|Jonathan Majors Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 7, 1989|
Jonathan Majors is an American actor who came to the limelight after appearing in the independent feature film The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019) as Montgomery Allen, his performance fetching him honors like nominations for “Outstanding Supporting Actor” and “Outstanding Breakthrough Performance, Male” at the Black Reel Awards in 2020. He gained further recognition by playing the part of Atticus Freeman in the HBO TV series Lovecraft Country (2020). He has appeared in several other movies such as Out of Blue (2018) and in numerous television shows including When We Rise (2017).
Jonathan Michael Majors
Lompoc, California, United States
He attended the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. After that, he went to the Yale School of Drama graduating with an MFA in 2016. He is the recipient of the National Society of Arts and Letters (NSAL), National Drama Competition.
- Father – His father was in the Air Force.
- Mother – His mother is a pastor.
- Siblings – Monica (Older Sister), Cameron (Younger Brother) (Has worked at Vandenberg Military Base)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has a daughter from an unidentified woman.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Light beard and mustache
Jonathan Majors Favorite Things
- Big Part Of His Life – Spirituality due to his mother having pursued a master’s degree in Divinity thereby becoming a pastor and teaching him lessons that have got ingrained in him
Source – Pop Sugar
Jonathan Majors Facts
- He has revealed that he actually never had any inclination towards acting. Once after getting into a fight at school in Dallas at the age of 14, he was enrolled in an alternative education program where he first realized his love of performing. He has recalled how he was reading Agatha Christie in the class and he just got into it. Jonathan has added that he had grown up reading the Bible all the time and he had the habit of comparing the different versions and selecting the one he liked the most. He used to love reading and has affirmed to have always possessed an active imagination, and that he would enjoy acting out the scene.
- Jonathan landed his first on-screen role in the TV show When We Rise while he was a student at Yale.
- After graduating from UNCSA and before he began to go to the Yale School of Drama, he had a daughter. He has disclosed that his priority has been to give his daughter the right education on Black history and to make it clear that it is not just “Black history” but the whole American history. Jonathan has considered it important for his daughter to celebrate her Blackness. He has mentioned how she was once frustrated and vexed after seeing that her hair would not fall down and would keep going up and Jonathan had given his fatherly advice over FaceTime. He had explained to her that she has a crown that she has inherited from her wonderful family, that has been the reason why her hair has gone up, cautioning her that some people may try to take it away from her.
Featured Image by Jonathan Majors Fan Page / Instagram