Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
Hamilton, Billion Dollar Man
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England, UK
Monaco, Monte Carlo
Lewis went to The John Henry Newman School in his hometown Stevenage. In 2001, British star enrolled himself into the Cambridge Arts & Science College where he stayed until 2002 when he decided to quit his schooling so he can completely focus on his racing career.
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Anthony Hamilton
- Mother – Carmen Larbalestier
- Siblings – Nicola Lockhart (Half Sister), Samantha Lockhart (Half Sister), Nicolas Hamilton (Half Brother) (Professional Racing Driver)
Hamilton is signed with Mercedes AMG Petronas F1.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lewis Hamilton dated –
- Cemre Mirel – Lewis had a fling with Turkish model Cemre Mirel in the past.
- Danielle Llyod (2002) – In 2002, Hamilton spent 6 months in a relationship with the British model Danielle O’Hara.
- Jodia Ma (2003-2007) – In 2003, Lewis started dating the Hong Kong girl Jodia Ma. They met while studying at the Cambridge Arts and Science College. Their romance lasted for 4 years until 2007 when they parted ways.
- Lotta Hintsa (2006) – In 2006, Hamilton was in a brief relationship with the Finnish model Lotta Hintsa.
- Sarah Ojjeh (2007) – In 2007, Lewis had a fling with Sarah Ojjeh, who is the daughter of part-owner of the racing team and Lewis’s sponsor Tag Heuer.
- Vivian Burkhardt (2008) – Hamilton dated the Grenadian model Vivian Burkhardt for two months in 2008.
- Nicole Scherzinger (2008-2015) – Lewis met the beautiful American singer Nicole Scherzinger at the 2007 European Music Awards in Munich, Germany. They started dating almost a year after in June 2008. However, because of their busy careers, both Nicole and Lewis decided to split which officially happened in 2011. After numerous attempts to get their relationship back, Scherzinger and Hamilton again split up on February 4, 2015.
- Gigi Hadid (2015; 2018) – In May 2015, model Gigi Hadid and Lewis had a fling after they met during amFAR Gala Cannes 2015. Later, in March 2018, after she split with Zayn Malik, Lewis reportedly started sending her flirty text messages.
- Janelle Monae (2015) – American singer Janelle Monae and Hamilton briefly dated in 2015 when they were seen together in Paris.
- Kendall Jenner (2015) – After Lewis met the American model Kendall Jenner at the F1 Grand Prix in Monaco in 2015, there were RUMORs about an encounter between these two.
- Rihanna (2015) – In 2015, Hamilton had a fling with the popular Barbadian singer Rihanna.
- Petra Nemcova (2016) – In April 2016, Lewis was RUMORed to have had a fling with Czech model Petra Nemcova whom he met during the filming of the 2015 Mercedes commercial.
- Barbara Palvin (2016) – In May 2016, Lewis was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Hungarian model Barbara Palvin.
- Winnie Harlow (2016) – Canadian vitiligo model Winnie Harlow and Lewis dated for about 3 months from July 2016 to September 2016.
- Justine Skye (2017) – Lewis was romantically linked with American singer and model, Justine Skye in 2017 after they were spotted partying together at the 1 OAK nightclub in New York City. Later in the night, they were spotted leaving the nightclub together.
Race / Ethnicity
Hamilton’s mother is white British and his father is black British.
- Short haircut
Lewis Hamilton’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
Hamilton has signed endorsement contracts with IWC, Bombardier, Tag Heuer, Burberry, and L’Oreal Paris.
Lewis has also appeared in numerous TV adverts for Mercedes, Vodafone VIP, Santander, CARJAM TV, Reebok, XTB, etc.
Lewis is a Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
Being one of the best British racing drivers who competed at the highest level. Also, Hamilton is known for being a 2008, 2014 and 2015 Formula One World Champion.
First Grand Prix
On March 18, 2007, Lewis had his debut at the Australian Grand Prix where he finished third behind the Finnish driver Kimi Raikkonen who finished 1st and the Spaniard Fernando Alonso who finished 2nd.
First Championship Trophy
Hamilton won his first Formula One World Championship in 2008. In his last race, he managed to secure the fifth place which was enough despite his biggest rival, Felipe Massa won the race. In the end, Hamilton finished with a total of 98 points in the Championship ranking table, which was 1 point more than Massa who had 97.
As actor, Hamilton lent his voice for his role as Lewis Hamilton in the animated action comedy spy movie Cars 2 in 2011.
However, in the movie Zoolander 2 (2016), for the first time, Lewis acted as “Old and Lame” show attendee #11.
First TV Show
As an actor, Lewis has done a voice-over for the character of Lewis in three episodes of the comedy series Tooned in 2012.
