Jessica Ann Simpson
Jess, Jessie, J Simpleton
Abilene, Texas, United States
Jessica attended the same schools as her younger sister, Prairie Creek Elementary School and Richardson North Junior High in Texas.
She later enrolled herself into J. J. Pearce High School in Richardson, Texas. But dropped out after she signed a deal with Columbia Records. But, Jessica was able to earn her GED later.
Singer, songwriter, actress, businesswoman
- Father – Joe Truett Simpson (Former psychologist and now Baptist youth minister)
- Mother – Tina Ann (née Drew) (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Ashlee Simpson (Younger Sister) (Singer, actress)
Simpson sisters Ashlee and Jessica, both are managed by Joe Simpson, their dad.
Pop, dance-pop, electropop, R&B
BMG, Columbia, Epic, Primary Wave
5 ft 3½ or 161 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessica Simpson dated –
- Jensen Ackles (1998) – Actor Jensen dated Simpson in 1998, when Jensen was already in a relationship with the country singer, LeAnn Rimes.
- Nick Lachey (1999-2006) – Former lead singer of the boy band 98 Degrees started dating Jessica in June 1999. She also recorded a duet with him “Where You Are” during that time. After dating ON-OFF for a couple of years, they announced their engagement in February 2002. On October 26, 2002, the couple announced their marriage. She remained a virgin until her marriage, which she proudly announced. The couple separated in December 2005 and filed for divorce, which was finalized on June 30, 2006. They also starred in their own reality show “Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica.”
- Adam Levine (2004-2006) – She was RUMORed to be in a relationship with singer Adam Levine in May 2004, when it was revealed that she cheated on Nick. Again in 2006, the rumors sparked about Jessica and Adam being an item and that they spent a night together at a hotel in Los Angeles. But, their representatives said that they are only friends.
- Fred Durst (2005) – Musician Fred Durst was RUMORed to be getting cozy with Jessica during Hard Rock Cafe 10 year anniversary party in 2005. It was just an encounter.
- Bam Margera (2005) – American professional skateboarder Bam Margera was RUMORed to have had a fling with Jessica in June 2005. Jessica’s rep though called it a rumor. But, Bam admitted to had a fling with her. This also ended Bam’s engagement.
- Dane Cook (2006) – Stand up comedian and actor, Dane Cook and Jessica were RUMORed to be an item when they first met on the set of 2006 movie Employee of the Month. They reportedly dated from April to September 2006.
- John Mayer (2006-2007) – Jessica dated another musician John Mayer. They were linked to each other from August 2006 to May 2007. John also referred to her as “sexual napalm” in an interview given to Playboy magazine.
- Marcus Schenkenberg (2007) – Simpson dated briefly in 2007 with Swedish model Marcus, who is roughly 12 years older than her.
- Tony Romo (2007-2009) – American football quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys of NFL was linked to singer Jessica Simpson from November 2007 to July 2009. She was also blamed for Tony’s poor performance during the play. This gave rise to the term “Jessica jinx”.
- Billy Corgan (2009) – The two singers worked together for a month (November 2009) on a song and their romance rumors started flooding the internet.
- Eric Johnson (2010-Present) – Former American football tight end in the NFL commenced dating Jess in May 2010. The duo engaged the same year on November 11, 2010. She married Eric on October 19, 2013. Before her marriage to Eric, she already gave birth to two children – daughter Maxwell Drew Johnson (b. May 1, 2012) and son Ace Knute Johnson (b. June 30, 2013). In September 2018, it was revealed that she is expecting her third child, a girl.
Race / Ethnicity
She is naturally a brunette, but dyes her hair “blonde”.
Blonde hair and brown eyes
38-25-35 in or 96.5-63.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Jessica appeared in various television commercials. Some of them were with younger sister Ashlee such as Pizza Hut and Liquid Ice breath mints in 2004.
Back in 2001, she appeared in print ads for Redken’s All-Soft with Avocado Oil hair care products.
Release a fragrance line named “Taste” in 2004.
In 2004 again, Jessica was seen in Proactiv skin treatment TV ads, and Macy’s ad with several other celebrities in 2007.
She was featured in Weight Watchers commercial in 2012 and Weight Watchers 360 advert in 2013.
Best Known For
Working on her albums and debut single “I Wanna Love You Forever”.
In November 1999, Jessica released her debut studio album Sweet Kisses under Columbia Records. It charted at #2 in Billboard 200 and received the status of 6x Platinum in America. She was able to sell almost 12 million copies worldwide.
She starred in the 2005 comedy film The Dukes of Hazzard for her role as Daisy Duke.
First TV Show
From 2002 to 2003, Jessica appeared in 3 episodes of Fox’s television period sitcom That ’70s Show for her role as Annette.
Jessica had worked with Harley Pasternak, the celebrity trainer before. After giving birth to her first baby, she lost a remarkable 60 pounds of baby weight. She really had to work hard in terms of exercises and also gave up her food cravings, mostly sugary.
Harley, who is famous for his 5-Factor Fitness Program categorized Jessica’s fitness program into 5 phases.
Phase 1 – Cardio Warm-up
Phase 2 – Upper Body Strength Training
Phase 3 – Lower Body Strength Training
Phase 4 – Core Training
Phase 5 – The Cardio Cool Down
She gave up her favorite food items (listed just below) along with cheese and macaroni.
She was also paid a $3 million paycheck by Weight Watchers, of which she was a spokesperson. She had a pretty fast slimdown, roughly in 6 months. Rather, weight watchers is a slow and steady weight loss plan.
Jessica Simpson Favorite Things
- Food – Sugary foods such as Kraft Mac & Cheese, Cap’n Crunch, Pop-Tarts, Oreo cookies, brownies
- Movie – Pretty Woman (1990)
- Song – Berlin’s “Take My Breath Away”
Jessica Simpson Facts
- She first started singing at a church, where her father was a Baptist minister at that time.
- Jessica remained a virgin until her own marriage.
- Her parents married in 1978 but divorced in 2012 (though it was finalised later in 2013).
- On the occasion of her marriage with Nick Lachey, she wore her wedding gown designed by Vera Wang.
- She cracked the #1 spot in Maxim’s Hot 100 list, long time back in 2004.
- In 2004, she also had Lasik eye surgery to correct her vision and get rid of contact lenses.
- She had also served as a cheerleader in her high school.
- Simpson was offered a role in 2000 rom-com Coyote Ugly, but she declined it.
- She is a Republican.
- Whenever she finds some pennies on the ground, she keeps them in a ziploc bag. Her collection is still ON.
- On her thumb, she wears her grandmother’s wedding ring.
- Every singer has some music idols. Jessica’s are Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Sade, and Whitney Houston.
- She had also endorsed George W. Bush during the elections for the U.S. President in 2004.
- Visit her official website @ jessicasimpson.com.
- Connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, Google+ VEVO, and MySpace.