|Fantasia Barrino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1984|
Fantasia Barrino is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and author who first came into the spotlight in 2004 when she won the 3rd season of the competition-based singing reality TV series American Idol. She has gone on to release the studio albums titled Free Yourself (2004), Fantasia (2006), Back to Me (2010), Side Effects of You (2013), The Definition of… (2016), Christmas After Midnight (2017), Sketchbook (2019). She was inducted into the ‘North Carolina Music Hall of Fame’ in 2014.
Fantasia Monique Barrino
Bobo, Fantasia Fantastic, Tasia, Baby Patti LaBelle
High Point, North Carolina, United States
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States
Fantasia had attended T. Wingate Andrews High School in her hometown of High Point, North Carolina. She had, however, dropped out after she was s*xually assaulted by a classmate.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author
- Father – Joseph Barrino
- Mother – Diane Barrino
- Siblings – Kassim Vonricco Washington aka Ricco Barrino (Older Brother) (Recording Artist, Songwriter), Joseph Barrino (Brother), Xavier Barrino (Brother)
- Others – Tyquan Vonricco Washington (Nephew) (d. February 13, 2018), Joel ‘JoJo’ Hailey (First Cousin) (Singer), Cedric ‘K-Ci’ Hailey (First Cousin) (Singer), Nathaniel Barrino (Uncle) (Musician), Perry Barrino (Uncle) (Musician), Julius Barrino (Uncle) (Musician), Curtis Barrino (Paternal Grandfather), Madie Medley (Paternal Grandmother), Neil/Neal C. Washington (Maternal Grandfather), Addie Lee Hicks (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by Steven Greener, Manager and Booking Agent, Primary Wave Music, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States.
R&B, Pop, Soul, Hip Hop, Gospel
- J Records
- 19 Recordings Inc.
- RCA Records
- Concord Records
- Rock Soul Inc.
- BMG Rights Management
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Fantasia has dated –
- Brandel Shouse (1998-2003) – Fantasia had started dating Brandel Shouse when she was just 14 years old. 2 years later, she gave birth to a daughter named Zion Quari Barrino (b. August 8, 2001). The couple eventually parted ways in 2003.
- Michael Clayton (2004-2005)
- Jamie Foxx (2006)
- Young Dro (2007–2008)
- Antwaun Cook (2009-2012) – Through her relationship with Antwaun Cook, she has a son named Dallas Xavier Barrino (b. December 13, 2011).
- Kendall Taylor (2014–Present) – Fantasia began dating businessman Kendall Taylor in July 2014 and the couple got married on July 18, 2015. In November 2020, she had announced that the couple was expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Plump lips
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on her left collarbone, left thigh, and right forearm
- Has a mole above her lips
Fantasia Barrino Facts
- She was placed at number 32 in a list of the ‘100 Greatest Women in Music’, compiled by VH1 in 2012.
- It has often been speculated that she has some Hispanic, particularly Cuban, ancestry as Barrino is a common Hispanic name. However, that is untrue as she belongs to one of the African-American families who have lived in North Carolina since at least the mid-1800s.
- Her memoir titled Life Is Not a Fairy Tale was published in 2005 after which her father had sued her for USD 10 million claiming that many allegations made against him in the book were false.
- In August 2010, she had overdosed on aspirin and an unknown sleep-inducing drug.
Featured Image by Fantasia Barrino / Instagram