|Michael Schumacher Quick Info
|5 ft 8.5 in
|Date of Birth
|January 3, 1969
Michael Schumacher is a retired German racing driver who is well-known for racing in Formula One for the Jordan Grand Prix, Benetton, Ferrari, and Mercedes. With countless wins on numerous events and championships, he has been well-recognized and hailed as one of the greatest Formula One drivers in history. Given his achievements and contributions in the world of race driving, it’s no doubt as to why he was quick to earn an unbeatable reputation in the industry. Schumacher, who has been widely regarded as the greatest of all time, was the only driver in history who won 7 Formula One World Championships, 5 of which he won consecutively.
Schumi, Schuey, Schu, Red Baron, Rain King, Rain Master
Hürth, West Germany
Retired Racing Driver
- Father – Rolf Schumacher (Bricklayer)
- Mother – Elisabeth Schumacher
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Schumacher has dated –
- Corinna Betsch (1995-Present) – Michael Schumacher married Corinna Betsch in August 1995. The couple has 2 children together – a daughter named Gina-Marie who was born on February 20, 1997, and a son named Mick who was born on March 22, 1999.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
- Small Lips
- Thin Eyebrows
Michael Schumacher Facts
- When he was only 4 years old, his father modified his pedal kart by adding a small motorcycle engine. After he crashed his kart into a lamppost, his parents brought him to the karting track at Kerpen-Horrem, where he became the youngest member of the karting club.
- At the age of 6, he won his first club championship.
- His father took on a 2nd job renting and repairing karts to support Schumacher’s racing.
- Before fame and wealth, Schumacher was able to continue racing with the support that he was getting from local businessmen.
- With Germany’s regulation that requires a driver to be at age 14 to obtain a kart license, which was not ideal for him who needed to get a kart license below the given allowable age, Schumacher obtained his license in Luxembourg at the age of 12. In 1993, he finally got his German license which came a year after winning the German Junior Kart Championship.
- From 1984 onwards, he won many German and European kart championships. After he became the German and European kart champion in 1987, he left school and started working as a mechanic. In 1988, he made his single-seat car racing debut by joining the German Formula Ford and Formula König series, two of which he won later.
- In 1989, he signed with Willi Weber’s WTS Formula Three team.
- He made his Formula One debut with the Jordan-Ford team during the 1991 Belgian Grand Prix where he drove a car with number 32 as a replacement to Bertrand Gachot.
- He was well-praised all throughout his career due to his ability to produce fast laps at crucial moments while in a race and the ability to push his car to the very limit for sustained periods.
- In his later years as a Formula One race driver, he was one of the veterans and also served as the president of Grand Prix Driver’s Association.
- In a 2006 FIA survey, he was voted the most popular driver of the season by Formula One fans.
- In December 2013, Michael was involved in a skiing accident while he was with his son Mick in the French Alps. He sustained a serious head injury due to the accident and was later put into a medically induced coma because of traumatic brain injury. In 2014, it was confirmed that Schumacher was “paralyzed and in a wheelchair”. After the accident, he retreated from public life.
- In March 2022, Michael and many others were booked for fraud and criminal conspiracy following a court order as he was linked with being a promoter of an apartment project in Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Michael’s family had decided to file a lawsuit against a German magazine over an article with the former F1 star. The magazine posted an article with a photo of Michael on its front cover, which read “Michael Schumacher, the first interview”. They also claimed that the interview had actual answers from Michael. However, at the end of the article, it was revealed that it was ‘generated by AI’.
Featured Image by Garellfog1 / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0