|Patti LaBelle Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 24, 1944|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Patti LaBelle is an American singer, actress, and businesswoman who rose to fame for her contribution to the all-female group Labelle until they split in 1976. She then went on to earn recognition as a solo music artist with the release of several tracks including You Are My Friend, If Only You Knew, New Attitude, and Stir It Up.
Patricia Louise Holte
Godmother of Soul, Patti, Patsy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Labelle attended John Bartram High School.
Actress, Singer, Businesswoman, Entrepreneur
- Father – Henry Holte (Railway Worker)
- Mother – Bertha Holte (Home maker)
- Siblings – Jacqueline Holte (Sister) (1945-1989), Vivian Holte (Sister) (1932-1975), Claudette Grant (Sister), Barbara Holte (Sister) (1942-1982), Thomas Hogan Jr. (Brother) (b. 1930)
Patti is represented by Pamela Hobson.
R&B, Pop, Gospel, Disco
She has released her music with Epic Records, Philadelphia Int’l Records, MCA Records, Def Soul Classics, Umbrella, Bungalo Records, and Resolution.
In 2021, Patti LaBelle’s net worth was $60 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Patti has dated –
- Michael Franks
- Freddie Jackson
- Keith Sweat
- Jackie Wilson
- Carole Bayer Sager – Rumor
- Otis Williams (1963-1965)
- Armstead Edwards (1968-2003)
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
- Her dramatic soprano, powerful vocal range, and emotive delivery
Patti has appeared in commercials for various brands including Walmart.
Patti LaBelle Favorite Things
- Song – Blueprint 2.1 by Jay-Z, Shirley Horn’s Here’s to Life, Kanye West‘s Late Registration, Yolanda Adams’s Day by Day
Source – Oprah
Patti LaBelle Facts
- Growing up, Patti and her siblings were exposed to an abusive relationship between her parents.
- She was 12 years old when a family friend had sexually molested her.
- As a child, she enjoyed listening to R&B and jazz music.
- Patti had started off performing solo at the Beulah Baptist Church.
- In the past, Patti was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the Apollo Theater Hall of Fame.
- Patti was in high school when she started her first music group called Ordettes in 1960. However, the original members of the group were forced to leave due to family decisions, she was joined by singer Cindy Birdsong, Sarah Dash, and Nona Hendryx.
- Initially, her vocal group was named Patti LaBelle and the Bluebelles. However, the name was later changed to Labelle sometime in the 1970s. The first record label that she signed to was owned by Harold Robinson and it was Robinson who brought about the group’s name Blue Belles.
- Patti and her band members were the first African-American vocal group to be featured on the cover of Rolling Stone in 1975. They were also the first pop group to play at the Metropolitan Opera House.
- She decided to go on a solo career in 1977, after signing with Epic Records.
- Patti was listed on Rolling Stone‘s “100 Greatest Singers” in October 2012.
- She has a dog named Mr. Cuddles.
- Patti had once stated that sometime in the 1960s singer and performer Jackie Wilson had sexually assaulted her while they were at the Brooklyn Fox Theatre.
- As of early June 2021, she and her brother Thomas were the only surviving member of her immediate family as her father had passed away due to emphysema, her sisters Jackie and Vivian died due to lung cancer at the age of 43, and her mother lost her battle to diabetes.
Featured Image By Patti LaBelle / Instagram