José Álvaro Osorio Balvin
J Balvin, El Negocio, The Business, The Businessman
Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
J Balvin went to a good high school in Medellín. In fact, he came to US as part of the school exchange program at the age of 18. As part of the exchange program, he stayed in tiny Oklahoma town.
Singer, songwriter, rapper, and record producer
- Father – José Álvaro Osorio Balvin (Runs Distribution Company)
- Mother – Alba Balvin (Studied Medicine)
- Siblings – Caroline Balvin (Younger Sister)
J Balvin was represented by his father José Álvaro Osorio.
Reggaeton, hip hop
Capitol Latin, Universal Music Group, Infinity Music
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
J Balvin has dated –
- Diana Osorio – J Balvin met Colombian actress Diana Osorio through mutual friends in 2003. Balvin has mostly kept his relationship under the wraps. In 2011, they had broken up as Diana felt the relationship wasn’t moving further ahead. The breakup was amicable with Diana living in his house. However, about two months later, they had reconciled. Moreover, Balvin had finally gone down on the knee and had proposed to his girlfriend. Despite getting engaged, they hadn’t set a wedding date. Due to his inclination to keep his private life away from the spotlight, it is not known whether they are still together.
- Karol G – J Balvin is rumored to be dating Colombian singer Karol G. They often share their pictures on the social media. However, they haven’t confirmed their relationship yet.
Race / Ethnicity
- Ear studs
- Distinct Latino look
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
J Balvin has lucrative endorsement deals with –
- Buchanan’s Whisky
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with leading artists such as Robin Thicke and Maroon 5 for remixes of their songs.
- Being one of the leading proponents of Reggaeton music style.
In May 2010, he released his debut studio album Real.
J Balvin hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2014, Balvin was first seen in the musical series Taking on America as himself.
J Balvin regularly hits the gym to keep his lean body in shape. He lays special focus on weight lifting exercises to tone up his muscles and trains different body parts per day. Additionally, he does a variety of body-weight exercises such as pushups and core work.
J Balvin Favorite Things
- Prized Possession – His dog Enzo
- Most Memorable Christmas Gift – Guitar, which he got from his father as a kid.
- Biggest Indulgence – Clothes
- Superhero – Ironman
- Greatest Fear – Being alone and failure
- Desert Island Album – Cultura Profetica or Anything by The Weeknd
Source – Billboard
J Balvin Facts
- In August 2016, he was involved in an accident as the small plane, he was traveling in from The Bahamas crashed after taking off. He escaped the accident without any serious injury.
- Due to an immense pressure of being a popular singer, he has struggled with anxiety and depression problems. He also has had to endure panic attacks.
- In 2012, he checked into relaxation retreat in Thailand to deal with his mental problems. He underwent therapy and meditation sessions there.
- Due to his family’s precarious financial position, he used to sell stuff including t-shirts and candies just after school in his late teens before going to the US on an exchange program.
- During his student exchange stay, he was practically kidnapped by the woman who was hosting him. She took away his passport, barred him from using the internet and asked his high school not to allow him to use computers.
- During his struggling days in Miami, he used to paint houses during the day to keep himself financially afloat.
- He started his music career in Medellin by selling his music CDs on the streets. He used to burn CDs on his own and paste his homemade stickers on it.
- He fired his father from the position of his manager after he forced Balvin to perform at the concert despite him suffering from panic and anxiety attacks.
- Visit his official website @ jbalvin.com.
- Follow J Balvin on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, Google+, and iTunes.