|Princess Eugenie of York Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1990|
Princess Eugenie of York is the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. She, along with her sister, do not make public appearances on behalf of the royal family but rather uses her royal standing to support many charitable causes. She is also known for her bold and trendy fashion choices and for breaking away from the traditional conformity that the female members of the royal family are expected to abide by. Her wedding to long-time partner Jack Brooksbank took place in 2018 with much fanfare.
Eugenie Victoria Helena
London, England, United Kingdom
Kensington Palace, London, England, United Kingdom
Princess Eugenie attended Winkfield Montessori from 1992 to 1993. For the next 3 years, she was a student at the Upton House School in Windsor along with her sister Beatrice. The time from 1995 to 2001 saw her studying at Coworth Park School. Later, she attended St. George’s School, near Windsor Castle until 2003.
She went on to attend the Marlborough College in Wiltshire and graduated in 2008. After a gap year, she resumed her education in 2009 and attended Newcastle University. While there, she studied Art History, English Literature, and Politics. She graduated in 2012 by earning a 2:1 in English literature and history of art.
Royalty, Benefit auctions manager, Art gallery director
- Father – Prince Andrew, Duke of York
- Mother – Sarah Ferguson
- Siblings – Princess Beatrice of York (Older Sister)
- Others – Queen Elizabeth II (Paternal Grandmother), Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (Paternal Grandfather), Ronald Ferguson (Maternal Grandfather), Susan Barrantes (Maternal Grandmother), Prince Charles (Paternal Uncle) Camilla Parker Bowles (Paternal Aunt) (Charles’ wife), Princess Diana (Paternal Aunt) (Charles’ ex-wife) (Died 1997), Prince William (Older Cousin Brother), Kate Middleton (Sister-in-law) (William’s Wife), Prince George (Nephew), Princess Charlotte (Niece), Prince Louis (Nephew), Prince Harry (Older Cousin Brother), Meghan Markle (Sister-in-law) (Harry’s Wife), Princess Anne (Paternal Aunt), Timothy Laurence (Uncle) (Princess Anne’s Husband), Zara Tindall (Older Cousin Sister), Peter Phillips (Older Cousin Brother), Prince Edward (Paternal Uncle), Countess Sophie (Paternal Aunt) (Edward’s Wife), Lady Louise Windsor (Younger Cousin Sister), James, Viscount Severn (Younger Cousin Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Princess Eugenie has dated –
- Hugo Taylor (2008) – In 2008, when Princess Eugenie took a gap year from her studies, she fell for British TV personality Hugo Taylor. The two ran in the same social circles and soon enough were seen making out at nightclubs around town. Their relationship raised eyebrows as Taylor was famous for his womanizing ways. But the two couldn’t make it past a couple of months and their romance ended just as soon as it began.
- Jack Brooksbank (2010-Present) – Princess Eugenie and businessman Jack Brooksbank started dating in May 2010. Jack is the brand ambassador of Casamigos tequila, founded by George Clooney. They were introduced by common friends in Verbier in Switzerland, where Brooksbank was working and she was on a ski break. He proposed to her while holidaying in Nicaragua and they worked on the design of the ring together which was finalized to a salmon-pink sapphire, set on a gold band with a halo of diamonds and 2 further diamonds on the shoulders. Jack confirmed in a TV interview that he had asked her father’s permission beforehand to marry her. On January 22, 2018, the Duke of York’s office at Buckingham Palace officially announced the couple’s engagement news. In April 2018, the couple moved base to Ivy Cottage in Kensington Palace. Their wedding took place on October 12, 2018, at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. Her sister Princess Beatrice was her maid of honor. On September 25, 2020, it was announced that the couple was expecting their first child. The couple welcomed a baby boy named August Philip Hawke Brooksbank on February 9, 2021, at the Portland Hospital in London. In January 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Scar on her back from the surgery for scoliosis
Best Known For
Being 9th in line of succession to the British throne, after her older sister Princess Beatrice.
First TV Show
In April 2011, she made her first TV show appearance on the talk show Today in the Today at the Royal Wedding episode as herself.
In 2016, Princess Eugenie shared her workout routine which consisted of running in the park every morning from 7 to 8 AM. She also indulged in doing circuits like burpees, squat jumps, and lunges. She was also a regular at the Grace Belgravia, which is a women-only gym in West London.
She had also taken a healthier approach to eating by choosing healthier places to eat at. Her lunch usually involved eating from Detox Kitchen at Kingly Court for its healthy food options. Occasionally, she would indulge herself with Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. Dinner meant cooking herself or ordering from Basilico Pizza.
She would also welcome cheat days where she would gorge on French fries, diet coke, and cashew nuts with mustard. She would keep herself hydrated by drinking everything from green tea, coffee, fizzy water, and diet coke.
Princess Eugenie of York Favorite Things
- Restaurants In London – Bocca di Lupo, The Palomar
- Drink – Vodka soda with lots of lime
Source – Harper’s Bazaar
Princess Eugenie of York Facts
- Princess Eugenie was named after the Queen of Spain, Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg and Princess Helena, the daughter and granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
- Her parents got divorced when she was 6 years old. As a child, she spent her holidays traveling abroad with one or both of her parents, who split up amicably. In the 2008 issue of Tatler magazine, she described her parents as “the best-divorced couple” she knew.
- As a 12-year-old, Princess Eugenie underwent back surgery to correct her scoliosis. She was treated at London’s Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital where two 12-inch titanium rods were inserted in her back. She made a full recovery and did not have to undergo follow-up procedures.
- After completing her education, she moved to New York City in 2013 and worked for the online auction firm Paddle8 as a benefit auctions manager for a year.
- On December 23, 1990, Princess Eugenie was baptized at the St. Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham by the Bishop of Norwich. She became the first royal baby to have a public christening as well as the only grandchild of Queen Elizabeth to not be baptized in the Lily Font.
- She is connected with various charities like the Teenage Cancer Trust and Children in Crisis. As of 2018, she was serving as an ambassador of Children in Crisis.
- She does not generally make public appearances and her first solo public engagement took place in 2008 where she opened a Teenage Cancer Trust’s unit for young cancer patients in Leeds.
- She created a limited edition charity bracelet in 2014, by collaborating with Daisy London Jewellery, to benefit the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital’s appeal.
- She came together with her mother and sister in 2016 and collaborated with British contemporary artist Teddy M for a first-of-its-kind Royal Graffiti. The painting titled Royal Love was sold for a 5-figure sum with the proceeds going to her charity of choice Children in Crisis.
- In October 2016, media reports suggested that there was an ongoing rift between Prince Andrew and Prince Charles regarding the future roles of the former’s daughters Beatrice and Eugenie. However, the Duke of York refuted these claims as a complete fabrication.
- A few days after her much-publicized wedding, the news of Meghan and Harry expecting their first child broke out. It led many to speculate that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their big news to the royal family at Eugenie’s wedding.
- In the BBC One documentary, Prince Philip: The Royal Family Remembers, Eugenie revealed that Prince Philip gifted her and Jack Brooksbank a painting of a bunch of flowers as a wedding gift, which he painted himself.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by GuitarStrummer / Flickr / CC BY 2.0