|Carson Daly Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1973|
Carson Daly started his career by working as a radio host for the San Jose based radio station. He later got his own time slot at radio station KROQ in Los Angeles, which in turn helped him earn a gig to work as a VJ for MTV. In 2002, he got his big breakthrough with the start of his talk show, Last Call with Carson Daly.
Carson Jones Daly
Buddha, The Tool
Santa Monica, California, United States
Carson Daly went to Santa Monica High School and graduated in 1991. Then, he got enrolled at the Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. However, he dropped out of university to focus on a professional golf career.
Talk Show Host, Radio Personality, Television Personality, Producer
- Father – Jim (a.k.a. J.D.) Daly (Car Salesman)
- Mother – Pattie Daly Caruso (TV Personality)
- Siblings – Mark Daly (Brother), Quinn Daly (Sister)
- Others – Albert O. Jones (Maternal Grandfather), Katherine Goodman (Maternal Grandmother)
Carson Daly can be reached through NBC Studios.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carson Daly has dated –
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (1998-1999) – Carson started going out with actress Jennifer Love Hewitt in 1998 after having met during an MTV gig. Their relationship was mostly long distance in nature but it didn’t end well in 1999. Their separation was messy and volatile. They eventually resolved their differences as she made an appearance on Last Call With Carson Daly in 2005.
- Tara Reid (2000-2001) – In early months of 2000, Daly started dating actress Tara Reid. After having dated for just half a year, they got engaged in October 2000. But, they didn’t make it to the aisle and called off their engagement in July 2001.
- Willa Ford (2001-2002) – Daly was first linked with singer and songwriter, Willa Ford, in the last months of 2001. However, as per reports, they didn’t hang out for long and separated in 2002.
- Jaime Pressly (2002) – In March 2002, Daly was reported to be dating actress Jaime Pressly. They were spotted out and about on a couple of occasions.
- Christina Aguilera (2002) – In the summer of 2002, Carson Daly was linked with singer Christina Aguilera. But, it seems this alleged relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Ashlee Simpson (2003) – Daly first met singer and songwriter Ashlee Simpson in July 2003 at entertainment lawyer Paul Schindler’s wedding at the Central Park. The following month, the duo was pictured holding hands in Los Angeles. They were also spotted on a date at Joseph’s Cafe in Los Angeles. But, their relationship didn’t last more than a month.
- Siri Pinter (2005-Present) – Carson Daly started dating food blogger Siri Pinter in 2005. After dating for nearly 8 years, they got engaged in October 2013 and then got married in a lavish ceremony in December 2015. She gave birth to their first child, a son named Jackson James Daly in March 2009. Their first daughter, Etta Jones Daly, was born in September 2012. In March 2014, he revealed that he and his fiance were expecting another child. Soon, she gave birth to a baby girl, London Rose, in August 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Irish ancestry.
- Deep Blue Eyes
- Wide forehead
Carson Daly has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands and products –
- Motorola Cell Phones/Pagers
- Diet Pepsi
He has also been featured in print adverts for Mr. Coffee and America’s Dairy Farmers and Milk Processors (Milk Moustache ‘Got Milk?’).
Best Known For
- Being the host and producer of the popular comedy talk show, Last Call with Carson Daly
- Having served as the host of the singing competition TV show, The Voice
- Being the host of the syndicated radio show, The Daly Download with Carson Daly
In 2001, he made his theatrical film debut in the musical comedy movie, Josie and the Pussycats.
First TV Show
In 1997, Carson Daly made his first TV show appearance in the series, Motel California.
Carson Daly regularly practices Yoga. Not only does it keep him healthy and fit but also the daily yoga practice also helps him deal with his anxiety problem. He tries to find some time in his daily schedule for other exercises as well.
Carson Daly Facts
- Daly has struggled with anxiety and panic attacks. Once, he even had to check in to a hospital fearing that the tightness he felt in his body after an anxiety attack was a heart attack.
- When he was 5 years old, his father passed away due to a bladder cancer. He has revealed in his interviews that this incident served as a starting point for his anxiety issues.
- To tackle his panic and anxiety attacks, he has undertaken cognitive therapy that teaches the model of the anxiety and provides tools to battle it. The muscle retention relaxation has also helped him.
- While studying in high school, Carson was in the school’s golf team. He also played golf in the university.
- At the age of 18, he worked as an intern for Jimmy Kimmel‘s radio show in Palm Springs, California.
- He started his broadcasting career with his show at the radio station KOME in San Jose, California. He was later given the 6-10 PM time slot at KOME’s sister station KROQ.
- His work as a radio host attracted the attention of MTV executives and he was hired as a permanent VJ by the network. Because of his new job, he had to move to New York City.
- In 2002, he earned the biggest breakthrough of his career with his new talk show, Last Call with Carson Daly. In the early couple of years, the show was filmed on the same set which was used by Saturday Night Live.
- He has collaborated with Jonathan Rifkind, Jonathan B. Davis, and Bam Margera to start an independent record label called 456 Enterprise & Entertainment.
- Follow Carson Daly on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.
Featured Image by JD Lasica / Flickr / CC BY 2.0