|Cherry Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1956|
Cherry Jones is an American actress who has majorly done work in renowned theatre plays. She is widely known to be one of the greatest theatre actors of all time and has been a part of plays like The Heiress, Doubt, Stepping Out, and many others. Cherry has made various appearances in films as well such as The Horse Whisperer (1998), Erin Brockovich (2000), The Village (2004), Amelia (2009), and many others. She is the founder of the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge. She has won various awards and nominations for her performances in renowned plays. In 2005, she won a Tony Award for her performance in John Patrick Shanley’s play Doubt. She has done various TV series like Spenser: For Hire (1987), 24 (2009-2010), Clubhouse (2004-2005), Chimerica (2019), and many others.
Paris, Tennessee, United States
New York, United States
She graduated from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama in 1978. She also trained under local drama teacher Ruby Krider.
- Father – Jack Jones (Florist)
- Mother – Joan Jones (High School English Teacher)
- Siblings – Susan (Sister)
She is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cherry has dated-
- Mary O’Connor – Mary who is an architect was in an 18 year-long relationship with Cherry. Cherry thanked Mary when she received her first Tony Award in 1995.
- Sarah Paulson (2004-2009) – Cherry and actress Sarah Paulson started dating in 2004. They were in a relationship for 5 years before they parted ways in 2009.
- Sophie Huber (2015-Present) – Sophie Huber, a filmmaker, and Cherry Jones got married to each other in the year 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide Cheeks
- Long Eye Lashes
Best Known For
- Appearing in the revival of the play The Heiress in the year 1995
- Her performances in Doubt, 24, and The Handmaid’s Tale
She made her theatrical film debut as Cindy Montgomery in Light of Day in 1987.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut on the documentary series, American Masters in 1985.
Cherry Jones Favorite Things
- Band – Shinedown
- Food – Chipotle
- TV Show – Will and Grace
- Movie – Zapped
- People – Bart Baker
Source – TheStickyFacts.com
Cherry Jones Facts
- In 2005, she won her 2nd Tony Award in the “Best Actress in a Play” category for her role as Sister Aloysius in Doubt.
- She was highly inspired by Colleen Dewhurst’s performance in A Moon for the Misbegotten. She later played the same role and was nominated for a Tony Award in the “Best Actress in a Play” category in 2000.
- Cherry is the founding member of the American Repertory Theater.
- She started her acting career at the age of 21.
- Since the beginning of her career, she has openly been a lesbian.
- She is considered as one of the most prominent American stage actresses of all time.
- She has been a devoted LGBTQA+ rights activist.
- Cherry has portrayed the role of the first female President of the United States, Allison Taylor on the TV series, 24.
- She has been a narrator for the Little House audiobook series written by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
- She has always been very grateful to her high school speech teacher Linda Wilson.
- Cherry got inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame in the year 2014.
- She has been a part of broadway performances like Angels in America: Millennium Approaches and Angels in America: Perestroika.
- Cherry was one of the earliest actors to work at City Theatre.
- She is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Kathleen Tyler Conklin / Flickr / CC BY-2.0