|Brandi Carlile Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|June 1, 1981
Brandi Carlile is considered as one of the prominent Americana and folk-rock singers in the United States. She got her first big breakthrough with the viral popularity of her single, The Story, which was also used by General Motors for their advertisement campaign during the 2008 Summer Olympics. She got her biggest financial breakthrough with the release of her studio album, The Firewatcher’s Daughter.
Brandi M. Carlile
Ravensdale, Washington, United States
Brandi Carlile went to the Tahoma High School. However, soon after, she dropped out to focus on her music career.
- Mother – Teresa Carlile
- Siblings – Jay Carlile (Brother), Tiffany Carlile (Sister)
Brandi Carlile is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Folk rock, Americana, Alternative Country, Alternative Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Banjo
Columbia, ATO Records, Low Country Sound
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brandi Carlile has dated –
- Catherine Shepherd (2012-Present) – In June 2012, it was revealed that Brandi had got engaged to her girlfriend, Catherine Shepherd. They got married in an intimate wedding ceremony in September 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts. In June 2014, Catherine gave birth to their daughter, Evangeline Ruth Carlile. Evangeline was conceived via a sperm donor. Brandi announced via her Instagram account that she and Catherine were expecting their 2nd child. Later, Catherine gave birth to their second daughter, Elijah Shepherd Carlile, in March 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
In November 2002, she revealed in an interview that she was a lesbian.
In 2008, Brandi Carlile’s song, The Story, was used in a TV commercial for GM.
Her another song was used in a TV advert for popular clothing and footwear department store, Belk.
She is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
- The immense success garnered by her studio album, The Firewatcher’s Daughter, which eventually managed to earn a nomination for Best Americana Album at the Grammy Awards
- The popularity of her studio album, By the Way, I Forgive You. The album went on to peak at the 5th spot on US Billboard 200.
In July 2005, she released her debut studio album, Brandi Carlile, which was highly praised by the critics.
In 2018, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic drama movie, A Star Is Born.
First TV Show
In 2005, Brandi Carlile made her first TV show appearance in New Philadelphia-Dover, Ohio episode of the reality series, Three Wishes.
Brandi Carlile Favorite Things
- Signature Dish – Sockeye salmon grilled on cedar planks
- Pre-Show Drink – Jameson Whiskey
- Whiskey – Single Malt Scotch
Source – Eater Seattle
Brandi Carlile Facts
- During her late teens, she used to regularly perform as a backup singer for an Elvis Presley impersonator at the local music shows.
- Brandi was a member of the music band, The Shed, in her teens. The band used to perform frequently at Pike Place Market in Seattle.
- While growing up, she taught herself how to sing just like her mother had done. By the time she turned 8 years old, she was performing country songs on the stage.
- She also performed Johnny Cash‘s Tennessee Flat Top Box with her mother at the age of 8.
- She started playing guitar at the age of 15. She also started writing songs at the same age.
- She was diagnosed with the attention-deficit disorder in her teens. She has indicated in her interviews that it was one of the things that pushed her to pursue music over completing her high school education.
- At the start of her professional music career, Brandi used to perform with the twin brothers, Tim and Phil Hanseroth, in the music clubs in Seattle.
- She impressed Columbia Records with the songs that she had recorded at her home and they offered her a record contract in 2004.
- The Rolling Stone magazine featured her in their list featuring 10 Artists to Watch in 2005. She was also featured in similar lists by Paste and Interview magazine.
- She had got opportunities to support established music artists and groups including Ray LaMontagne, Tori Amos, The Fray, and Chris Isaak by the end of 2006.
- In January 2014, Brandi performed the United States National Anthem during the NFL playoff match between Saints and Seahawks.
- In 2008, she established a non-profit organization called Looking Out Foundation. The foundation was started to lend financial support to the causes she believed in.
- Through her foundation, she has given financial grants to various charitable causes and organizations including the American Diabetes Association, The Bridge School, Honor the Earth, The Women’s Funding Alliance, and UNICEF.
- In January 2010, her foundation collaborated with the 2 local Seattle self-defense studios, the Seattle Police Department and the Indigo Girls, to endorse and promote the Fight the Fear campaign.
- Brandi is a huge fan of Elton John.
- During the 2023 Grammy Awards, Brandi won the awards for “Best Rock Song” and “Best Rock Performance” for Broken Horses.
- Visit her official website @ brandicarlile.com.
- Follow Brandi Carlile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Brandi Carlile / Instagram