|Kit Harington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1986|
Christopher Catesby Harington
Harington attended Southfield Primary School from 1992 to 1998. From 1998 to 2003, he attended. Kit learnt theatre and drama from Worcester Sixth Form College from 2003 to 2005. Finally, in 2008, he graduated from Central School of Speech and Drama.
- Father – David Richard Harington (Book Store owner)
- Mother – Deborah Jane Catesby (Playwright)
- Siblings – John Harington (Brother)
- Others – Lavender Cecilia Denny (Paternal grandmother)
His portfolio is managed by United Agents.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harington dated –
- Rose Leslie (2011-Present) – Kit started dating the Scottish actress, Rose in 2011. Both of them have appeared on-screen (in the TV series Game of Thrones) and the relationship started off-screen in 2011. They dated for about three years until October 2014. This has been an ON-OFF relationship as they reconciled later and got engaged in March 2016. They got married on June 23, 2018, and in September 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. In February 2021, it was revealed that they had already welcomed a baby boy.
- Rachel McAdams (2013) – While working on a movie, he was seen hanging out with actress Rachel McAdams around March 2013. The relationship is a rumor as they didn’t confirm it.
- Grazi Massafera (2016) – Kit had a fling with Grazi Massafera in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Playing the role of Jon Snow in the TV series Game of Thrones. Jon Snow is one of the main protagonists in this TV series.
Kit starred in 2012 Canadian-French 3D horror film Silent Hill: Revelation 3D for his role as Vincent.
First TV Show
Harington is performing the role of Jon Snow (one of the main protagonists) in American fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones since 2011.
To learn sword fighting better and to polish his skills, he opted for a personal trainer, who helped him in this. The trainer used to come for three times a week. Kit made himself better and more comfortable to deal with swords with the passage of time.
Kit Harington Favorite Things
- Movie – The Shining (1980)
Source – BuzzFeed.com
Kit Harington Facts
- He had expressed his desire to become a journalist. If Kit was not an actor, he would have been either a journalist, or a cameraman, or a war correspondent.
- His real name is Christopher. But, everyone calls him by the name “Kit”. He himself revealed in an interview that he is called by the name of “Kit” since day one and that he came to know about his real name when he was 11 (when he wrote his name as “Kit Harington” on test papers and he was told that he is “Christopher Harington” and not Kit).
- Kit’s ideal first date would include dinner and wine.
- He is a big fan of David Lynch (filmmaker).
- He is weak at playing video games and easily gets terrified when he plays them. He played Doom and got frightened.
- Before Game of Thrones, he always had short hair.
- Harington feels scared when he flies.
- He is a fan of horror movies. He is always ready to do one.
- Public transport is not for Kit Harington. He says that if he boards on a Subway train, he instead always ends up in Brooklyn.
- Kit’s foot was in a cast during most of the time in season 3 of Game of Thrones. So, he also had to take the help of a body double.
- Some of the ancestors of Harington include Sir Richard Harington (paternal great-grandfather), Henry Dundas (politician), Sir William Molesworth (MP), and Sir Nicholas John Harington (uncle).
- He is not on the social networking site Twitter. He does not like to do it in his free time. He is also afraid of it.