|Bo Burnham Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1990|
Bo Burnham is a talented American comedian, musician, actor, filmmaker, and poet. He is known for his comedic performances and videos on his YouTube channel earning more than 300 million views. He released his first book of poetry, Egghead: Or, You Can’t Survive on Ideas Alone, in 2013. Bo also released a film based on anxiety titled Eighth Grade which received widespread critical acclaim and accolades, including the Writers Guild of America Award for “Best Original Screenplay” and the Directors Guild of America Award for “Outstanding Directing – First-Time Feature Film”. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Robert Pickering Burnham
Bo, The Tie-Dye Shirt Kid
Hamilton, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Bo Burnham attended St. John’s Preparatory School in Danvers, Massachusetts and graduated in 2008. While in school, he was active in theater and campus ministry program.
Thereafter, with the intention to study experimental theatre, he enrolled in New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts. However, he deferred his admission so he could continue his interest in comedic performances and go on tours.
Comedian, Musician, Actor, Filmmaker, Poet
- Father – Scott Burnham (Construction Company Owner)
- Mother – Patricia Burnham (Hospice Nurse)
- Siblings – Samm Burnham (Older Sister), Pete Burnham (Older Brother)
- Others – Peter Jonathan Burnham (Paternal Grandfather), Gail Alice Tipert (Paternal Grandmother)
Bo Burnham is managed by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Synthesizer
Comedy Central Records
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bo Burnham has dated –
- Lorene Scafaria (2013-Present) – In 2013, Bo began a relationship with screenwriter, playwright, actress, singer, and film director Lorene Scafaria. The couple lives together in Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Irish, and German ancestry.
- Tall figure
- Dimpled smile
- Long chin area
Best Known For
- His comedic performances and videos on his YouTube channel which has garnered more than 300 million views since the upload of the first video in March 2006
- His live comedic shows at selected venues and stand-up comedy special performances on Comedy Central and Netflix. As a popular comedian, Bo has earned more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
On March 10, 2009, he released a self-titled Bo Burnham comedy album with Comedy Central Records.
In 2009, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film Funny People as Yo Teach Cast Member.
First TV Show
In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy musical talk show Last Call with Carson Daly.
In 2016, he debuted as a voice actor by providing a voice for the character Andy Bangs / Additional Voices on the animated adventure comedy film We Bare Bears.
Bo Burnham Favorite Things
- Five Films – One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), George Washington (2000), A Woman Under The Influence (1974), Raw (2016), Fat Girl (2001)
Source – Rotten Tomatoes
Bo Burnham Facts
- While in 8th grade, he acted in the lead role of his middle-school production of “Footloose”.
- He was active in school and was a member of the theatre group, the math league, the student council and played basketball.
- In 2013, he experienced his first panic attack on stage while performing at the opening night of his show “what” at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- He was voted first in the Comedy Central Stand-up Showdown in 2011.
- In 2013, he released his first book of poetry titled Egghead: Or, You Can’t Survive on Ideas Alone.
- In July 2018, he released his feature film Eighth Grade which he also wrote and directed.
- He considers himself to be more of a “theater kid” than a film actor.
- Visit his official website @ www.boburnham.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Jennifer / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0