Benjamin Schiff Platt
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ben Platt completed his schooling from the Harvard-Westlake School in 2011.
He then joined the Columbia University for further education. However, he had to put his education temporarily on hold due to his theater commitments.
Film and stage actor
- Father – Marc E. Platt (Film, Television, and Theater Producer)
- Mother – Julie Platt (Singer and Theater Artist)
- Siblings – Jonah Platt (Older Brother) (Actor), Samantha Platt (Sister), Hannah Platt (Sister), Henry Platt (Brother). He has one younger sibling and three older siblings.
- Others – Robert M. Beren (Maternal Grandfather), Joan Schiff (Maternal Grandmother)
Ben is represented by One Entertainment.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm (via Twitter)
69 kg or 152 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ben publicly revealed his sexuality in 2019 through the song “Ease My Mind”. But, his family members were aware of his true sexuality since Ben was 12.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role of Evan in the musical Dear Evan Hansen.
- Portraying the role of Benji Applebaum in musical comedy film series Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2.
In 2012, Ben Platt film appeared in musical comedy film Pitch Perfect in the role of Benji Applebaum.
First TV Show
In 2014, Ben guest appeared in the talk show Show People with Paul Wontorek as himself.
Ben loves SoulCycle and relies on it to remain fit and keep fat off his body.
Ben Platt Favorite Things
- Food – Any type of sushi
- Dance Songs – Anything by Beyoncé, particularly “Countdown” from her album, 4.
- Movie – The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Books – The Harry Potter series
- Greatest Extravagance – Coconut water
- TV Show – Orange is the New Black
- Cappella Group – Pentatonix (Winner of The Sing-Off)
Source – People.com, Buzzfeed.com
Ben Platt Facts
- Platt bagged his first role in professional theater at the age of 9 after his school teacher got him to audition for a production of The Music Man at The Hollywood Bowl.
- His voice teacher asked him to audition for a role in Pitch Perfect. Getting the role in the movie led to the deferment in his admission at Columbia University.
- While studying at the Columbia University, he was a member of a campus Cappella group named Nonsequitur.
- He has a pet dog named Bella.
- Ben is good friends with actress Beanie Feldstein. They first met at a mutual friend’s Bat Mitzvah in Los Angeles, California in 2012. After that meeting, they met again in Los Angeles’s prestigious Harvard-Westlake School and became best friends there.
- At only 19 years old, he became the youngest actor ever to play Elder Cunningham in the musical “The Book of Mormon.”