Maren Larae Morris
Arlington, Texas, U.S.
Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.
Morris completed her high school and then attended the University of North Texas.
Singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Gregory Morris
- Mother – Kellie Morris
- Siblings – Karsen Morris (Younger Sister)
Red Light Management
Country, classic rock, hip-hop-influenced pop
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maren Morris dated –
- Ryan Hurd (2015-Present) – Maren started dating American country singer Ryan Hurd in 2015. Their marriage took place at The Cordelle in Nashville on March 24, 2018. In March 2020, she gave birth to a boy named, Hayes Andrew Hurd.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her voice
- Wears nose ring
33-25-32 in or 84-63.5-81 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
Her single “My Church” (2016) that topped the Country Digital Songs list.
Her first studio album Walk On was released on June 14, 2005 via Mozzi Blozzi. It didn’t rank anywhere on the music charts.
First TV Show
In an April 2016 episode, she was a musical guest in news talk-show Good Morning America.
Maren Morris Favorite Things
- Movie – I’ll Be Home For Christmas (1998)
- Singers – Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen
- Role Models – Johnny Cash, The Dixie Chicks, Sheryl Crow, Chaka Khan
- Bands – NSync, The Spice Girls
Source – Twitter.com, Glamour.com, HollywoodLife.com, NYTimes.com
Maren Morris Facts
- During her childhood, she was into choir singing, soccer, and theater.
- Maren was just 11 years old when she first began singing in clubs and at parties.
- Maren Morris is the CMA New Artist of the Year for 2016.
- She became the most-nominated country artist for the 59th Grammy Awards in 2017, having won four nominations including Best New Artist, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Country Song, and Best Country Album categories.
- The musician has written songs for the likes of Tim McGraw and Kelly Clarkson. For McGraw, she has writer credits for Last Turn Home on his Sundown Heaven Town (2016) album while she wrote Second Wind for Kelly (part of her album Piece By Piece (2015)).