|Ed Sheeran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1991|
Ed Sheeran is an English singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, actor, and businessman who rose to fame through YouTube and has since released popular albums and songs like Thinking Out Loud, Photograph, +, Castle on the Hill, Shape of You, Best Part of Me (featuring Yebba), Perfect, South of the Border (featuring Camila Cabello and Cardi B), I Don’t Care (with Justin Bieber), and Happier. He is one of the world’s best-selling music artists and the Official Charts Company named him the artist of the decade in December 2019, with the most combined success in the UK album and singles charts in the 2010s.
Edward Christopher Sheeran
Halifax, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Ed attended Thomas Mills High School in Suffolk, England. He later studied Artist Development with Access to Music, a UK-based independent training provider which specialized in industry-focused popular music and creative education.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Musician, Actor, Businessman
- Father – John Sheeran (Art curator and Lecturer)
- Mother – Imogen Lock (Jewellery Designer)
- Siblings – Matthew Sheeran (Older Brother) (Classical Composer)
- Others – William Murray “Bill” Sheeran (Paternal Grandfather), Anne/Ann Nancy Mulligan (Paternal Grandmother), Stephen P. Lock (Maternal Grandfather), Shirley G. Walker (Maternal Grandmother)
Ed has been represented by –
- Stuart Camp of Rocket Music
- Grumpy Old Management Ltd., Music Artist Management Company, United Kingdom
Acoustic, grime, pop, folk, hip hop
Vocals, BOSS Loop Pedal RC-30, guitar, percussion, piano
Asylum, Atlantic, Elektra Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ed has dated –
- Nina Nesbitt – He was romantically involved with Scottish singer and songwriter Nina Nesbitt in the past.
- Taylor Swift (2013) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift in the year 2013.
- Ellie Goulding (2013) – Ed Sheeran had a fling with Ellie when they both were seen holding hands of each other during MTV’s Video Music Awards 2013 nearing August 2013.
- Athina Andrelos (2014-2015) – Ed Sheeran started dating food stylist manager Athina Andrelos in January 2014. She was the inspiration For Ed’s song “Thinking Out Loud.” The couple dated for a year before calling it quits in February 2015.
- Barbara Palvin (2015) – In March 2015, Ed was RUMORed to have had a fling with Hungarian model, Barbara Palvin.
- Nicole Scherzinger (2015) – In August 2015, American singer, Nicole Scherzinger was RUMORed to be dating Sheeran. Nicole, who is a former The X Factor judge became friends with him when she expressed that his music helped her to recover from her breakup from Lewis Hamilton. She is around 13 years his senior.
- Cherry Seaborn (2015-Present) – In the summer of 2015, Ed started dating risk advisory consultant Cherry Seaborn. They had known each other since their high school time (specifically when Ed was 11). After dating for more than 2 years, they got engaged in January 2018 and got married in January 2019. On August 12, 2020, it was revealed that the couple was expecting their first child together. On September 1, 2020, they announced the birth of their daughter, Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, and Manx (Isle of Man) descent.
- Fire red hair
- Round face
- Untidy or messy hair
Ed has appeared in Beats Solo2 commercial.
Best Known For
His singing skills, debut single “The A Team”, and debut album +, released in 2011.
Ed released his debut studio album + on September 9, 2011, by Asylum Records and Atlantic Records. The album received the status of 6x Platinum in England and Ireland, 4x Platinum in Australia, etc.
Ed had shed his clothes off to do a shoot for Elton John. For that, he lost a huge 19 kilos (3 stones) of weight. He needed to hire a personal trainer for that.
Ed Sheeran Favorite Things
- 1D Member – Harry Styles
Source – People.com
Ed Sheeran Tattoos
- In August 2015, Ed got an enormous colorful lion tattooed on his chest.
- He also has a tattoo of a tree on his arm, a teddy bear on his right bicep, as well as a koala, and a snowflake on his left forearm.
- In 2015, during an episode of The Late Late Show, Ed revealed his tattoo that reads “Kool Guy”, which was designed by John Mayer.
- Ed has 3 boxing gloves tattooed on his arm, which represent his first 3 sold-out shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- In a March 2021 Instagram post, he revealed a new tattoo that was shaped like a No. 1 finger. He got the tattoo as a tribute to Melbourne-based music industry icon Michael Gudinski, who passed away on March 1, 2021.
Ed Sheeran Facts
- He owns a farm in Framlingham, Suffolk, England.
- Ed has a travel guitar LX1E signature guitar.
- Are you Sheerios? Yes, Ed Sheeran fans are called Sheerios.
- He has done a gig in the past in Bristol (in South West England) to raise money for street sex workers. In this complete event, he was able to collect £40,000.
- He started singing at the local church choir at the age of 4. He also learned to play guitar himself.
- His brother Matthew is a postgraduate music student.
- He was not lonely during school. He had a school-time girlfriend (of 4 years) with him in 2012 during his + tour.
- Redhead Sheeran has a big crush on another redhead Emma Stone.
- He changed his Instagram profile picture to a message of support for the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020.
- With $64 million in earnings, he was the 23rd highest-paid celebrity of 2020 as per Forbes.
- In December 2020, Ed Sheeran released a new song titled ‘Afterglow’. This was the first song since 2019.
- In June 2021, he released a new song titled Bad Habits from his 5th studio album, = (Equals). In August 2021, he released another song titled Visiting Hours from the album.
- He is good friends with Courtney Cox. Every time he visits Los Angeles, he stays at her home. He even often plays a prank on Courtney by ordering an S&M leather gimp mask online in her name whenever he is at her place.
- In September 2021, he released the music video of his new song, Shivers.
- In October 2021, Ed joined The Voice as a mega mentor.
- In October 2021, it was revealed that Ed and his 15-month old daughter Lyra had been tested positive for COVID-19. In November 2021, they were released from the COVID-19 quarantine.
- In October 2021, he released his new album titled = (Equals). In the same month, he also released the music video of his new song, Overpass Graffiti. In November 2021, his album = (Equals) earned the #1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.
- While growing up, Ed thought that he was gay because he wasn’t into stereotypically masculine things.
- In November 2021, he revealed on Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard that he avoid using public urinals as people try to use the toilet next to him.
- Ed once met Kit Harington and Richard Madden in the urinal.
- In November 2021, Ed won the award for “Icon for Music” at the 2021 GQ Men of Year Awards.
- In December 2021, Ed collaborated with Elton John for a new song titled Merry Christmas.