|Andy Warhol Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1928|
Andy Warhol was an American artist, film director, and producer who was a central figure in the Pop Art movement the emerged in the U.S. during the 1960s. His iconic artworks include Campbell’s Soup Cans, Marilyn Diptych, Mao, Eight Elvises, and several others.
Andy Warhol, Drella
Andy was born on August 6, 1928.
Andy died in his sleep on February 22, 1987, while recovering from gallbladder surgery in New York City. He was 58 years old at that time.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Artist, Film Director, Producer
- Father – Ondrej Warhola
- Mother – Julia Zavacká
- Siblings – Paul Warhola (Older Brother), John Warhola (Older Brother). He had another older sibling who died at a young age.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andy had dated –
- Edward Wallowitch
- Rod La Rod
- John Giorno
- Charles Lisanby
- Billy Name
- Jon Gould
- Jed Johnson
- Danny Williams
- Richard Rheem
Race / Ethnicity
He had Lemko/Rusyn-Slovak ancestry.
He went bald in his early 20s and used to wear platinum blonde wigs.
- Silver-colored wigs
Andy Warhol Facts
- One of his most famous quotes was ‘In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.’
- He created the artwork for The Velvet Underground’s debut album, The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967). The design included a simple banana against a white background which could be peeled off like a sticker.
- Amongst his famous ‘superstars’ were Edie Sedgwick, Nico, Jackie Curtis, etc.
- His avant-garde film, Empire (1964) is a silent film with a static view of the Empire State Building for 8 straight hours. The movie was added to the United States Library of Congress National Film Registry due to its cultural significance.
Featured Image by Mondadori Publishers / Wikimedia / Public Domain