|David Carradine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 8, 1936|
|Date of Death||June 3, 2009|
David Carradine was an American actor, director, producer, and musician whose most noteworthy film credits have included Death Race 2000 (1975), Bound for Glory (1976), Thunder and Lightning (1977), Circle of Iron (1978), Kill Bill: Volume 1 (2003), Kill Bill: Volume 2 (2004), etc. Furthermore, he is best remembered for playing the role as Kwai Chang Caine in the television series, Kung Fu (1972-1975).
John Arthur Carradine Jr.
Jack, Mr. Cool, The Barefoot Legend
He was born on December 8, 1936.
He passed away due to accidental asphyxiation, more precisely auto-erotic asphyxiation, in Bangkok, Thailand on June 3, 2009, at the age of 72 years.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actor, Director, Producer, Musician
- Father – John Carradine (Actor)
- Mother – Ardanelle Abigail McCool
- Siblings – Bruce Carradine (Older Half-Brother), Keith Carradine (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor), Christopher Carradine (Younger Half-Brother), Robert Carradine (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor)
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Flute
United Artists Records
David Carradine’s net worth was $500,000 at the time of his death according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Carradine had dated –
- Donna Becht (1960-1968) – The Americana (1981) star married Donna Becht on December 25, 1960. Their daughter Calista Miranda Carradine was born in April 1962. However, their marriage ended in divorce in 1968.
- Barbara Hershey (1968-1975) – David began dating Barbara Hershey in 1968. They welcomed a son named Free ‘Tom’ Carradine (b. 1972), but eventually split up in 1975.
- Season Hubley (1974)
- Linda Gilbert (1976-1983) – Linda Gilbert and David tied the knot on February 2, 1977. She gave birth to their daughter Kansas Anne Carradine on April 19, 1978. Moreover, their marriage lasted only for 6 years until their divorce was finalized on October 4, 1983.
- Gail Jensen (1986-1997) – Gail Jensen became David’s third wife on December 4, 1988. However, they divorced 8 years later on March 1, 1997.
- Marina Anderson (1996-2001) – He wed Marina Anderson on February 20, 1998, after nearly 2 years of dating. But, their marriage only lasted until December 12, 2001.
- Annie Bierman (2004-2009) – On December 26, 2004, he got married to Annie Bierman, who was 24 years younger than her Bound for Glory (1976) star husband. The couple was together until David’s death in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English, German, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, and Dutch descent.
However, his hair had turned ‘Gray’ by the time of his death.
- Gravelly, smoke-burnished voice
- He had tattoos on his lower body.
David Carradine Facts
- He was wrongly assumed to be of Asian descent due to his slightly oriental features, his lifelong fascination with Eastern philosophies, and his work on the popular television series Kung Fu.
- Director Quentin Tarantino had initially approached Warren Beatty for the role of Bill in the Kill Bill film series as he had envisioned the character as a suave James Bond-type of guy. However, it was Beatty who suggested David’s name for the role.
- He was the first actor to have the privilege of being directed by 3 legendary filmmakers: Ingmar Bergman, Martin Scorsese, and Quentin Tarantino.
- In 1984, David had the opportunity to appear alongside his father John Carradine and his half-brothers Keith and Robert Carradine for an episode of The Fall Guy. Moreover, it marked the last time his father appeared with his family on screen.
- He shared his love of the Eastern culture, especially Kung Fu philosophy, in his book Spirit of the Shaolin, which was published in 1991.
Featured Image by Lukeford.net / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.5