|Zedd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 2, 1989|
Zedd is a Russian DJ, record producer, songwriter, musician, and model. He has released albums, extended plays, and tracks like True Colors, Stay (with Alessia Cara), Clarity, Autonomy, Shave It – The Aftershave, Spectrum, The Legend of Zelda, Shotgun, Scorpion Move, The Anthem, Stars Come Out (ft. Heather Bright), Stay the Night (ft. Hayley Williams), Spectrum (ft. Matthew Koma), Slam the Door, Find You (ft. Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant), Ignite, Papercut (ft. Troye Sivan), Beautiful Now (ft. Jon Bellion), Funny (with Jasmine Thompson), You’ve Got to Let Go If You Want to Be Free (with Disclosure), 365 (with Katy Perry), Good Thing (with Kehlani), and Get Low (with Liam Payne).
Zedd, DJ Zedd
Saratov, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
Los Angeles, California, United States
After graduating from high school, he wanted to get enrolled at a university for higher studies. However, his music career took off and he dropped education.
Record Producer, Songwriter, DJ, Musician, Model
- Father – Igor Zaslavski (Guitarist and School Teacher)
- Mother – Marina Vladimirovna Zaslavskaya (Piano Instructor)
- Siblings – Arkadi Zaslavski (Older Brother), Daniel Zaslavski (Younger Brother)
- Others – Margarita (Grandmother)
Zedd has been represented by –
- WME Entertainment – Europe
- Paradigm Agency – Rest of the World
Electronic Dance Music (EDM), Pop, Future Bass, Dance-Pop, House, Electro House, Progressive House
Digital audio workstation, piano, keyboards, synthesizers, guitar, drums, percussion
Interscope Records, OWSLA, Spinnin’ Records, Dim Mak Records
His net worth had been $50 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zedd has dated –
- Olivia Culpo – He was romantically involved with American fashion influencer, social media personality, and actor Olivia Culpo in the past.
- Selena Gomez (2015) – Zedd first met Selena Gomez at a recording studio where she was working on a song and he had come there to pee. They were introduced by the head of Interscope Records and soon collaborated for the single, I Want You to Know. They grew close and were soon spotted together at the Vanity Fair Oscars party. In January 2015, Zedd shared a picture of Selena in lingerie and the tags alluded to a suggestion that she was in his bed. They decided to go separate ways in May 2015.
- Nina Dobrev (2015) – Zedd was in a relationship with actor Nina Dobrev in 2015. These RUMORs surfaced after Zedd shared a picture of them together on his Instagram in May 2015.
- Eloise Webb (2016) – It is RUMORed that he had an affair with British actor Eloise Webb in 2016.
- Bryana Holly (2016) – In 2016, Zedd was RUMORed to have hooked up with actor Bryana Holly. The rumors of their relationship solidified in May 2016 after they were pictured together during the trip to Disneyland. They seemed to be pretty cozy together while enjoying various rides at the theme park.
Race / Ethnicity
Zedd is of Russian Jewish descent.
Zedd has starred in the TV commercials for –
- Bud Light Platinum Beer
He has also given music in the TV commercial for Shoedazzle.com.
Best Known For
- Popularity and success of the single, Clarity, which won the Grammy award for the best dance song
- Having collaborated with leading artists such as Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, and One Republic
Zedd released his debut studio album, Clarity in 2012 which recorded a sale number of 208,000 in the US.
First TV Show
In 2013, Zedd made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, The Best Hit USA as himself.
When he is traveling to perform across various venues, he doesn’t have much time for gym workouts and instead, relies on the cardio, he gets while jumping and dancing during the show for about 2 hours. However, when he is at his home writing and creating new music, he regularly hits the gym.
Zedd Favorite Things
- Airline – Continental Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Korean Air
- Drink of Choice – Jack and Coke, or Red Bull and vodka
- Songs – Tuna In The Brine (By Silverchair), For Miles (By Thrice), I Remember (By Kaskade x deadmau5), Aerodynamic (By Daft Punk), Firth Of Fifth (By Genesis)
Source – Magnetic Mag
- In 2010, Zedd got his breakthrough after Zedd sent one of his songs to DJ and producer Skrillex on Myspace. Skrillex was impressed and took him along for his tour.
- Zedd learned how to play piano at the age of 4. His parents, who were classical music performers, served as his first teachers.
- At the age of 12, he joined hands with his brother to start a hard rock band named, Dioramic.
- He became interested in EDM and house music after listening to an electronic duo, Justice in 2009.
- On May 15, 2015, he released his 2nd studio album titled True Colors via Interscope Records and it was certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association Singapore (RIAS). Also, the album peaked at number #1 on the US Top Dance/Electronic Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #4 on both the US Billboard 200 chart as well as the UK Dance Albums (OCC) chart.
- In August 2022, Zedd and Maren Morris released a new song titled Make You Say.