hands of each other during MTV’s Video Music Awards 2013 nearing August 2013.
- Luke Friend (2013) – In December 2013, she was RUMORed to have had a fling with Luke Friend.
- Niall Horan (2013) – Niall and Ellie are fondly called “Nellie” by the media. They dated for 27 days when they first met during V Festival in August 2013. They called the relationship quits in September 2013.
- Dougie Poynter (2013-2016) – In December 2013, she started dating McFly guitarist and vocalist, Dougie Poynter. They separated in February 2016 after dating for just more than 2 years.
- Sam Karl (2014) – She was RUMORed to have hooked up with Sam Karl in May 2014.
- Bobby Rich (2016-2017) – In November 2016, Ellie started dating martial artist from Britain Bobby Rich. They were thinking of moving in together in January 2017 but somehow split later in February 2017.
- Caspar Jopling (2017-Present) – In March 2017, she was seen on a date with Team GB rower Caspar Jopling in Mayfair, West London. They had hooked up a bunch of times in the past. The couple was also seen at Princess Eugenie‘s wedding with Jack Brooksbank in October 2018 at Windsor Castle, England. In August 2018, the couple publicly revealed their engagement, and exactly after a year later, in August of 2019, they tied the knot. Their wedding was among the most talked-about wedding in the industry. In February 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. They welcomed their first child, a son named Arthur Ever Winter Jopling on April 29, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Ellie Goulding is of English and Welsh descent.
She is naturally a brunette.
But, she likes to dye her hair blonde.
- Can play a hugely different number of musical instruments (see the list above)
- Known for high piercing vibrato, breathy tone, and emotive delivery
- Vibrant smile
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
ASOS, and SoBe
Ellie was announced as the face of M.A.C. cosmetics in June 2015.
She also partnered with Nike to create a 30-minute running documentary film in 2011.
She had been raised Christian.
Best Known For
Goulding released her debut album Lights on February 26, 2010, by Polydor Records. The album is 36:51 minutes long with a total number of approx. 1.6 million sales worldwide. It was certified as 2x Platinum in England.
First TV Show
Ellie had numerous guest appearances on TV shows. Her first one was in Later with Jools Holland in 2009 as herself in season #35 and episode 7.
Ellie had also guest appeared on a British chat show presented by Jonathan Ross, titled “The Jonathan Ross Show” on October 6, 2012.
Goulding likes to run a lot. She aims at running 6 miles every day. But, she does not stop here. Ellie likes to mix up. Apart from running, she likes to do yoga for strength. Capoeira is a martial art dance form, which Ellie likes to perform to achieve shaped hip muscles.
Ellie Goulding Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi, fish
- Christmas Film – The Snowman
- Book – Birdsong (By Sebastian Faulks)
- Disney Movie – Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Source – Yahoo, iHeart
Watch this video to find most of her favorite things like her fave movie, vacation spot, food, book, albums, and many others.
Ellie Goulding Facts
- Her parents separated when Ellie was five years old.
- She had worked hard since childhood. Ellie won the singing contest first time when she was in college.
- She started songwriting at 15. At 14, she commenced learning and playing guitar. At 9, Goulding used to play the clarinet.
- She had a stepfather, who used to drive a lorry.
- On April 29, 2011, she sang a song on the occasion of Prince William Windsor and Kate Middleton‘s wedding at Buckingham Palace in London.
- Kanye West and Björk are her musical influences.
- In 2013, she appeared on the track “Mirror” from the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- She is a philanthropist too. Ellie is doing charity work since 2010.
- She is a cheese addict.
- She considers Daniel Day-Lewis as the best actor in the world.
- She had also performed for Barack Obama and his family.
- She has been friends with Taylor Swift, Cara Delevingne, and Princess Beatrice of York.
- She is ambidextrous, meaning she can use both of her hands equally well.
- On July 17, 2020, she released her 4th studio album titled Brightest Blue via Polydor Records. It peaked the UK Albums (OCC) chart and was ranked at number #2 on the US Billboard 200 chart as well as the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart. The album also became Goulding’s 3rd number-one album in the United Kingdom, debuting with sales of 14,820 units.
- In July 2022, Ellie teamed up with Big Sean for a new song titled Easy Lover.