|Ben Platt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1993|
Ben Platt is an American actor, singer, songwriter, voiceover artist, theatre artist, and producer who started to pursue his passion for acting at an early age and has since been cast in roles such as Payton Hobart in The Politician, Jason Johnson in Drunk Parents, Evan Hansen in Dear Evan Hansen, Benji Applebaum in Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2, Josh in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Daniel in Ricki and the Flash, and Blake in Will & Grace. In addition to that, he has also worked on his talents as a musician and has been a part of several albums and tracks like Sing to Me Instead, Waving Through a Window, Everything I Did to Get to You, Rain, Grow as We Go, and So Will I.
Benjamin Schiff Platt
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ben Platt completed his schooling at the Harvard-Westlake School in 2011.
He then joined Columbia University for further education. However, he had to put his education temporarily on hold due to his theater commitments.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Marc E. Platt (Film, Television, and Theater Producer)
- Mother – Julie Platt (Singer and Theater Artist)
- Siblings – Jonah Platt (Older Brother) (Actor), Samantha Platt (Sister), Hannah Platt (Sister), Henry Platt (Brother). He has one younger sibling and three older siblings.
- Others – Howard Platt (Paternal Grandfather), Sue Ellen Sezzin (Paternal Grandmother), Robert M. Beren (Maternal Grandfather), Joan Schiff (Maternal Grandmother)
Ben has been represented by One Entertainment, Artist Management Company, New York, United States.
Atlantic Recording Corporation
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm (via Twitter)
69 kg or 152 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Benn Platt has dated –
- Noah Galvin (2020-Present) – In early 2020, actors Ben and Noah Galvin started dating each other. They celebrated their 10-monthiversary in November 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Ben publicly revealed his sexuality in 2019 through the song “Ease My Mind”. But, his family members were aware of his true sexuality since Ben was 12.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role of Evan in the musical Dear Evan Hansen. For this role, he won many accolades including Obie Award for “Distinguished Performance by an Actor”, Tony Award for “Best Actor in a Musical”, Lucille Lortel Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Musical”, and Drama League Award for “Distinguished Performance”.
- Portraying the role of Benji Applebaum in the musical comedy film series Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2
He released his debut studio album, Sing to Me Instead, on March 29, 2019, and it was ranked at number #18 on the US Billboard 200 chart, at number #50 on the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart, and at number #57 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart.
In 2012, Ben Platt first appeared in the musical comedy film Pitch Perfect in the role of Benji Applebaum. This role got him nominated for the 2013 Teen Choice Award in the “Choice Movie: Male Scene Stealer” category.
First TV Show
In 2014, Ben guest appeared in the talk show Show People with Paul Wontorek as himself.
Ben loves SoulCycle and relies on it to remain fit and keep fat off his body.
Ben Platt Favorite Things
- Food – Any type of sushi
- Dance Songs – Anything by Beyoncé, particularly “Countdown” from her album, 4.
- Movie – The Wizard of Oz (1939)
- Books – The Harry Potter series
- Greatest Extravagance – Coconut water
- TV Show – Orange is the New Black
- Cappella Group – Pentatonix (Winner of The Sing-Off)
Source – People.com, Buzzfeed.com
Ben Platt Facts
- Platt bagged his first role in professional theater at the age of 9 after his school teacher got him to audition for a production of The Music Man at The Hollywood Bowl.
- His voice teacher asked him to audition for a role in Pitch Perfect. Getting the role in the movie led to the deferment in his admission to Columbia University.
- While studying at Columbia University, he was a member of a campus Cappella group named Nonsequitur.
- He has a pet dog named Bella.
- Ben is good friends with actress Beanie Feldstein. They first met at a mutual friend’s Bat Mitzvah in Los Angeles, California in 2012. After that meeting, they met again in Los Angeles’s prestigious Harvard-Westlake School and became best friends there. Ben and Beanie also went to prom together in high school.
- At only 19 years old, he became the youngest actor ever to play Elder Cunningham in the musical “The Book of Mormon.”
- In November 2020, Ben had revealed via Twitter that he had coronavirus in March 2020 but he recovered within a month.
- In August 2021, Ben released his 2nd studio album titled Reverie.