|AuronPlay Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|November 5, 1988
AuronPlay is a Spanish YouTuber, social media influencer, and Twitch streamer who is one of the most widely followed social media celebrities not just in Spain but across the world. He mostly creates videos containing satirical commentary on current affairs or on other internet videos for his self-titled YouTube channel which has amassed more than 28 million subscribers, making it the 3rd-most subscribed Youtube channel in all of Spain. AuronPlay is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 10 million followers on Twitter and more than 14 million followers on Instagram. He also posts gaming and other social commentary-based content on Twitch where he has garnered more than 8 million followers, making his account the 6 most-followed Twitch channel in the world.
Raúl Álvarez Genes
Badalona, Catalonia, Spain
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
YouTuber, Social Media Influencer, Twitch Streamer
- Mother – Silvia Genes Arenas
- Siblings – He has an older brother and a younger sister.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
AuronPlay has dated –
- Sara Moledo (2013–2020)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has his right hand covered in tattoos
- Before beginning his social media journey with YouTube in 2006, he had worked at a graphic arts and bookbinding company for almost 9 years.
- His screen name, AuronPlay, comes from Auron, a character in the popular role-playing video game Final Fantasy X.
- In a 2015 interview, he had revealed that he had started making YouTube videos just as a hobby. He used to initially record videos, when he left work, covering his face with a mask to avoid getting identified. He had later dedicated himself to creating and uploading videos full-time after leaving his job as a printing shop worker.
- Later that year, he had faced backlash on social media after uploading a YouTube video where he had mocked the 3rd season of the Spanish reality television series Gran Hermano VIP with the hashtag #GranHermanoVIH, a play on the title of the show and VIH, the Spanish-language acronym for HIV.
- He has published several autobiographical books, the first of which was showcased at the 2016 Madrid Book Fair.
- With fellow Spanish YouTuber Wismichu, he has performed several live shows under the production company YouPlanet. In 2016, the duo had posted a video making prank calls to Spanish firewood companies. It led to a barrage of phone calls to several such companies and a complaint was then lodged by these organizations with the national police of Spain as a consequence.
- In March 2020, at the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Spain, he had donated masks to the Institut Català de la Salut, a part of the Catalan health system. Later that year, he had hosted a live stream to raise funds for the Spanish Federation of Food Banks.
- In June 2019, Nayib Bukele, the president of El Salvador, had named AuronPlay as the country’s minister of YouTube through a presidential decree.
- In 2020, Forbes Spain had included him in their list of the top 100 influencers in Spain for the year.
Featured Image by AuronPlay / Instagram