|Quentin Tarantino Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Quentin Tarantino is an American film director, producer, writer, and actor who is best known for his work as a director and writer in films like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, From Dusk till Dawn, Jackie Brown, and Grindhouse. He has also directed films like Kill Bill: Volume 1, Kill Bill: Volume 2, Death Proof, The Hateful Eight, Django Unchained, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and many more. During the course of his career, he has been honored with several awards such as the AACTA International Award, Golden Globe Award, Academy Award, BAFTA Award, and Critics’ Choice Movie Award.
Quentin Jerome Tarantino
Quentin Tarantino, Quentin, Q, QT
Knoxville, Tennessee, U.S.
Quentin studied at Narbonne High School in Harbor City, Los Angeles. However, he dropped out of school at the age of 16. He later enrolled in the James Best Theatre Company.
Actor, Director, and Writer
- Father – Tony Tarantino (Actor and Musician)
- Mother – Connie McHugh (Nurse)
- Siblings – Tanya Marie Tarantino (Younger Sister), Ronnajean Tarantino (Younger Sister), Edward James Tarantino (Younger Brother)
- Others – Curtis Zastoupil (Step-Father)
William Morris Endeavor Entertainment manages Quentin Tarantino.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Quentin Tarantino has dated –
- Kathy Griffin (1995) – Comedian and actress Kathy Griffin and Quentin Tarantino dated briefly in the ’90s. Griffin later went on to reveal publicly that the two never slept together because he just wanted to cuddle.
- Mira Sorvino (1996-1998) – Actress Mira Sorvino dated Quentin in 1996. The two dated for nearly two years but later decided to part ways amicably.
- Vivica A. Fox (2002) – Actress Vivica Fox hooked up with Quentin briefly in 2002.
- Sofia Coppola (2003-2004) – After actress Sofia Coppola decided to part with her then-husband Spike Jonez in 2003, she began dating Quentin soon after. The romance didn’t last long, and the two decided to part ways a year later. Quentin clarified that the two remain cordial and have respect for each other.
- Shar Jackson (2005) – Actress Shar Jackson was dating Quentin in 2005.
- Dana Flynn (2006-2009) – Dana Flynn dated Quentin for 3 years from 2006 until they broke up in 2009.
- Nichole Galicia (2012) – Model Nichole who got her first break in Django Unchained, dated Quentin in 2012.
- Daniella Pick (2009-Present) – Israeli singer Daniella met Quentin during the promotion of Inglourious Basterds in Israel. The two hit it off and even walked the red carpet in Los Angeles together. However, their romance was short-lived, and they split since Quentin didn’t want to commit and wanted to focus on his career. Sparks flew in the summer of 2016, and the two reunited and have been together ever since. Quentin popped the question in June 2017, and the couple was engaged. They got married on November 28, 2018. They have a son named Leo (b. February 22, 2020). In February 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. On July 2, 2022, Daniella gave birth to a baby girl.
- Grace Jones (2014) – In February 2014, Jamaican singer Grace Jones and Quentin were rumored to have hooked up with each other.
- Vanessa Ferlito (2014) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Quentin has Cherokee and Irish roots on his mother’s side, whereas, he has Italian ancestry on his father’s side.
Quentin has endorsed the following brands –
- Samsung Note 7
Quentin confessed that currently, he isn’t sure if he believes in the concept of God.
Best Known For
- Directing and writing disrupted narrative films with a revenge-based theme, consisting of unpredictable storylines and extreme violence. He does not prefer casting main-stream actors and instead prefers to cast lesser-known actors.
- Directing and writing the film called Pulp Fiction which released in 1994. It was termed as one of the best movies of modern cinema by audiences and critics.
Quentin made his theatrical film debut (as an actor) in the comedy film My Best Friend’s Birthday in 1987 as Clarence Pool.
First TV Show
Quentin made his television show debut as an Elvis impersonator on the 4th season of the famous comedy-drama series The Golden Girls in 1988.
Quentin Tarantino Favorite Things
- Alfred Hitchcock Movies – Sabotage (1936), Suspicion (1941) and Torn Curtain (1966)
- Screenplay – Le Doulos (1963)
- Director – Howard Hawks
- Horror Movie – Black Christmas (1974)
- Slasher Film – My Bloody Valentine (1981)
- Author – Boris Pasternak
- James Bond Movie – From Russia with Love
Source – IMDb
Quentin Tarantino Facts
- He is friends with Jennifer Beals and Sofia Coppola. He even resided with Jennifer during the production of his first film.
- He was initially offered to be the director for Men in Black and Steam, both of which he turned down.
- He is the owner of the iconic New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles where he saw movies when he was young. To bring the original owners out of debt, he bought the theater and eventually the entire building in December 2007, to prevent it from being demolished and re-developed.
- He has expressed his wish to retire and focus more on writing books based on films, and work in theater as a director.
- After he dropped out of school, he started working in a p*rn theater called Pussycat Theatre in Torrence as an usher.
- He possesses an incredible IQ of 160.
- Ironically, he has been given more acting credits as compared to the direction.
- In 2019, he released his debut novel titled Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: A Novel.
- In November 2021, Miramax had filed a lawsuit against Quentin, accusing him of copyright infringement, for allegedly selling NFTs based on Pulp Fiction.
- In November 2022, Quentin announced that he had decided to retire and revealed that his 10th movie would be his last.
- He is not active on any of the social media sites.
Featured Image by Siebbi / ipernity / CC BY-3.0