Matthew Tyler Musto
Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Matthew dropped out of high school at the age of 16 as his punk band was signed up on a record deal.
Recording artist, singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Blackbear is represented by
- Erise Management
- ICM Partners
- Tabari Francis
Hip-hop, R&B, soul, pop
Interscope, Beartrap, Island Records
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blackbear has dated
- Bella Thorne (2017) – Blackbear started dating actress Bella Throne in the summer of 2017. Bella made their relationship public in mid-July by sharing a picture of them cuddling up on the couch. Some days later, he shared a picture of them kissing to give his public confirmation as well. They made their first public appearance in August after they dished out some steamy PDA on the red carpet of the 2017 Teen Choice Awards. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months and by October, she was reported to be going out with his friend and fellow rapper Mod Sun, and Blackbear certainly wasn’t cool with it.
- Sydney Carlson (2018-2019) – Blackbear then started dating Instagram star, Sydney Carlson. Loved up posts of the couple were posted on Sydney’s Instagram. The couple’s first picture together was seen in February 2018 on her Instagram. They allegedly separated in January 2019 after Blackbear cheated on Sydney with another girl.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, he often dyes his hair in flamboyant shades.
- Often dyes his hair to different shades.
Blackbear hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- Having co-written Justin Bieber’s popular single, Boyfriend, which went on to debut at #2 position on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Having collaborated with popular musical artists such as G-Eazy, Mike Posner, James Blake, Linkin Park, and Pharrell Williams.
- Being one half of the alternative hip-hop and R&B duo Mansionz. The singer and songwriter Mike Posner is the other member.
In February 2015, Blackbear released his debut studio album, Deadroses.
First TV Show
In 2017, he made his first TV show appearance in The 2017 Grammy Awards episode of TV series, E! Live from the Red Carpet.
Blackbear Favorite Things
- Music Albums – Phantoms by Acceptance, Plans by Death Cab for Cutie, Man on the Moon by Kid Cudi, A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay
Source – StitchedSounds.com
- He developed an interest in music at the age of 5. At the same age, he started asking his parents for a drum set or a guitar. They eventually got him a guitar from a family friend.
- He holds the distinction of being one of the first music artists to have made money out of music streaming platform, Soundcloud, which he started doing in 2014.
- Early in his music career, he did an apprenticeship under the guidance of R&B star Ne-Yo.
- In 2016, he had to be admitted to the hospital after he was hit with a serious bout of pancreatitis, which was brought on by his excessive substance abuse. He had to undergo a big surgery to take care of it.
- He was discovered by manager Tabari Francis from Myspace. He had been uploading his electronic folk music to the popular social networking website.
- In October 2017, he donated proceeds from the sales of his merchandise from a concert in Las Vegas to the victims of Las Vegas shooting that took place in September 2017.
- Visit his official website @ beartrap.la.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, SoundCloud, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Blackbear / Instagram