James Blake Litherland
One Take Blake, Harmonimix
Enfield, London, England
James has kept South London as his base, where he also has a home studio.
He also spends some part of the year in Los Angeles.
James Blake went to the Grange Park Primary School.
After that, he got enrolled at The Latymer School, Edmonton for secondary education.
He got his college education from Goldsmiths, University of London, where graduated with a degree in Popular Music.
Singer, songwriter, musician, record producer
- Father – James Litherland (Singer, guitarist, and founder of the progressive rock band Colosseum)
- Mother – Is a graphic designer.
- Siblings – None
James Blake is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
Electronic, R&B, soul, post-dubstep
Vocals, piano, and synthesizer
1-800 Dinosaur, R&S, ATLAS, A&M, Polydor, Universal Republic, Hessle Audio
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Blake has dated –
- Theresa Wayman – James was in a relationship with Warpaint band guitarist Theresa Wayman until 2013. He wrote his second studio album Overgrown just after the breakup.
- Jameela Jamil (2015-Present) – In 2015, James started dating Los Angeles based, British actress and comedy writer, Jameela Jamil. He started going out with her while he was struggling to create music for his third studio album, The Colour in Anything. He often credits Jamil for making him more sociable and more appreciative of good things in life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Messy hairdo
James Blake hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- Having served as a music producer and featured artist in Beyoncé’s sixth album, Lemonade.
- The popularity of his studio albums, Overgrown and The Colour in Anything. Both of these albums managed to reach the top of US dance album charts.
- Having collaborated with popular music artists such as Frank Ocean, Bon Iver and Chance the Rapper.
In February 2011, he released his debut studio album, James Blake. It peaked at #1 on Belgian music charts and at #123 on Billboard 200.
First TV Show
In June 2011, James made his TV show debut in the music series, Live from Abbey Road.
James hits the gym every couple of days for few hours, which means he isn’t regular in following a workout routine. And, his reason for hitting the gym is slightly different than usual. Whereas most people hit the gym to improve fitness and their physical appearance, James works out to feel happy. If he isn’t careful, he can easily fall in the rut.
James Blake Favorite Things
- Video Games – Quake, Super Smash Bros, and Brawl
- Comedy Movie – Spinal Tap (1984)
- Comedians – Will Ferrell, Peter Cook, and Dudley Moore
- Comedy TV Shows – The Office (Original British) and Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Curb Your Enthusiasm Episode – The Carpool Lane
Source – GQ
James Blake Facts
- In December 2016, he announced that he was donating proceeds from two of his shows in San Francisco (which were part of his 1-800 Dinosaur tour) to the victims of Ghost Ship Tragedy.
- Music has been his obsession since his formative years. However, unlike normal teens, he preferred playing piano at home with lights out over performing with school choir or orchestra.
- In 2012, he started working with iconic rapper Kanye West to create the song. However, after working for quite some time, they couldn’t create a release worthy music.
- When he first found success, he struggled with the immense spotlight he got. He had to battle anxiety problem and also felt claustrophobic.
- He had to take therapy to deal with his mental problems, which were the result of his reclusive lifestyle and his obsession to create perfect music.
- Visit his official website @ jamesblakemusic.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Myspace.