To be a professional F1 Driver and to compete at the highest level is definitely a very risky job. Each driver should be extremely prepared and be capable of enduring the last longing races without losing focus. Driving at high speeds often results in terrible incidents and car crashes. From here comes the importance of being in great physical shape and be able to have as much control as possible over your racing car. Although this sport looks easy, in fact, is really hard. Imagine the energy that one driver has to put in one race in circumstances such as constant pressure, high tempo and without any possibility of leaving his car even once in 2 hours.
Each Formula 1 driver goes through a comprehensive and very intense workout regime which mostly focuses on strengthening the body and developing high levels of conditioning and endurance.
As we said, the workouts used for building a body of an F1 driver are known as HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) which involve doing high-intensity exercises such as Olympic lifting (explosive and high in repetition), Kettlebell exercises, Jump roping, Plyometrics, Medicine ball exercises, boxing for a particular time and others.
We do not know the exact training routine of Lewis, but we found numerous videos on YouTube of him exercising.
You can check them on the following links –
Lewis Hamilton Favorite Things
- Artist – Andy Warhol
- Car – AC Cobra
- Restaurant – Shanghai Blues
- Band – Chaka Demus & Pliers, Natasha Bedingfield, Oasis, 50 Cent, P Diddy, Pharrell Williams
- Clothing Item – TAG Heuer watch
- Music To Drive To – Bob Marley
- Performance Car – Zonda with Mercedes-Benz engine
- Place In The World – Hawaii
Source – Wikipedia, The Guardian, BBC.co.uk, Lewis Hamilton
Lewis Hamilton Facts
- In March 2011, the British star signed a contract with XIX Entertainment, a company run by Simon Fuller. In November 2014, Hamilton refused to extend his deal with XIX Entertainment.
- On February 4, 2008, during a pre-season testing in Catalonia, Spain, a small number of Spanish spectators verbally abused Hamilton by wearing black face paint and black wigs along with a t-shirt with the words “Hamilton’s family” on it. This incident happened after the team’s tensions in 2007 while the Spanish driver Fernando Alonso was part of McLaren’s team. On February 13, 2008, it was announced that FIA (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile) would start a “Race Against Racism” campaign.
- In January 2008, Lewis agreed on signing a new five-year multi-million pound deal with McLaren-Mercedes.
- Because of the rivalry between Hamilton and Alonso, the Spaniard left McLaren on November 2, 2007.
- In 2007, he joined the F1 team McLaren and was partnered with Fernando Alonso who came from the team of Renault.
- He won the GP2 championship in 2005.
- In 2001, Lewis started his car racing career with the British Formula Renault Winter Series.
- Until 2010, Hamilton’s manager was his dad.
- During his karting career, Lewis used a yellow helmet so his dad could know which kart is driven by his son.
- Hamilton started his karting career at the age of eight.
- Lewis’s father worked up to three jobs at the time but still managed to find the time and support his son in all the races he appeared in.
- At the age of six, Hamilton received a go-kart as a Christmas gift from his father.
- In 1991, his father bought him a radio-controlled car.
- At the age of 12, he learned to drive a unicycle.
- His step-brother Nicolas suffers from cerebral palsy.
- At the age of twelve, Lewis moved to his father’s house where he lived with his stepmother Linda and his half-brother Nicolas.
- When he was 5, Hamilton attended karate classes because of the bullying he went through while in school.
- Hamilton’s parents split when he was two years old. After his parents’ separation, he lived with his mother and his two half-sisters.
- His parents first lived in Grenada but shifted to the UK in the 1950s.
- On September 28, 2012, Lewis confirmed that after the 2012 season, he would join Mercedes-Benz works team along with Nico Rosberg, which did happen after he signed a three-year deal in 2013.
- In 2007, Hamilton moved to live in Luins in Vaud canton on Lake Geneva in Switzerland.
- He shifted his residence to Monte Carlo in 2012.
- He is a big supporter of Arsenal F.C.
- Lewis once stated that if he wasn’t an F1 driver, he would have played professional football or cricket.
- In 2009, Hamilton was awarded an MBE (Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) by the Queen of England.
- On December 18, 2007, after driving at 122 mph (196 km/h), Lewis got charged and banned for a month from driving on the streets of France. His car, the Mercedes-Benz CLK was also taken from him.
- He has two unrestored 1967 models of his favorite car AC Cobra, one black, and one red.
- In February 2015, Lewis bought a Ferrari LaFerrari.
- He owns a metallic red and black Bombardier Challenger 600 series private jet with tail plate number G-LCDH.
- He won the 2014 BBC Sports Personality of the Year Award.
- In 2015, he extended his contract with Mercedes for three more years until 2018.
- In 2016 before the season’s first race in Australia, Hamilton was seen using a mobile phone while driving his motorcycle in New Zealand which was against the law.
- Visit his official website @ lewishamilton.com.
- Follow Hamilton on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.