|Young Dro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1979|
Young Dro is an American R&B rapper, songwriter, and soundtrack producer, who is best known for the hit song Yes Sir that came out of his independent album I Got That Dro in 2002. After getting signed to Atlanta-based rapper T.I.‘s record label Grand Hustle, he released a 2nd album Best Thang Smokin’ in August 2006 and was praised for the single Shoulder Lean. Before his 3rd studio album, High Times, that came out on October 15, 2013, he released multiple mixtapes for his audience. The song FBD (F*ck Dat B*tch) from his 3rd album was what truly marked his career since it was the highest rated single since Shoulder Lean. In the summer of 2015, he surprised his audience with his 4th album, Da Reality Show.
D’Juan Montrel Hart
Young Dro, Dro
Bankhead, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
He went to Daniel McLaughlin Therrell High School in Atlanta, Georgia.
Rapper, Songwriter, Soundtrack Producer
Young Dro is represented by Universal Attractions talent agency, New York, United States.
Hip hop, Old-school Hip-hop
- Entertainment One Music
- Real Talk Entertainment
- Atlantic Records
- Grand Hustle Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Young Dro has dated –
- Fantasia Barrino (2007-2008) – He dated Fantasia, a famous American Idol winner, and singer, from August 2007 up until July 2008. It is rumored that Young planned to take the relationship to the next level, and get married, but Fantasia thought it would take a huge toll on her career, and they later broke up.
- Tamika – The relationship with Tamika was away from public’s eye until his song FDB (an acronym for F*ck Dat B*tch) came out on his High Times album in 2013. He said that the song was dedicated to men with baby mommas and that she kept him away from the daughter they have together. However, she publicly said that it was a lie and that even though they live 30 minutes away from each other, he did not come to see his daughter in 2 years, claiming she didn’t forbid the dad-daughter relationship from forming.
- Joseline Hernandez (2016) – It is rumored that the pair started dating after they collaborated on a hit song Rocko – Girls Gone Wild that was uploaded to YouTube on May 27, 2016. The rumor was deepened by the fact that Joseline announced she was pregnant just 2 months later, in July 2016, but didn’t specify what the father’s name was. It was speculated that Young Dro was the father, even though he refused to comment, but was seen at her baby shower for her daughter Bonnie Bella in December 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Young Dro has African-American ancestry.
Short, textured hair
He has endorsed Akoo Clothing brand in 2001.
Best Known For
- Releasing the hit song Yes Sir from the album I Got That Dro (2002)
- Best Thang Smokin’ album that was released in August 2006 and its lead single Shoulder Lean
- Releasing the album High Times on October 15, 2013, under Grand Hustle Records and the highest rated single named FBD (F*ck Dat B*tch)
His first independent album was I Got That Dro, released in 2014 under rapper T.I.’s recording label, Grand Hustle Records.
He made his feature film debut in The Return in 2016.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut as himself on Access Granted in 2006.
Young Dro Favorite Things
- Restaurant – Blue Ivy Restaurant
- Strip Club – Blue Flame, Onyx
- Night Club – Club Crucial
- A Spot In Atlanta – The U Bar
Source – YouTube
Young Dro Facts
- He won the “BET Mobile Hot Ring Award” at the BET Hip Hop Awards event in 2006.
- In 2006, he was nominated at The Ozone Awards event for the “Best Rapper Award” (Georgia) and won.
- Goodie Mob was a rap group that has the biggest influence on him to start a rapping career.
- His best friend, Chris Smith e.g. Daddy Mack, a part of a duo Kris Kross, and his success was also what made him want to rap.
- His 1st independent album, I Got That Dro was created with the help of a local label named Tight 4 Life. The owner of the label was a bass music rapper Raheem the Dream, and Young Dro was known just as Dro at the time.
- The cellular ringtone for Shoulder Lean was sold more than 500,000 times.
- His second album, Best Thang Smokin’, reached the 3rd spot at “US Billboard 200 chart.”
- He had released multiple mixtapes in-between studio albums. Notable ones are Equestrian Dro (February 23, 2011), I Co-Sign Myself (March 17, 2011), Drocabulary (July 8, 2011), We Outchea (January 16, 2012), R.I.P. 2 (I Killed That Sh*t), released on July 24, 2012.
- He collaborated with the record producer Zaytoven on the mixtape Boot Me Up on May 17, 2016.
- Young Dro was arrested at the Georgia Southern University for gun possession, as well as possession of marijuana on school property in August 2016. He was supposed to perform at the Performing Arts Center on the campus as part of the Statesboro Summer Jam. The university claimed his appearance wasn’t scheduled by them at all.
Featured Image by Young Dro / Instagram