Troye Sivan Mellet
Johannesburg, South Africa
Perth, Western Australia
Until 2009, Troye went to Carmel School in Perth, Western Australia. Then, he switched to distance education.
Singer, songwriter, actor, YouTube personality
- Father – Shaun Mellet (Real Estate Agent)
- Mother – Laurelle Mellet (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Steele (Brother), Tyde (Brother), Sage (Sister)
United Talent Agency
Pop, indie pop, dance
Vocals, bass guitar, piano
EMI Music Australia
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Troye Sivan has dated –
- Jacob Bixenman (2016-2020) – American model, Jacob Bixenman and Troye started dating in 2016. Jacob was also seen in Troye’s music video for “Heaven” released in January 2017. They separated in the summer of 2020 after dating for approx 4 years.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin body frame
- Red rosy lips
He has appeared in Smarter Than Smoking commercial.
His dad was raised Jewish, and his mom converted to Judaism.
Best Known For
Playing John “Spud” Milton in the Spud film series.
He is also known for his singles “Happy Little Pill,” “Wild,” “Talk Me Down,” etc.
On December 4, 2015, Troye released his debut album Blue Neighbourhood via EMI and Capitol Records.
The album which consists of 10 songs in the standard edition of the album received positive reviews from the music critics.
But, before releasing this album, he had already released 4 Extended Plays (EPs).
He debuted with the 2009 superhero film X-Men Origins: Wolverine where he got to play the younger version of James Howlett (played by Hugh Jackman).
First TV Show
From 2006 to 2008, he performed the opening act in the Seven Television’s Perth Telethon.
He doesn’t seem to exercise much. Though, he has a really thin body frame. Troye even tweeted about the need to workout on Twitter.
He also learned some fitness tips from YouTuber Marcus Butler in a rather funny YouTube video.
Troye Sivan Favorite Things
- Food – Macaroni and cheese
- Color – Faded Gray-Blue
- Song – “Wake Up Alone” by Amy Winehouse
- Favorite YouTube Videos (From His Own Channel) – LGBT-themed ones
- All-Time Favorite Music Artist – Amy Winehouse
- Artists (with whom he collaborated) – Broods, Tkay Maidza
- Emoji – Click Here
- Movie – Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- Hashtag – #Wild
- YouTuber – Natalie Tran
Source – iHeart.com, YouTube.com, Wikipedia
Troye Sivan Facts
- Troye is an Australian singer and actor, who was born in South Africa. His family relocated to Australia when he was 2 because the crime was increasing continually in South Africa at that time.
- Troye has a family dog named, Jagga.
- He likes his middle name “Sivan” more than his last name and so, he started using it as his last name.
- On August 7, 2013, he revealed via a YouTube video that he is a gay.
- At Channel Seven Perth Telethon, Troye sang in the years 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- He started doing video blogging on YouTube in September 2012. He was 17 at that time.
- In 2015, he was featured as an artist in Zedd‘s song “Papercut.”
- He has a genetic disorder called marfan syndrome which leads to bendy fingers.
- As per Troye, he doesn’t suffer (or has suffered) from an eating disorder. But, he thanked singer Kesha on Twitter for revealing about her eating disorder struggles and available treatments.
- He generally shops from TopShop and sometimes visits Saint Laurent, if he is feeling special.
- Troye enjoys doing vintage shopping.
- He fangirls over Nicki Minaj, Amy Winehouse, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift.
- Eating Nutella by the spoonful is his guilty pleasure.
- Taylor Swift praised his song and EP named “Wild” by tweeting about it on Twitter and he couldn’t control his emotions after that and didn’t even sleep that night.