|Benjamin Bratt Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1963|
Benjamin Bratt is a talented Peruvian-American actor, producer, and activist. He is known for his roles in Bound by Honor, Bright Angel, Demolition Man, Clear and Present Danger, Piñero, Miss Congeniality, Traffic, The Great Raid, and Ride Along 2. He has also done voice roles in animated feature films like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and its sequel, Despicable Me 2, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, and Coco. Benjamin has a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from the University of California in Santa Barbara. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Benjamin George Bratt
San Francisco, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Benjamin Bratt studied at the Lowell High School in San Francisco, California. Later, Benjamin joined the University of California, Santa Barbara and earned a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in 1986.
He then enrolled for a Masters in Fine Arts program at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco but left it for a role in the television film Juarez (1987).
Actor, Producer, Activist
- Father – Peter Bratt Sr. (Sheet Metal Worker)
- Mother – Eldy Bratt (Nurse and Activist)
- Siblings – Peter Bratt (Older Brother). He also has an older sister and 2 younger sisters.
- Others – George Cleveland Bratt (Paternal Grandfather) (Broadway Actor), George Cleveland Bratt (Paternal Great Grandfather), Rosetta Weirich (Paternal Great Grandmother), Wiltrude/Wiltrud Hildner (Paternal Grandmother), Jonathan Augustus Charles Hildner (Paternal Great Grandfather), Barbara R. Goetz (Paternal Great Grandmother)
Benjamin Bratt is managed by –
- Circle of Confusion, Llc., Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Benjamin Bratt has dated –
- Monika McClure (1990-1996) – In 1990, Benjamin started a relationship with documentary filmmaker Monika McClure. The couple dated for about 6 years before separating in 1996.
- Jennifer Esposito (1996-1997) – In 1996, Benjamin began a relationship with actress Jennifer Esposito. However, their relationship lasted only 8 months as they broke up in 1997.
- Julia Roberts (1998-2001) – In 1998, Benjamin began dating actress Julia Roberts. The couple had a high profile open relationship. They were seen together at every major event, the most notable one being the 2001 Academy Awards ceremony, where Julia won the Academy Award for “Best Actress”. But, sadly their relationship took a toll in regards to their career choice and starting a family, and they separated 4 months after Julia’s Academy win in 2001.
- Talisa Soto (2002-Present) – In 2002, Benjamin began dating actress Talisa Soto. The couple first met during the auditioning of Blood in Blood Out (1993) in 1992 and remained in contact. It was, however, during the filming of Piñero (2001) that they developed a romantic connection. The couple soon tied the knot on April 13, 2002, in San Francisco. They are blessed with 2 children – daughter Sophia Rosalinda Bratt (b. December 6, 2002) and son Mateo Bravery Bratt (b. October 3, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He is of German and English descent on his father’s side and has Indigenous Peruvian Quechua ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Sharp jawline
- Tall height
- Toned physique
Benjamin Bratt has either endorsed or promoted brands like Oakley eye-wear.
Best Known For
- His role in many popular films like Piñero (2001) as Miguel Piñero, Demolition Man (1993) as Alfredo Garcia, The River Wild (1994) as Ranger Johnny, Miss Congeniality (2000) as Eric Matthews, Catwoman (2004) as Tom Lone, Snitch (2013) as Juan Carlos ‘El Topo’ Pintera, and Ride Along 2 (2016) as Antonio Pope
- Portraying the role of Detective Rey Curtis on Law & Order (1995-2009)
In 1988, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime-drama film Lovers, Partners & Spies as Estaban.
In 2009, he lent his voice for the character of Manny in the animated adventure comedy film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
First TV Show
In 1988, he made his first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Knightwatch as Tony Maldonado.
In 2003, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor on the comedy series Frasier as Kevin, the Caller.
Benjamin Bratt works out regularly. Previously, he trained under celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak who helped him develop muscular balance for his role as a cop in the film Catwoman (2004). His program was a 25 minutes workout routine to be performed for 5 days a week. His workout consisted of –
- 5 minutes of cardiovascular exercise
- 10 minutes of intense lifting using super-sets
- 5 minutes of abs work
- 5 minutes of cardio
Apart from his workout in the gym, Benjamin likes to surf, play golf, and go hiking.
Benjamin Bratt Favorite Things
- Dish – Puerto Rican
- Restaurant – Vincenti Ristorante
- Highway – Mulholland Highway
Benjamin Bratt Facts
- His parents divorced when he was just 4 years old in September 1967.
- His mother, who was an active Indigenous American activist, took Benjamin and his siblings to participate in the 1969 Native American occupation of Alcatraz.
- While studying in Lowell High School in San Francisco, he joined the Lowell Forensic Society.
- At the University of California in Santa Barbara, he was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- He got the nickname “Scarecrow” in high school because of his thin figure.
- His son Mateo Bravery Bratt weighed 7lb 7oz at birth.
- He is close friends with Sandra Bullock and has worked with her in films like Demolition Man (1993) and Miss Congeniality (2000).
- He takes an active part in the American Indian Movement.
- Benjamin has worked as a producer for The Cleaner (2009), La Mission (2009), and Follow Me Home (1996), among others.
- In March 2022, Bejamin’s wife Talisa Soto revealed that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer in the past. However, she was later found to be cancer-free after undergoing treatment.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Frank Kovalchek / Flickr / CC BY-2.0