|Lynda Carter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1951|
Lynda Carter is an American actress, singer, songwriter, model, voiceover artist, producer, and beauty pageant titleholder who is best known for having been cast as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman in the live-action television series Wonder Woman. She was crowned Miss World USA 1972 and finished in the Top 15 at the Miss World 1972 pageant. Over the years, she has played a variety of roles which include Elizabeth Shields in the adventure series Hawkeye, Lorraine Dillon in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as well as Law & Order, U.S. President Olivia Marsdin in the CBS superhero series Supergirl, Carole Stanwyck in the NBC crime drama series Partners in Crime, actress and dancer Rita Hayworth in the made-for-television biographical film Rita Hayworth: The Love Goddess, Lynette in the comedy horror film The Creature of the Sunny Side Up Trailer Park, Zelda in the made-for-television crime drama mystery film A Matter of Wife… and Death, Summer Kirkland in the television sitcom Hope & Faith, and Governor Jessman in the comedy film Super Troopers 2.
Linda Jean Córdova Carter
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Lynda has lived in a gorgeous 20,000 square foot mansion, which is built in the Georgian style in Potomac, Maryland.
Lynda Carter went to the Globe High School in Globe, Arizona. She later got enrolled at the Arcadia High School in Phoenix.
She then got admission to Arizona State University. However, she dropped out of the university to focus on her music career.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Beauty pageant titleholder, Model, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Colby Carter
- Mother – Juanita (née Córdova)
- Siblings – Vincent Carter (Older Brother), Pamela Carter (Older Sister)
- Others – Elijah Vincent Carter (Paternal Grandfather), Doris Moss Slightam (Paternal Grandmother)
Lynda Carter has been represented by Dorit Simone Management & Productions, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Soundtrack, Video Games, Pop, Jazz
Epic Records, Potomac Productions
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $10 Million.
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
As per Lynda, she was previously 5 ft 10 in.
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lynda Carter has dated –
- Ron Samuels (1977-1982) – Lynda and her first husband Ron Samuels, a former talent manager were good friends for a very long time before they got married. It has been alleged that they didn’t get romantically involved until a couple of months before their marriage in 1977. They eventually decided to go separate ways in 1982.
- Robert Altman (1984-2021) – Carter and Robert Altman, who is a well-known lawyer, were introduced to each other by a mutual friend. In January 1984, she got married to him in a lavish wedding ceremony and moved to Washington to live with her new husband. In January 1988, she gave birth to a boy, James. They welcomed a baby girl, Jessica into their family in 1990. The relationship ended in February 2021 due to the sudden death of Robert Altman.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Caucasian and Hispanic)
On her father’s side, she has Scots-Irish, German and English ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of French, Spanish, and Mexican descent.
- Green eyes
- Statuesque figure
She has been wearing a size 11 shoe since 9th grade.
Lynda Carter has served as a spokesmodel for Maybelline cosmetics. Also, she has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Lens Express contact lenses
- Maybelline Moisture Whip Lipstick
- Maybelline Mousse Makeup
- Maybelline Moisture Whip Moisturizer
- Google Chromebook (Her Wonder Woman footage was used)
- Diet 7 Up
Plus, she has been featured in print ads for the following brands –
- Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp
- Diet 7-Up soda
- Maybelline’s Performing Mascara
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Prince / Wonder Woman in the superhero action TV series, Wonder Woman. The show was originally broadcast on ABC and was later aired on CBS as well.
- Having won the Miss World USA beauty pageant in 1972 and finishing as a semi-finalist in the subsequent Miss World competition
In May 1978, she released her debut studio album, Portrait.
In 1976, she made her theatrical film debut in the leading role in the crime drama flick, Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw.
First TV Show
In 1974, Lynda made her first credited TV show appearance in the Roots of Anger episode of the crime drama TV series, Nakia.
However, as per Lynda herself, she made her first TV show appearance by singing on Lew King Rangers show at the age of 4.
Lynda Carter isn’t a fan of gym workout sessions. Instead, she prefers to go for more traditional and relaxing routines to keep herself fit. If the place she is living in rents bikes, she likes to hire one to cruise through the city. Otherwise, she prefers to put on good tennis shoes and walk around.
When it comes to diet, she likes to keep it simple and natural as well. If she is staying in a hotel, she absolutely stays away from snack bars and instead, orders a raw vegetable platter to soothe her hunger.
Lynda Carter Favorite Things
- Cities – Nashville
- Must-Have Travel Necessities – Shampoo, Conditioner, Sunscreen
- Travel Destinations – Myanmar and Tanzania
- Lipstick – Chanel Long Wearing Lipstick #7501, Dior Gloss, and Lipstick Queen in Medieval
- Beauty Peeve – False eyelashes
- Fragrance – Strange Invisible
- Flower – Black Cactus
Lynda Carter Facts
- Lynda had the reputation of performing stunts on her own in the TV series, Wonder Woman. In fact, for the Anschluss ’77 episode of season 2, she opted to hang from a chopper for the stunt.
- While studying in high school, she used to perform in multiple bands. She even joined hands with two of her cousins to start a music band, The Relatives at the age of 17.
- Her first big music gig was to perform for three months for the opening of the music show held at the Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas. As she was still under 21 years of age, she had to sneak in through the kitchen.
- Lynda has done a lot of social activism work for charities and foundations working for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which her mother suffered from.
- She has been a tireless advocate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, which is a not-for-profit organization that works to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer. It is the largest US organization for breast cancer-related causes.
- She is a supporter of the LGBT community and was even hired to work as a Grand Marshall for several Pride parades.
- She annually hosts the Lynda Carter Golf Tournament to raise funds for the charity.
- She is a staunch Democrat party supporter and in the run-up to the 2016 Presidential Elections, she strongly endorsed Hillary Clinton, who also happens to be her good friend.
- She was initially cast in the role of Playboy Playmate Bunny in the 1979 movie, Apocalypse Now. However, the shooting was interrupted by a storm, which resulted in two months break and by the time shooting restarted, she had returned to the US to resume work on Wonder Woman, leading movie producers to delete her scenes and reshoot with Colleen Camp.
- In March 2008, she was placed on the #3 spot on the list featuring Sexiest Women of TV by Wizard magazine.
- In June 2008, while rowing in the Potomac River in Washington, D.C., she found a body floating on the water. She informed some fishermen and waited there till the arrival of police and authorities.
- Once, the International Academy of Beauty and the British Press Organization voted her as the Most Beautiful Woman in the World.
- In 2008, she revealed that she had entered rehab in the past to take care of alcoholism. She also revealed that she had been sober for over a decade. Later, in a 2016 Council on Recovery interview, she stated, “After 18 years of recovery, I live every day with immense gratitude. I am forever thankful for my family and friends who stood by me and encouraged me… and for those who helped me heal.”
- She was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Gracie Awards in 2016
- The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce (HCC) honored her with the 2,632nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on April 3, 2018.
- Since the age of 11, eagle has been her spirit animal.
- Lynda does not cook food.
- She is a tree hugger.
- She is attracted towards fractal maths especially Mandelbrot and Julia sets.
- In her house’s backyard, she has established a hummingbird, honeybee, and butterfly habitat.
- Lynda likes to watch hockey.
- She likes doing puzzles.
- Lynda always takes the cookies if someone offers her.
- After family, music is her first love.
Featured Image by SportSuburban / Flickr / CC BY-2.0