|Maren Morris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Maren Morris is an American singer, songwriter, and record producer who has released many albums, extended plays, and tracks which include Hero, I Could Use a Love Song, Girl, All That It Takes, Maren Morris, The Middle (with Zedd and Grey), Better Than We Found It, and Seeing Blind (with Niall Horan). In addition to her solo ventures, she has also been a part of the country music group, The Highwomen, along with Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby, and Amanda Shires.
Maren Larae Morris
Arlington, Texas, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Morris completed high school and then attended the University of North Texas.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Gregory Morris
- Mother – Kellie Morris
- Siblings – Karsen Morris (Younger Sister)
- Others – Wayne Gregory Morris (Paternal Grandfather), Annie Rebecca Cayce (Paternal Grandmother), Michael Lynn Pellam (Maternal Grandfather), Vicki Dee Sparks (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed with –
- Red Light Management, Music Artist Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- Sony Music Nashville, Record Label, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Country, Classic Rock, Hip-Hop-Influenced Pop, R&B
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maren Morris has dated –
- Ryan Hurd (2015-Present) – Maren started dating American country singer Ryan Hurd in 2015. Their marriage took place at The Cordelle in Nashville on March 24, 2018. On March 23, 2020, she gave birth to a boy named Hayes Andrew Hurd.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Irish descent.
- Her voice
- Wears nose ring
33-25-32 in or 84-63.5-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Her single titled “My Church” (2016) that topped the Country Digital Songs list
Her first studio album Walk On was released on June 14, 2005, via Mozzi Blozzi. It didn’t rank anywhere on the music charts.
On June 3, 2016, she released her major-label debut studio album, Hero, via Columbia Nashville and it included songs like I Could Use a Love Song, Rich, My Church, Drunk Girls Don’t Cry, and Once. The album topped the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and was ranked at number #5 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at number #14 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart.
As a member of The Highwomen, she released the band’s self-titled debut album on September 6, 2019. The album topped the US Top Country Albums (Billboard) chart and was placed at number #10 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
First TV Show
In an April 2016 episode, she was a musical guest in the news talk-show Good Morning America.
Maren Morris Favorite Things
- Movie – I’ll Be Home For Christmas (1998)
- Singers – Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen
- Role Models – Johnny Cash, The Dixie Chicks, Sheryl Crow, Chaka Khan
- Bands – NSync, The Spice Girls
Source – Twitter.com, Glamour.com, HollywoodLife.com, NYTimes.com
Maren Morris Facts
- During her childhood, she was into choir singing, soccer, and theater.
- Maren was just 11 years old when she first began singing in clubs and at parties.
- Maren Morris was the CMA New Artist of the Year for 2016.
- She became the most nominated country artist for the 59th Grammy Awards in 2017, having won four nominations including Best New Artist, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Song, and Best Country Album categories.
- The musician has written songs for the likes of Tim McGraw and Kelly Clarkson. For McGraw, she has writer credits for Last Turn Home on his Sundown Heaven Town (2016) album while she wrote Second Wind for Kelly (part of her album Piece By Piece (2015)).
- During the 2020 CMA Awards, she won the Female Vocalist of the Year.
- For her single, “The Bones”, Maren also won the Single of the Year and Song of the Year awards during the 2020 CMA Awards.
- At the 2020 American Music Awards, she won the Favorite Female Artist – Country award by beating Miranda Lambert and Gabby Barrett.
- In January 2021, Maren released a new song titled Line by Line by teaming up with JP Saxe.
- She was awarded the ‘Female Artist of the Year’ at the 2021 ACM Awards.
- Due to a scheduling conflict, Maren had to opt out of her performance at the 2021 CMT Music Awards. Otherwise, she was scheduled to perform Line by Line with collaborator JP Saxe.
- In January 2022, Maren released the music video of her new single titled Circles Around This Town.
- In 2019, Maren posed topless during a photo shoot for Playboy.
- In August 2022, Maren teamed up with Zedd for a new song titled Make You Say.
- In September 2023, Maren released 2 new songs titled The Tree and Get the Hell Out of Here. Both the songs are part of her 2023 EP, The Bridge.