|Rosalía Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rosalía is a Spanish singer, songwriter, producer, and composer who is known for her modern variation of flamenco music. She has also collaborated with various prominent artists like J Balvin and Pharrell Williams and has received at least 5 Latin Grammy Awards and a Grammy Award. Over the years, she has released a number of tracks and albums which include the likes of Los ángeles, El mal querer, Aunque es de noche, Aute Cuture, Milionària, A Palé, Dios nos libre del dinero, and Juro Qué.
Rosalía Vila Tobella
Sant Esteve Sesrovires, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
She attended Catalonia School of Music and also trained in flamenco for 8 years under the guidance of Andalusian musician José Miguel “El Chiqui” Vizcaya.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Composer
- Father – José Manuel Vila
- Mother – María Pilar Tobella Aguilera
- Siblings – Pilar (Sister) (Stylist)
She is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
New Flamenco, Alternative R&B, Folk, Hip-Hop, Art-Pop, Urbano, Latin R&B
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Bass Guitar
Universal Music (Former), Sony Music, Columbia Records
5 ft 5¼ in or 165.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rosalía has dated –
- C. Tangana (2016-2018) – Rosalía started dating rapper C. Tangana in 2016. They dated for around 2 years and also collaborated professionally. However, they parted ways in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Rosalía has Galician, Spanish (including Andalusian), and Catalan ancestry.
- Plumped Lips
- Sculpted Nose
Rosalía Vila Tobella has either endorsed or promoted brands like Levi’s, MAC Cosmetics, Nike, and YSL Beauty.
Best Known For
- Her notable contributions to modern flamenco music
- Collaborating with various artists including J Balvin, Pharrell Williams, Travis Scott, Lil Baby, and James Blake
Rosalía released her debut studio album, Los ángeles, on February 10, 2017, via Universal Music Spain.
She made her theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Pain & Glory, in 2019.
First TV Show
Rosalía made her first TV show appearance as a musical guest in the talk-show series, Divendres, in 2017.
Rosalía stays fit by working out and indulging in dance.
Rosalía Favorite Things
- Artists – Travis Scott, James Blake, Lola Flores
- Female Artist-Producers – Kate Bush, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliott, and Björk
Source – Rolling Stone
- She underwent a vocal cords operation at the age of 17.
- She is fond of flamenco music and aspired to be a singer from a very early age.
- At the age of 13, Rosalía started performing at weddings and in restaurants.
- Her single, a flamenco-hip-hop hybrid track titled Malamente, won 2 Latin Grammys in 2018.
- Rosalía is good friends with actress and singer, Solea Morente, and director Pedro Almodóvar.
- Rosalía collaborated with J Balvin on his chart-topping 2018 album titled Vibras.
- She teamed up with a theatrical group, La Fura dels Baus, on a show premiered in Singapore in 2015.
- She has credited Camarón de la Isla, James Blake, and La Niña de los Peines as some of her major musical influences.
- Most of her videos contain flamenco dancers, bullfighters, crucifixes, and statues of the Virgin Mary.
- She is well-versed in Catalan, Spanish, and English.
- She has worked with Catalan producer and musician, Raül Refree.
- In 2020, she appeared in the music video for the song titled WAP by rapper Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion. Kylie Jenner, Normani, Mulatto, Sukihana, and Rubi Rose were also seen in the music video.
- She is a feminist as well as a supporter of the LGBT community. During her performance at Glastonbury on Pride Day, she said, “There are a lot of ways to love and none is better than the other. Raise your glass for love and freedom to love”.
- Her 2nd studio album, El Mal Querer, was released on November 2, 2018, and topped “The 18 Best Albums of 2018” list issued by Rolling Stone (Argentina). It was certified ‘3× Platinum’ by Spain (PROMUSICAE).
- Rosalía teamed up with Billie Eilish in January 2021 to release a new duet titled Lo Vas A Olvidar.
Featured Image by Rosalía / Instagram