John Clayton Mayer
Bridgeport, Connecticut, U.S.
Fairfield, Connecticut, U.S.
For his junior year, Mayer went to Center for Global Studies at Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk, Connecticut.
At 19, he went to Berklee College of Music in Boston.
Singer, recording artist, music producer
- Father – Richard Mayer (High school principal)
- Mother – Margaret Hoffman (English teacher)
- Siblings – Ben Mayer (Younger Brother), Carl Mayer (Older brother)
John Mayer is signed to
- Atom Factory
- Mick Management
- Creative Artists Agency
Pop, acoustic, blues, country, folk, blue-eyed soul, rock
Vocals, guitar, omnichord, piano, harmonica, percussion
Arista Records, Aware Records, Columbia Records
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
82 kg or 181 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Mayer dated –
- Vanessa Carlton (2002) – In 2002, the singers Vanessa Carlton and John dated each other. He also got some inspiration for some of his songs from Vanessa.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (2002) – John dated actress Jennifer from June 2002 to August 2002.
- Rhona Mitra (2005) – Mayer was romantically linked to English actress, Rhona Mitra in 2005 for a short time.
- Jessica Simpson (2006-2007) – From August 2006 to May 2007, the singers dated each other. Mayer even referred to her as “sexual napalm” during an interview given to Playboy.
- Milana Vayntrub (2007) – For a small time in 2007, John reportedly dated actress Milana Vayntrub. They had also formed a band “Lo-Fi Masters” during this time.
- Minka Kelly (2007-2008) – For about 4 months (from September 2007 to January 2008), Mayer dated actress Minka Kelly. They are still friends.
- Jennifer Aniston (2008-2009) – Actress Jennifer Aniston, who is 9 nearly years older than Mayer and 10 inches shorter dated him for a year from April 2008 to March 2009.
- Scheana Marie (2009) – They were RUMORed to have had a fling in early April 2009. The reality star Scheana first caught his attention while serving him booze at Grand Havana Room in Beverly Hills.
- Reena Hammer (2010) – He had an encounter with English makeup artist, businesswoman, columnist, Reena Hammer in May 2010, when John himself revealed publicly that he had s*x with her.
- Taylor Swift (2010) – The singers John and Taylor met at The Grammy Awards 2009 and had a fling with each other nearing July-August 2010. Swift also wrote a song “Dear John” about him.
- Katy Perry (2012-2015) – From June 2012 to July 2014, singer Katy Perry and John dated ON and OFF.
- Halsey (2018) – In November 2018, singers Halsey and John Mayer were rumored to be dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fender Stratocaster
He has appeared in commercials on Volkswagen, BMW, Hallmark, Apple iPod, Absolut Vodka, Rhapsody, and others.
Due to his father, he considers himself as “Half-Jewish”.
Best Known For
His contributions to the music industry and albums such as Paradise Valley (2013), Born and Raised (2012), and others.
He released his first album Room for Squares on June 5, 2001 in USA via Aware Records and Columbia Records.
It charted at #8 in US Billboard 200, #5 in Australia, #9 in Canada, #6 in New Zealand, etc. He was able to sell 4,484,000 album copies. The album received the certification of 4x Platinum in America, 3x Platinum in Australia, Silver in British.
He has not done any of the films but has appeared in numerous television movies.
First TV Show
In 2008, John guest appeared in the TV series Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! for his role as Tony’s Buddy in an episode titled “Jim and Derrick”.
In 2008, he transformed himself from a chubby boy to a hot muscular 6 ft 3 in hunk. The musician lots of exercising. He worked out 5 days in a week. His exercise regimen included weight training, cardio and Krav Maga (Israeli self-defense technique).
John Mayer Favorite Things
- Own Favorite Song – 3×5 (From the album Room for Squares)
- Movie – Good Will Hunting (1997)
Source – IMDb
John Mayer Facts
- John’s parents divorced on May 27, 2009.
- At 13, he started playing guitar.
- He remains active online and writes his own blog posts rather than using a publicist.
- He used to play clarinet and violin in the past.
- He is the second child in his home (out of a total of three brothers).
- Mayer started a nonprofit organization named “Back to You” in 2002, which aims at raising funds in the area of healthcare, education, arts, and talent development.
- The movie “Back to the Future” (1985) gave Mayer an inspiration to play guitar.
- John is good friends with fellow singers like Kanye West, Alicia Keys, and Justin Timberlake.
- Visit his official website @ johnmayer.com.
- Connect with John on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, and Instagram.