|Blackbear Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||November 27, 1990|
Blackbear is an American musician, singer, songwriter, rapper, and record producer who has released many albums, tracks, extended plays, and mixtapes like Everything Means Nothing, Deadroses, Help, Digital Druglord, Anonymous, The Afterglow, Cashmere Noose, Misery Lake, Drink Bleach, Idfc, 4U, Dirty Laundry, Nyla, Different Hos, Girls Like U”, Wanderlust, Chateau, The 1, Playboy Shit (ft. Lil Aaron), Up in This (with Tinashe), 1 Sided Love, Hot Girl Bummer, Tongue Tied (with Marshmello and Yungblud), Queen of Broken Hearts, Me & Ur Ghost, Cheers (with Wiz Khalifa), Hard on Yourself (with Charlie Puth), and Memory (with Kane Brown). Moreover, he has also been one-half of the alternative hip hop/R&B duo Mansionz, along with singer-songwriter Mike Posner.
Matthew Tyler Musto
Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Matthew dropped out of high school at the age of 16 as his punk band was signed up on a record deal.
Recording artist, singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer
Blackbear has been represented by –
- Erise Management
- ICM Partners
- Tabari Francis
Hip-hop, R&B, soul, pop, alternative R&B, alternative rock, emo rap
Interscope, Beartrap, Island Records, Columbia Records, Alamo
His net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blackbear has dated –
- AnneMarie Morin – He was romantically involved with model AnneMarie Morin in the past.
- Kiiara (2016) – In the year 2016, he had an affair with singer and songwriter Kiiara.
- Bella Thorne (2017) – Blackbear started dating actor Bella Throne in the summer of 2017. Bella made their relationship public in mid-July by sharing a picture of them cuddling up on the couch. Some days later, he shared a picture of them kissing to give his public confirmation as well. They made their first public appearance in August after they dished out some steamy PDA on the red carpet of the 2017 Teen Choice Awards. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months and by October, she was reported to be going out with his friend and fellow rapper Mod Sun, and Blackbear certainly wasn’t cool with it.
- Sydney Carlson (2018-2019) – Blackbear then started dating Instagram star, Sydney Carlson. Loved-up posts of the couple were posted on Sydney’s Instagram. The couple’s first picture together was seen in February 2018 on her Instagram. They allegedly separated in January 2019 after Blackbear cheated on Sydney with another girl.
- Michele Maturo – It was announced on September 25, 2019, that Blackbear and model Michele Maturo were expecting their first child in January 2020. Afterward, on January 29, 2020, the couple announced the birth of their son named Midnight Thomas Musto (b. January 26, 2020). The duo’s engagement was announced on April 11, 2021, through Maturo’s Instagram page and it was revealed on September 20, 2021, that they were expecting their 2nd child together. The couple’s 2nd child, a boy named Morrissey Onyx Musto, was born on March 12, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, he often dyes his hair in flamboyant shades.
- Often dyes his hair in different shades
Best Known For
- Having co-written Justin Bieber’s popular single, Boyfriend, which went on to debut at #2 position on the Billboard Hot 100
- Having collaborated with popular musical artists such as G-Eazy, Mike Posner, James Blake, Linkin Park, and Pharrell Williams
- Being one half of the alternative hip-hop and R&B duo Mansionz. The singer and songwriter Mike Posner is the other member.
In February 2015, Blackbear released his debut studio album, Deadroses.
First TV Show
In 2017, he made his first TV show appearance in The 2017 Grammy Awards episode of the TV series, E! Live from the Red Carpet.
Blackbear Favorite Things
- Music Albums – Phantoms by Acceptance, Plans by Death Cab for Cutie, Man on the Moon by Kid Cudi, A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay
Source – StitchedSounds.com
- He developed an interest in music at the age of 5. At the same age, he started asking his parents for a drum set or a guitar. They eventually got him a guitar from a family friend.
- He holds the distinction of being one of the first music artists to have made money out of the music streaming platform, Soundcloud, which he started doing in 2014.
- Early in his music career, he did an apprenticeship under the guidance of R&B star Ne-Yo.
- In 2016, he had to be admitted to the hospital after he was hit with a serious bout of pancreatitis, which was brought on by his excessive substance abuse. He had to undergo a big surgery to take care of it.
- He was discovered by manager Tabari Francis from Myspace. He had been uploading his electronic folk music to the popular social networking website.
- In October 2017, he donated proceeds from the sales of his merchandise from a concert in Las Vegas to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting that took place in September 2017.
- He released his 5th studio album titled Everything Means Nothing on August 21, 2020, and it peaked at number #15 on the US Billboard 200 chart, at number #19 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #56 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart. Also, it was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Visit his official website @ beartrap.la.
Featured Image by Blackbear / Instagram