|Jonathan Majors Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|September 7, 1989
Jonathan Majors is an American actor who came to the limelight after appearing in the independent feature film The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019) as Montgomery Allen, his performance fetching him honors like nominations for “Outstanding Supporting Actor” and “Outstanding Breakthrough Performance, Male” at the Black Reel Awards in 2020. He gained further recognition by playing the part of Atticus Freeman in the HBO TV series Lovecraft Country (2020). He has appeared in several other movies such as Out of Blue (2018) and in numerous television shows including When We Rise (2017).
Jonathan Michael Majors
Lompoc, California, United States
He attended the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. After that, he went to the Yale School of Drama graduating with an MFA in 2016. He is the recipient of the National Society of Arts and Letters (NSAL), National Drama Competition.
- Father – His father was in the Air Force.
- Mother – His mother is a pastor.
- Siblings – Monica (Older Sister), Cameron (Younger Brother) (Has worked at Vandenberg Military Base)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan has dated –
- Grace Jabbari – He was in a relationship with Grace Jabbari in the past.
- Meagan Good (2023-Present) – Jonathan’s relationship with actress Meagan Good first came into the spotlight in May 2023 after they were seen together on a movie date at the Alamo Drafthouse in Los Angeles.
NOTE – He has a daughter named Ella from an unidentified woman.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Light beard and mustache
Jonathan Majors Favorite Things
- Big Part Of His Life – Spirituality due to his mother having pursued a master’s degree in Divinity thereby becoming a pastor and teaching him lessons that have got ingrained in him
Source – Pop Sugar
Jonathan Majors Facts
- He has revealed that he actually never had any inclination towards acting. Once after getting into a fight at school in Dallas at the age of 14, he was enrolled in an alternative education program where he first realized his love of performing. He has recalled how he was reading Agatha Christie in the class and he just got into it. Jonathan has added that he had grown up reading the Bible all the time and he had the habit of comparing the different versions and selecting the one he liked the most. He used to love reading and has affirmed to have always possessed an active imagination, and that he would enjoy acting out the scene.
- Jonathan landed his first on-screen role in the TV show When We Rise while he was a student at Yale.
- After graduating from UNCSA and before he began to go to the Yale School of Drama, he had a daughter. He has disclosed that his priority has been to give his daughter the right education on Black history and to make it clear that it is not just “Black history” but the whole American history. Jonathan has considered it important for his daughter to celebrate her Blackness. He has mentioned how she was once frustrated and vexed after seeing that her hair would not fall down and would keep going up and Jonathan had given his fatherly advice over FaceTime. He had explained to her that she has a crown that she has inherited from her wonderful family, that has been the reason why her hair has gone up, cautioning her that some people may try to take it away from her.
- In October 2022, Jonathan graced the cover of the Men’s Health magazine.
- During the 2022 SCAD Savannah Film Festival, Jonathan was honored with the “Spotlight Award”.
- In March 2023, Jonathan was arrested in New York City after being accused of assaulting a woman. It was late revealed that the woman was his ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari. She allegedly had “visible injuries” and he was accused of “strangulation, harassment, and assault”. Later that month, his defense lawyer claimed that they had evidence that proved that Jonathan was innocent and did not assault her. He was later formally charged with “several counts of assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree.” In June 2023, Jonathan filed a domestic violence complaint against Grace, claiming that she had attacked him during a confrontation on a street corner in Chinatown. He revealed that she had allegedly slapped, scratched, and grabbed at his face, which caused bleeding. In December 2023, he was found guilty of third-degree assault and harassment by a jury in New York. He was also found not guilty of second-degree aggravated harassment and one count of assault. He was later dropped by Marvel Studios after being found guilty in the domestic abuse case.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Jonathan had been dropped by his manager and his publicist following the domestic violence allegations.
- In June 2023, it was reported that Jonathan had been abusive in 2 former relationships. However, his legal team later denied the claims.
- In February 2024, Jonathan was accused of abuse by 2 more women named Emma Duncan and Maura Hooper. Emma claimed that she was emotionally and physically abused by Jonathan, whereas, Maura accused him of emotional abuse.
Featured Image by Jonathan Majors Fan Page / Instagram