|Kit Harington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1986|
Kit Harington is an English actor, voiceover artist, writer, theatre actor, and producer who gained popularity with his performance as Jon Snow in the HBO epic fantasy television series Game of Thrones (2011–2019). This role brought him international recognition and several accolades including a Golden Globe Award nomination for “Best Actor – Television Series Drama” in 2019 and two Primetime Emmy Award nominations for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” in 2016 and “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series” in 2019. He has also been cast in other shows and movies like The Death & Life of John F. Donovan, Gunpowder, How to Train Your Dragon 2, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Pompeii, Testament of Youth, Seventh Son, and Friends.
Christopher Catesby Harington
Acton, West London, England, United Kingdom
Canonbury, London, England, United Kingdom
Harington attended Southfield Primary School from 1992 to 1998. From 1998 to 2003, he attended. Kit learned theatre and drama from Worcester Sixth Form College from 2003 to 2005. Finally, in 2008, he graduated from the Central School of Speech and Drama.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Theatre Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – David Richard Harington (Book Store owner)
- Mother – Deborah Jane Catesby (Playwright)
- Siblings – John Harington (Brother)
- Others – John Charles Dundas Harington (Paternal Grandfather), Lavender Cecilia Denny (Paternal Grandmother), Maurice William Catesby (Maternal Grandfather), Philippa Mary Evans (Maternal Grandmother)
His portfolio has been managed by United Agents Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harington has dated –
- Olga Vlasova – RUMOR
- Anna Cyzon (2011) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Polish-Canadian recording artist and actress Anna Cyzon in March 2011.
- Rose Leslie (2011-Present) – Kit started dating the Scottish actress, Rose in 2011. Both of them have appeared on-screen (in the TV series Game of Thrones) and the relationship started off-screen in 2011. They dated for about three years until October 2014. This has been an ON-OFF relationship as they reconciled later and got engaged in March 2016. They got married on June 23, 2018, and in September 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child together. In February 2021, it was revealed that they had already welcomed a baby boy. In February 2023, during an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Kit announced that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In July 2023, they were blessed with a baby girl.
- Rachel McAdams (2013) – While working on a movie, he was seen hanging out with actress Rachel McAdams around March 2013. The relationship is a rumor as they didn’t confirm it.
- Grazi Massafera (2016) – Kit had a fling with Grazi Massafera in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Kit Harington is of English, Scottish, Northern Irish, Welsh, Dutch, Spanish, German, French, and European Royal descent.
Best Known For
Playing the role of Jon Snow in the TV series Game of Thrones. Jon Snow is one of the main protagonists in this TV series.
Kit starred in 2012 Canadian-French 3D horror film Silent Hill: Revelation 3D for his role as Vincent.
First TV Show
Harington is performing the role of Jon Snow (one of the main protagonists) in American fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones since 2011.
To learn sword fighting better and to polish his skills, he opted for a personal trainer, who helped him in this. The trainer used to come three times a week. Kit made himself better and more comfortable dealing with swords with the passage of time.
Kit Harington Favorite Things
- Movie – The Shining (1980)
Source – BuzzFeed.com
Kit Harington Facts
- He had expressed his desire to become a journalist. If Kit were not an actor, he would have been either a journalist, or a cameraman, or a war correspondent.
- His real name is Christopher but everyone calls him by the name “Kit”. He himself revealed in an interview that he is called by the name of “Kit” since day one and that he came to know about his real name when he was 11 (when he wrote his name as “Kit Harington” on test papers and he was told that he is “Christopher Harington” and not Kit).
- Kit’s ideal first date would include dinner and wine.
- He is a big fan of David Lynch (filmmaker).
- He is weak at playing video games and easily gets terrified when he plays them. He played Doom and got frightened.
- Before Game of Thrones, he always had short hair.
- Harington feels scared when he flies.
- He is a fan of horror movies. He is always ready to do one.
- Public transport is not for Kit Harington. He says that if he boards on a Subway train, he instead always ends up in Brooklyn.
- Kit’s foot was in a cast during most of the time in season 3 of Game of Thrones. So, he also had to take the help of a body double.
- His theatre credits include playing Albert Narracott in War Horse at Royal National Theatre and New London Theatre between 2008 and 2009, Faustus in Doctor Faustus at Duke of York’s Theatre in 2016, and Austin in True West at Vaudeville Theatre from 2108 to 2019.
- Some of the ancestors of Harington include Sir Richard Harington (paternal great-grandfather), Henry Dundas (politician), Sir William Molesworth (MP), and Sir Nicholas John Harington (uncle).
- In 2019, Kit checked into a rehab facility in Connecticut for stress and alcohol.
- For his 2021 movie Eternals, he had to google his character after getting cast. He was simply told that this is the one who he would be playing. He then realized that his Eternals character was a lot like his Game of Thrones character Jon Snow.
- He is not on the social networking site Twitter. He does not like to do it in his free time. He is also afraid of it.